What Do You Look Like?

Guest Cognizantastic

I dye my hair with henna and the colour is kinda unpredictable, and this time I got my hair so flaming ginger I am ridiculously proud of myself :lol:

Spoiler

IMG_20170413_192558_680.jpg

Sorry for the instagramness of the photo XD I know I made a silly face, the colour is worth showing off though! 

8 hours ago, strumienpola said:

I dye my hair with henna and the colour is kinda unpredictable, and this time I got my hair so flaming ginger I am ridiculously proud of myself :lol:

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry for the instagramness of the photo XD I know I made a silly face, the colour is worth showing off though! 

Oh mad! Henna is great :D

oh and @A Budgie I always get a crew cut >>

Edited by Darkness Ascendant

On 4/16/2017 at 0:09 AM, bleeder said:

@TwiLyghtSansSparkles It's a bit of a work in progress, but take a look:

Reveal hidden contents

webcam-toy-photo165.jpg

Is that your arm??!!!

you need to get some meat on those bones my boy.

I have this cousin who can hook you up with the meanest chouta dealer you'll ever meet. 

1 hour ago, bleeder said:
  Reveal hidden contents

C9xTWvYV0AAU72r.jpg

I am the skinny

You are the stick.

Speaking of sticks, when I still had my I am a Stick T-shirt (I outgrew it <_<) A bunch of the older ladies from church would say things like "You are a stick, aren't you, dear." "(jokingly) No need to rub it in" and "That is so inspirational! I am a stick. I can become a stick, if I try hard enough."

I didn't have the heart to tell them. :mellow:

On 4/13/2017 at 5:11 PM, strumienpola said:

Reveal hidden contents

Huh. I use henna regularly, and my results are pretty consistent. I mean, it helps that my hair is already pretty red to begin with, but high-quality henna should give you similar results every time. Where are you getting your product from?

1 hour ago, strumienpola said:

I hope that's your natural state and you're all right buddy? 

This is indeed my natural state, both in body shape and attire. 

I'm just really lean. 5'10" and 118 lbs. (Or for you metric users, 180 cm, 53 kg)

2 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

Huh. I use henna regularly, and my results are pretty consistent. I mean, it helps that my hair is already pretty red to begin with, but high-quality henna should give you similar results every time. Where are you getting your product from?

That's because I'm doing mixology. I don't use pure henna, but henna/cassia mix - the effect is less red, more copper-gold - I don't use water to mix the powder, I use chamomile tea (last time I mixed it with rhubarb root extract) and honey - it makes the colour lighter - I use weaker acids than lemon zest - It's making the colour too dark - I use diluted juice or apple juice, acerola works great. I also add non-dying stuff - a bit of no-silicone little-oils conditioner, lax seed gel, aloe gel - to avoid over-drying my hair in the process. So every time my mix is a bit different. 

Also my hair structure is weird, because part of my hair have been bleached before, so my natural hair - to shoulders - dyes more or less the same every time, below that, I just never know what happens ;) this time my hair is almost metallic in colour. 

Oh, I add tumeric too! Makes colour more yellow. 

Btw, my natural hair is also kind of reddish. Ginger blond. 

Edited by strumienpola

5 minutes ago, strumienpola said:

That's because I'm doing mixology. I don't use pure henna, but henna/cassia mix - the effect is less red, more copper-gold - I don't use water to mix the powder, I use chamomile tea (last time I mixed it with rhubarb root extract) and honey - it makes the colour lighter - I use weaker acids than lemon zest - It's making the colour too dark - I use diluted juice or apple juice, acerola works great. I also add non-dying stuff - a bit of no-silicone little-oils conditioner, lax seed gel, aloe gel - to avoid over-drying my hair in the process. So every time my mix is a bit different. 

Also my hair structure is weird, because part of my hair have been bleached before, so my natural hair - to shoulders - dyes more or less the same every time, below that, I just never know what happens ;) this time my hair is almost metallic in colour. 

Btw, my natural hair is also kind of reddish. Ginger blond. 

Ahh, gotcha. That makes sense; I've never used cassia, and I prefer a red that leans more towards the auburn side than the blonde side.  (Which is why I henna in the first place; my natural heavily strawberry blonde just isn't red enough for me.)

Can I jump back on the hair dye bandwagon?

I found someone who can do my hair the way I want it, for approx the equivalent of about 100USD, but the dye will only last 2-3 weeks. Im not paying that amount of money for a couple weeks!

For reference, what I want is basically 

cd12129cfe558cc36740635481988cd0.jpg

4f17a1e28e0ba8516e10f9b6fb3601aa.jpg

Help? Advice? Anything please?

Edited by Delightfully Smoak
Why does post-spoiler text get stuck in the spoiler??

8 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

Ahh, gotcha. That makes sense; I've never used cassia, and I prefer a red that leans more towards the auburn side than the blonde side.  (Which is why I henna in the first place; my natural heavily strawberry blonde just isn't red enough for me.)

Yeah, I go for lighter colour. I used to love auburn too, but changed my mind ;D 

8 minutes ago, Delightfully Smoak said:

Can I jump back on the hair dye bandwagon?

I found someone who can do my hair the way I want it, for approx the equivalent of about 100USD, but the dye will only last 2-3 weeks. Im not paying that amount of money for a couple weeks!

For reference, what I want is basically 

Hide contents

cd12129cfe558cc36740635481988cd0.jpg

4f17a1e28e0ba8516e10f9b6fb3601aa.jpg

Help? Advice? Anything please?

Navy blue is not that hard to do, there are already permanent blue dyes. Purple is much harder, it can only be done with semi-permanent stuff, like toners and foams and such. 

I don't have that pic on my phone anymore, so here's from instagram

Spoiler

My purple was lighter than what you want, so my guess is your way doesn't use bleaching. And so I discourage it, because after two hair washes there will be barely any colour visible. Not that I encourage bleaching, it's awful XD 

So my advice is to give up on purple and do only navy blue with a permanent dye. 

Permanent = with developer, not just a cream colour. But even permanent dyes of unnatutal colour fade :c blue lasts more or less as long as red (not copper), so after a month or so it won't be vibrant anymore, the colour will wash out a little. But trust me, it's still better than toner, toner only lasts 2-3 weeks in theory, in reality, it lasts 2-3 hair washes, that was always one week for me. After two weeks my hair looked pretty much like that:

Spoiler

So yeah, toners are a let down. 

Btw I just saw that Schwarzkopf live has purple, but its more burgundy than violet. Maybe some other brands have something better, you need to ask in a hair salon. 

Edited by strumienpola

11 minutes ago, strumienpola said:

Permanent = with developer, not just a cream colour. But even permanent dyes of unnatutal colour fade :c blue lasts more or less as long as red (not copper), so after a month or so it won't be vibrant anymore, the colour will wash out a little. But trust me, it's still better than toner, toner only lasts 2-3 weeks in theory, in reality, it lasts 2-3 hair washes, that was always one week for me. After two weeks my hair looked pretty much like that:

Hide contents

So yeah, toners are a let down. 

Btw I just saw that Schwarzkopf live has purple, but its more burgundy than violet. Maybe some other brands have something better, you need to ask in a hair salon. 

I would look absolutely terrible all bleached and blonde. Noooot a good look for me. I think I'm gonna switch to blue dye. Did your blue and purple all wash out together?

3 hours ago, Delightfully Smoak said:

I would look absolutely terrible all bleached and blonde. Noooot a good look for me. I think I'm gonna switch to blue dye. Did your blue and purple all wash out together?

Purple faded faster. It was pink after one wash. Blue stayed longer and it was staying blue - only lighter shades of blue. But that was with toner, I'm not sure how would that be with a proper dye.