The chances of all the coinshots being in one car seem very small, so since (if I understand the original rules, Renegade confirm?) the coinshots get one free PM to the active killer, they will at the very least list the occupants of their cars, then they will most likely have multiple cars to choose from.

Yes, the Coinshot Clan members can send a single PM to the player that is currently making the kill.  (Note that if the players sending these PMs are role-blocked, it doesn't do anything to their message, or the CC kill.)

Btw, how is it determined which cc gets to be the killer on any given night? Is it random, do you go down a list, or is that secret?

The killer will rotate in a repeating pattern between the Clan members (though the exact ordering of them is determined randomly at the start of the game).

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Due to the relatively large number of clarifications I've received in PMs and in-thread (some of which are repeat clarifications), I've set up a google doc with the rules and game clarifications.  If you have a question/clarification that has not yet been answered in there, you can put a comment somewhere on the doc, or ask it in here or your game PM, and I will add that clarification to the rules.

Also, just over 2 hours left in the cycle.  Get your actions and votes in!

That was a bit confusing at first, but I think I get it now. So role lock on the CC who is making the kill will still stop the kill, right? And Shallan, I'm glad to have the opportunity to say "Nice math". I looked through it and it all seems correct and well thought-out. I would mention that it is already cycle 2, about to be cycle 3, and can we get a math person for how soon we need to get the first CC? (Shallan?) We can probably assume that it will be pretty random early on, but maybe make it more likely the later in the game it is? I don't have any idea though. Thanks!

The killer will rotate in a repeating pattern between the Clan members (though the exact ordering of them is determined randomly at the start of the game).

That leaves us with a few options. 1) Adamir is a CC and has already used his kill, and is hoping to run out of coins before its his turn again, or 2) he really is innocent. I think its probably the latter

BTW bort, you seem to have voted twice, once for adamir, and one for phattemer. which one is for reelz? It currently looks like:

Meta-panda and gamma

Adamir- eowyn, burnt spaghetti, and maybe bort

phattemer- phattemer and maybe bort

orlok- neo and adamir

with everyone else who has a vote as one. Sorry its not a complete list, but i gotta run. anyway, which on are you voting for Bort?

Edited by leiftinspace

Phattemer, where were you able to see Shallan's statistical work? I find myself quite interested in seeing the work that was attributed to me.

That and I just have an appreciation for well done math.

Evyn stood suddenly, her hair blowing in the nonexistent wind. Facing the window, she stared off at something in the distance and whispered dramatically into the void. "The time has come. The time... of DOOM." (cue Minas Morgul music)

Station 3: Time of Doom

The next stop was at Doriel, a large town, and the passengers found themselves on a busy platform as they were herded out of the car.

“Well, at least he can’t shoot us here,” Mennet mumbled to Zane, who frowned and turned away from him.

“Is that so?” Gavin boomed, projecting his voice at the crowd and raising an eyebrow at Mennet.  Gavin was no tineye, but he had become good at lip-reading over the years.  Many porters, merchants, and other people bustling around the boarding platform slowed and looked towards Gavin.  “Then perhaps you wouldn’t mind showing us what is in your pockets?”

“What do you mean?” Mennet protested.  “I have nothing…” He stopped as Zane and Symmer Ghetti, the two closest to him, reached into his pockets and each pulled out a Sterrion.  Many of the other people watching at the platform gasped.

Gavin gave Mennet a hard stare.

“It was… for… self-defense,” Mennet managed.  The other passengers just blinked at him incredulously.  One sidearm might make sense for self-defense, but two?

“You’re right about one thing, Mennet,” Gavin sighed.  “I’m not going to shoot you in such a public space.  But those men,” Gavin gestured to a number of constables that were pushing their way to the front of the crowd, “I’d be more concerned about.”

Mennet started cackling wildly, and pulled out an unnervingly large spike from his pocket (how had Zane and Symmer missed that?) and plunged it straight through his shirt, directly into his chest.

Gavin raised an inquisitive eyebrow, and motioned for the constables to shoot.  They did so, and Mennet fell, a shot to the head causing him to plunge onto the train tracks below.

“Well,” Gavin said, looking slightly smug, “seems like we found one of them.”

“Uh, erm, not exactly, sir,” one of the constables said, frowning.  “That man was Mennet Farrsolin, correct?”

“Yes,” Gavin said, narrowing his eyes.

“I’m afraid that was my cousin, sir,” the constable said.  Gavin blinked.  Now that was an unfortunate twist of fate.  “And I’m afraid that he’s always been overly paranoid like that.  Carried a couple of Sterrions wherever he went.”

“Well, why didn’t you say anything?” Gavin asked, incredulous.

“Haven’t seen him in a while,” the constable said, looking down.  “I didn’t recognize him at first.  Rust and ruin, I could of stopped him from being shot.  Why didn’t I recognize him?”

“It isn’t your fault,” Gavin said, laying a hand on the man’s shoulder.  “The Coinshot Clan has taken away one of our lives already, and now they’ve led to this death.  I wouldn’t be surprised if…”

A gunshot rang through the crowd, loud and true.  In all the frenzy, nobody knew where it had come from, but in the next moment, a woman fell to the ground.

“Miss Evyn!  Miss Evyn!” several of the passengers yelled, pointing to the lady, who had a gunshot wound just above her heart.  The passengers backed away, as if Miss Evyn would somehow get back up and claw at them.

Gavin rushed towards her, seeing the young lady alive, but bleeding badly.  She wouldn’t make it.  “Mennet,” she moaned, “it’s him…”

“You’re not thinking straight,” Gavin said.  “He’s already dead.  He wasn’t part of the clan.”

At this, Miss Evyn’s face seemed to become grim, hardened against the world.  “The time has come,” she mouthed, her eyes closing.  “The time of doom…”

Vote Tally:
Mennet Farrsolin (3): Zane Tevison, Symmer Ghetti, Miss Evyn
Met-al (2): Jain, Grind
Seixa (2): Seixa, Bortholemew the Blind
Locke (2): Neo, Mennet Farrsolin
Penga (1): Senn Conrad-Tekiel
Jain (1): Locke
Vindication (1): Vindication
Doctor McNinja (1): Everton Slade
Neo (1): Doctor McNinja
Nails (1): Nails
Leif Erikeller (1): Leif Erikeller
Dow (1): Dow
Old Wolf (0): Old Wolf

Mennet Farrsolin was lynched!  He was a
Passenger.
Miss Evyn was killed!  She was a
Passenger as well.

There is an Assassin available this cycle!  Station 3 begins, and will end in just over 23 hours.  Good luck!

Also, rules update: From this station (Station 3) and onwards, you will not receive a coin for placing a vote on yourself. :P That is all.

Edited by Alvron

Well, that didn't work. 

EDIT- So Wolf was Caboosed, and now we have 4 Villagers dead, and we're not very close to finding any CCs. Does anyone have any suspicions? Lady Eowyn was probably in the Caboose, since she wasn't posted in either the buffet or the passenger train. 

I can confirm that Eowyn was in the caboose.  Since it doesn't help the coinshots after the fact, I'm happy to post the list from last station:

jasonpenguin,

bridgeboy,

clanky,

lady eowyn,

burnt spaghetti

orlock

aanwolf

Also, I can't find the general station 2 thread from last time.  Anyone know how we can get it?  I have an issue I'd like to raise from that, but want to double-check my facts before casting suspicion on anyone.

By the way, some may be interested to know that lady eowyn raise the issue at the end of the day of whether or not we would know from a random role-block who was role-blocked.  I doubt that was a reason for targeting her, since it was posted only about an hour before the end of the cycle and no one had time to respond, but it's potentially useful info.

It's also nice to see that we can indeed tell who was role-blocked, provided that person cast a lynch vote.  So, we either need to abandon the random role-blocking or make sure everyone (or at least all-but-one) gets a lynch vote in.  Which we should be doing anyway, just to make sure everyone gets coin (since the passengers will greatly outnumber the coinshots).

EDIT: Thanks zas, I'll review it...

Edited by Aanwolf

I agree with Gamma's plan from last cycle. From here on out, let's not post lists of who's in what car, until after the cycle changeover. The Coinshots benefit more than we do from current lists.

Meta, another poke vote on you. Why did you promote discussion at the start of the game, only to not participate in said discussion? Why have you only talked in the PMs?

Now, and updated player list:

Zane Tevison (zas678)

Jain (Lightsworn Panda)

Symmer Ghetti (Burnt Spaghetti)

Miss Evyn (Lady Eowyn) Passenger

Grind (Gamma Fiend)

Senn Conrad-Tekiel (Seonid)

The Pooh with a Name (Araris Valerian) Passenger

Locke (OrlokTsubodai)

Seixa (phattemer)

Bortholemew the Blind (Bort)

Vindication (Shallan)

Everton Slade (Bridge Boy)

Doctor McNinja (Clanky)

Nails (Alvron)

Neo (Neodymium)

Penga (jasonpenguin)

Mennet Farrsolin (Adamir) Passenger

Leif Erikeller (leiftinspace)

Silent Man (The Only Joe)  Passenger

Old Wolf (Aanwolf)

Dow (dowanx)

Met-al (Metacognition)

Edit: Grammar

Edited by Lightsworn Panda

Peng, you're the only one who has really piqued my suspicions besides meta due to you switching your vote off him and on me because i did vote for him. DEFEND YOURSELF!!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :)

First off, I only voted for meta as I wanted coins and he, at that point, had no votes on him. I pulled off my vote when it started to look like he was actually going to be lynched, which I didn't want. As for why I moved it to you, it is suspicious to have a bandwagon first round. Traitors can easily hide in bandwagons and avoid responsibility for lynches. I'm also genuinly curious what ulterior motives you think that action could have.

Edited by jasonpenguin