Ask Slowswift Anything

Slowswift

I'm a younger sibling! I'll have you know us younger sisters are gracious, beautiful, articulate, and... Okay, fine, annoying, but so are older brothers!

Anyway, on topic, what's your favorite type of weather? Sun, rain, thunderstorms, overcast?

I'm a younger sibling! I'll have you know us younger sisters are gracious, beautiful, articulate, and... Okay, fine, annoying, but so are older brothers!

Anyway, on topic, what's your favorite type of weather? Sun, rain, thunderstorms, overcast?

• 2 weeks later...

What is your opinion on gay marriage?

Ah, the Question.

I'm against the redefinition of marriage. I believe that marriage is between one man and one woman.

The Family: A Proclamation to the World and this letter.

Basically, as Brandon himself actually said, I wouldn't mind if civil unions were legal for gays. The question comes down to whether it's actually "marriage".

Also, I'm kinda annoyed at the Supreme Court because Tenth Amendment.  <_<

• 7 years later...

Ooh, them's good questions. For favorite pen, I'd have to say it's a tie between my Lamy 2000 and Pilot 823. As for ink, I don't know if I have a favorite single ink, but I tend to like blues and purples. And I'm a total convert to Tomoe River; it handles ink like none other and the texture is marvelous. I don't yet know how the new stuff'll stack up, but I'm optimistic. Either way, there's plenty of paper out there, and I look forward to trying more of it.

On 23/07/2022 at 0:34 AM, Slowswift said:

Ooh, them's good questions. For favorite pen, I'd have to say it's a tie between my Lamy 2000 and Pilot 823. As for ink, I don't know if I have a favorite single ink, but I tend to like blues and purples. And I'm a total convert to Tomoe River; it handles ink like none other and the texture is marvelous. I don't yet know how the new stuff'll stack up, but I'm optimistic. Either way, there's plenty of paper out there, and I look forward to trying more of it.

Cool.  I also have a Lamy 2000 (EF), and I'm lucky enough to have gotten some original TRP a few years ago.  I use it sparingly!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2024 at 6:56 PM, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Why do you like Sanderson?

Sorry I've taken so long to respond! Honestly, I've been trying to think of an answer that isn't just "Uh...because I do?" My first Sanderson was Alcatraz vs the Evil Librarians when I was, what, ten years old? Li'l gremlin me loved their rather unique sense of humor--I was (and am) a simple man. Given that I was already an avid reader, it was only natural that as I got older, I got my hands on his other books. I've always loved fantasy, so Brandon's best-in-class worldbuilding pulled me in, and his character work kept me there. Once I finished The Hero of Ages, I was in for life. :P