What Do You Look Like?

Guest Cognizantastic

2 hours ago, Sunbird said:

*waves arms* I play oboe too!

Only if you play it well, though. Badly played oboe sounds worse than pretty much any other badly-played instrument. XD

I take it you've never been in a room full of bad violin players. Word of advice, don't. 

And as for what I look like, here is a pic of me in formal attire

download.jpg

3 minutes ago, Shqueeves said:

I take it you've never been in a room full of bad violin players. Word of advice, don't.

I've listened to like one or two at a time, but never a whole room full. The question is, Can a single bad violinist sound as bad as a single bad oboist?

4 minutes ago, Shqueeves said:

And as for what I look like, here is a pic of me in formal attire

download.jpg

Oscar the Grouch is a Sanderfan?? =D

Just now, Sunbird said:

I've listened to like one or two at a time, but never a whole room full. The question is, Can a single bad violinist sound as bad as a single bad oboist?

Oscar the Grouch is a Sanderfan?? =D

To answer your questions, in order, no idea (as of yet I've never heard a bad oboist) and no, Oscar the Grouch lives in a garbage can, while I am garbage (making the can count as formal attire)

6 minutes ago, Shqueeves said:

My sister plays violin, and is not *ahem* currently talented. However, I am not sure if the ear pain would increase proportionately with each unfortunate violin.

Just one or two oboes is enough though.

7 minutes ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

My sister plays violin, and is not *ahem* currently talented. However, I am not sure if the ear pain would increase proportionately with each unfortunate violin.

And that's why this joke exists:

Q: How do you tune a pair of oboes? A: Shoot one.

2 hours ago, Sunbird said:

Only if you play it well, though. Badly played oboe sounds worse than pretty much any other badly-played instrument. XD

I disagree.  Recorder can be awful.

22 minutes ago, Hemalurgic_Headshot said:

This is true.  Few orchestras are enough to contain the awesomeness of multiple oboes.  Though you can crack 'em open a little further if you slip in an English horn.

2 hours ago, dead-moth said:

I am actually really loving that idea. 

Anyone game? 

Hmm.  I'm tempted, but I don't know if you've combed through all of the thread.  There are already pictures of me snuck in throughout the site.

7 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

Hmm.  I'm tempted, but I don't know if you've combed through all of the thread.  There are already pictures of me snuck in throughout the site.

I've got some too, but they're under spoilers so as long as she didn't pay too much attention to whose pic belonged to who we should be good. :P 

Edited by Slowswift

4 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

AUGH MY PRECIOUS EARS

(I can play recorder well.)

Just now, bleeder said:

So can I... when I want to. :ph34r:

Ditto.

This one's mostly just funny because of its awfulness--not actually painful.

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Sunbird said:

Listen to a room full of new violinists. Trying to tune their E string. It's like a knife being forced through your ear. No, make that a semi truck. With zombie spikes at the front. And filled with nitroglycerin. 

5 minutes ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Listen to a room full of new violinists. Trying to tune their E string. It's like a knife being forced through your ear. No, make that a semi truck. With zombie spikes at the front. And filled with nitroglycerin. 

A band with a bassist that doesn't know what they're doing is worse.

2 hours ago, dead-moth said:

I am actually really loving that idea. 

Anyone game? 

Sure!

I'm a 6'0" (~180cm), 16-year-old male. Because of length, I'll leave detailed descriptions in spoiler tags

Hair

Spoiler

Dark brown, and kinda wavy. Currently it's kinda short. I don't really style it, because I have a several cowlicks. My eyebrows (yes, they're in the description of my hair) are borderline bushy, again a dark brown. I don't have a beard, just some stubble on my chin/jaw cause I haven't shaved in a while

Face

Spoiler

I have a slightly large nose that supports my rectangular glasses. My eyes are a dark brown, and I've been told that my eyelashes are amazing (don't ask)

My cheekbones are on the higher side, and the rest of my face is pretty generic

Also, I'm plagued with acne

Other

Spoiler

I usually wear either a t-shirt or a plaid button down shirt

I only wear jeans

I have long fingers (probably from playing the piano for ~10 years)

I'm pretty skinny ~140 lbs (~63 kilos) 

I'm white. Very white. 

I don't know if this will help, but the countries of my ancestors are in this next spoiler

Spoiler

First off, I'm American. On my dad's side, I have Mexico and Spain and maybe a little of France. On my mom's side, I have British, Dutch, and French

17 minutes ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

As a violinist, I can say that this is an extreme understatement 

58 minutes ago, bleeder said:

A band with a bassist that doesn't know what they're doing is worse.

but... but what about all the jokes about bassists? Like the one where they don't even know what song they're playing? :( My poor jokes!

9 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

but... but what about all the jokes about bassists? Like the one where they don't even know what song they're playing? :( My poor jokes!

What's the difference between a bass and a trampoline? 

Spoiler

You take your shoes off before you jump on the trampoline