What a fancy forum

Glamdring804

As you might know, I come from a different forum, and I have to say, you guys have it really nice here. Don't get me wrong, I love the Infinity Blade forum, but this place is so much more luxurious. The IB forum has a 1000 character limit for signatures, and you can only use preapproved avatars. Also, while in the OB forum, we have an off-topic thread, you guys have a whole off-topic section, where you can digress to your heart's content!

Yep, this place is very nice. I was quite impressed.

I bet the IB forums are better than the Warrior Cats Forums. Dear lord, those are horrid. The mods are awful, and they have the pre-approved icons. Like.. fifty or so of them. And the image rules are.. wow.

I got banned, not kidding, because I posted some of my own artwork and they accused me of stealing it. I brought it up, and they banned me for giving them evidence saying it was mine.

I'm so happy I left that disgusting place.

Edited by LarkoftheRiver

As a reasonably frequent forum-goer, I must agree - it's surprising, in fact, that there's no official signature limit, since signatures tend to get out of hand quite quickly, in my experience.

All the fancy features this forum has also help, of course. The flexible and straightforward post formatting, the little boxes that pop up to let you know about new replies... Also, that MultiQuote button is brilliant.

Yep, this place is very nice. I was quite impressed.

I bet the IB forums are better than the Warrior Cats Forums. Dear lord, those are horrid. The mods are awful, and they have the pre-approved icons. Like.. fifty or so of them. And the image rules are.. wow.

I got banned, not kidding, because I posted some of my own artwork and they accused me of stealing it. I brought it up, and they banned me for giving them evidence saying it was mine.

I'm so happy I left that disgusting place.

Seriously? I wish I could say I didn't believe it, but forums can be pretty nasty places sometimes. Years ago, when I first chose my screen name, I was simply TwiLyght. I was 15, and the Twilight books hadn't been released yet. (Or, if they had, they hadn't yet become the runaway bestsellers they were destined to be, by virtue of their brilliant plots, sharply drawn characters, and ingenious takes on the vampire and werewolf mythos. <_<) I signed up for an anti-fan forum for the Inheritance books, though by that time it had come to include the Twilight saga, under the name TwiLyght. My first thread about fights between fictional characters (your run-of-the-mill "who would win, Darth Vader or Luna Lovegood) was filled with replies prefixed by angry emoticons, and I actually got a PM from one of the mods telling me not to spam the forum. I'd posted one thread by that point, and I hadn't even replied to it myself. So I deleted my account and never returned. My online identity was discarded, and I was reborn as TwiLyghtSansSparkles….which only made things awkward when Twilight Sparkle became a cultural phenomenon and I became a pegasister. 

Needless to say, this forum continues to surprise me with the sheer niceness of its members. Seriously, I don't think I've met anyone who was rude on purpose. (Though I've heard legends….) I don't know what kind of magic Brandon Sanderson uses, but he seems to attract the nicest fans on the internet. 

I am not kidding.

Wow, now that was an advanture. Seriously, some fan forums are just disgusting in general. Heck, some fandoms are disgusting (looking at Superwholock and that side of the brony fandom). Yeah, I would have deleted my account too.

But. Let me tell you about WCF for a moment. The rules are never updated, but the mods keep making rules. These are the stupidest rules I've ever seen, and they keep getting stupider and stupider. You can view the list here

And people can get in trouble/banned for breaking these rules even though they aren't listed as official rules.

I don't know what kind of magic Brandon Sanderson uses, but he seems to attract the nicest fans on the internet. 

At a guess, maybe it's that the worst of the people get firmly warded off by his general philosophy of "literally every single character must have a decent-sized grain of goodness in them". It would run entirely contrary to their commonly-held belief that everyone is fundamentally selfish and/or evil.  :P Try throwing a Sanderson book at one sometime and see if they cancel out in an explosion of light.

At a guess, maybe it's that the worst of the people get firmly warded off by his general philosophy of "literally every single character must have a decent-sized grain of goodness in them". It would run entirely contrary to their commonly-held belief that everyone is fundamentally selfish and/or evil.  :P Try throwing a Sanderson book at one sometime and see if they cancel out in an explosion of light.

And if it does, contact NASA right away. This might be our ticket to interstellar travel. :P

Seriously? I wish I could say I didn't believe it, but forums can be pretty nasty places sometimes. Years ago, when I first chose my screen name, I was simply TwiLyght. I was 15, and the Twilight books hadn't been released yet. (Or, if they had, they hadn't yet become the runaway bestsellers they were destined to be, by virtue of their brilliant plots, sharply drawn characters, and ingenious takes on the vampire and werewolf mythos. <_<) I signed up for an anti-fan forum for the Inheritance books, though by that time it had come to include the Twilight saga, under the name TwiLyght. My first thread about fights between fictional characters (your run-of-the-mill "who would win, Darth Vader or Luna Lovegood) was filled with replies prefixed by angry emoticons, and I actually got a PM from one of the mods telling me not to spam the forum. I'd posted one thread by that point, and I hadn't even replied to it myself. So I deleted my account and never returned. My online identity was discarded, and I was reborn as TwiLyghtSansSparkles….which only made things awkward when Twilight Sparkle became a cultural phenomenon and I became a pegasister. 

Needless to say, this forum continues to surprise me with the sheer niceness of its members. Seriously, I don't think I've met anyone who was rude on purpose. (Though I've heard legends….) I don't know what kind of magic Brandon Sanderson uses, but he seems to attract the nicest fans on the internet.

I'm starting to wonder if the black magic love services are an unintended side effect of this lol. 

I am not kidding.

Wow, now that was an advanture. Seriously, some fan forums are just disgusting in general. Heck, some fandoms are disgusting (looking at Superwholock and that side of the brony fandom). Yeah, I would have deleted my account too.

But. Let me tell you about WCF for a moment. The rules are never updated, but the mods keep making rules. These are the stupidest rules I've ever seen, and they keep getting stupider and stupider. You can view the list here

And people can get in trouble/banned for breaking these rules even though they aren't listed as official rules.

...uh. Question. I get what Wholock is. What's the Super- part from?

...uh. Question. I get what Wholock is. What's the Super- part from?

Supernatural, another remarkably popular TV show. Involves a variety of mythologies and a main cast named after the four archangels. At least one of them wears a trench coat and fangirls scream about him regularly?

The spam bots could be the unkind people who read Sanderson, but couldn't survive through it, but still try to come and join in the fun and plague the forum.

The super part is Supernatural.

Honestly, I have no problem with any of the shows, the fandom is a nightmare. Like.. I've seen some very passionate Superwholocks give death threats to people who don't like the shows.

I might to a little experiment on this. Give it four hours. I'm gonna post something like "Superwholock is dumb" on my blog. I'll count the number of death threats I get and report back.

Ah. Okay thanks!- I've heard good things about the first five seasons of Supernatural, but never actually watched any of it.

The only alternative I could think of was 'Superman'and honestly, I'd love to see a story where the Doctor lands somewhere and goes on an adventure with a famous historical figure...in this case that being 'Clark Kent'.

I am not kidding.

I actually left Tumblr because a bunch of Moffatt haters ganged up on me for tagging a "guys, why not give Moffatt the benefit of the doubt" post with "Moffatt hate." 

As for the Ghost Rules….

-"Necroposting" (posting on old threads) is not allowed.

Well, there goes the "Pets" thread. <_< 

-Only English is allowed on the Forums.

The only reason I actually like this is because it could potentially get rid of our Vashikarian spambots. :ph34r: 

-Any discussions about harm to a person or themself is against the rules and considered an adult topic.

NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO HAVE ANY SERIOUS PROBLEMS EVER KTHNKSBYE

-Discussion about a mod-related action is not allowed.

lwj55.jpg

-You can't discuss Hetalia on the forums. 

Basically the whole thing is stereotypes, so it's banned.

If Hetalia is anything like Scandinavia and the World, then I think we can file this one under "Completely Missing the Point." 

-Any RPs based on R-rated material are not allowed on the Forums, even if they are completely appropriate.

YES WE KNOW WARRIOR CATS HAS VIOLENT AND DARK MATERIAL IN IT BUT SHUT UP NOW OK

-Talking about a Zombie Apocalypse is against the rules.

lwj9y.jpg

-Joke Clans are not allowed.

They're just jealous that I came up with TheGhostRulesSuckAndSoDoTheMods Clan first. B)

-You may not discuss Skype or similar things.

What-Minion.gif

The mods' response to questions about trigger warnings is basically that if it requires a warning, we probably shouldn't talk about it here.  Due to the sheer number of things that can be triggering to different people, this isn't always necessarily true, since it can be difficult to know sometimes if something you're posting that seems harmless actually needs a warning.

Uhhh….

I'm more or less laughing about the "no character death" one in the disbuted rules.

Its like the mods haven't READ warriors.

Some of them make some sense, but most. I'm like. Okay wow.

I'm more or less laughing about the "no character death" one in the disbuted rules.

Its like the mods haven't READ warriors.

Some of them make some sense, but most. I'm like. Okay wow.

I'm trying to imagine that rule applied here... but I stop when I imagine a rules-mandated immortal Nighthound. :wacko:

Oh and Voidgaze is the nasty one huh? Why just because she succesfully got shipped?... yeah that's probably it. :unsure:

I think it's less because she got shipped and more because of who she got shipped with. I mean, c'mon. He pulls McMuffins out of his pocket? He's obviously out to poison our children with trans fats and promote an unhealthy, inactive lifestyle! :angry:

I think it's less because she got shipped and more because of who she got shipped with. I mean, c'mon. He pulls McMuffins out of his pocket? He's obviously out to poison our children with trans fats and promote an unhealthy, inactive lifestyle! :angry:

Next you tell me they champion Nighthound for portraying a mindset on proper domestic roles.