NOTHING

BOW TO THE KITTENS

BOW TO THEM 

Whatever floats your boat. :P I'd be the last person to say discovery writing is the only way to do it. Partly because I know how it feels to be told your method is WROOOOONNNNNNNG! <_< (In school, I had a few teachers who were convinced you couldn't write a proper paper without an outline and extensive pre-writing. When they wanted the outline and pre-writing handed in with the paper, I'd just write the paper, then make an outline based on that, and scribble some notes based on what I'd already written. When they wanted the outline handed in before the paper, I'd call them names under my breath. :P

Cats are the true master race! :P

Funnily enough I don't outline papers myself, either.

Nothing particular, since she can change it at will.  I could find a picture if you want, but I'm good with what ever.

I also always write papers as I go.  Sometimes I'll do a short outline, basically just saying what I what to talk about in a paper, but then I usually end up throwing out the last half.

Realizing I was a discovery writer really revolutionized how I write.  The last time I tried writing a novel, I got pretty far, but wrote myself into a hole I couldn't get out of.  I had a situation where I needed a confrontation/battle to happen, but for all characters to escape so they could meet up later on.  But when I wrote through the fight, the one side (which belonged to the Antagonist) had the other side way outmatched, and I couldn't find a way for any of my characters to escape him, and he was not letting them go.  

It's the one that puts a 15- or 20-second (not sure exactly how long) time limit on how long you can go between posts. It helps keep accidental double posting down.

Wasnt that there before? I've gotten the message on occasion when c/ping a post from my text editor here that I couldn't post the reply because it had been posted too quickly.

NOTHING

BOW TO THE KITTENS

BOW TO THEM 

Whatever floats your boat. :P I'd be the last person to say discovery writing is the only way to do it. Partly because I know how it feels to be told your method is WROOOOONNNNNNNG! <_< (In school, I had a few teachers who were convinced you couldn't write a proper paper without an outline and extensive pre-writing. When they wanted the outline and pre-writing handed in with the paper, I'd just write the paper, then make an outline based on that, and scribble some notes based on what I'd already written. When they wanted the outline handed in before the paper, I'd call them names under my breath. :P)

I'm the same way. At least with papers. I currently have a teacher, who is very good, but she always requires an outline, which I hate. I already know the general direction I want to go, so I don't use an outline. If I ever write a novel though, I think I will have some vague outline of big events that need to happen. But nothing like Brandon.

Nothing particular, since she can change it at will.  I could find a picture if you want, but I'm good with what ever.

Nah, I was just wondering if she had a flamboyant cape or something else that I should bring up in my post. :P

In other news, today I learned that Neil Patrick Harris guest-starred in a Batman cartoon... and now I have an idea for an Epic. :mellow:

He even has a built-in backstory, Rending included. :mellow:

That's what I thought! He could be a musically-oriented friend of Altermind's. :mellow:

It's too easy to imagine him rolling into The Dalles and taking over the Guard with the power of song.

Bow your heads, you silly feds,

You can't resist my trance

This town's so fine and now it's mine

I'll take it with a dance...

Yeah. Waaaay too easy, given the insanity that's already gone on. :P

That's what I thought! He could be a musically-oriented friend of Altermind's. :mellow:

It's too easy to imagine him rolling into The Dalles and taking over the Guard with the power of song.

Bow your heads, you silly feds,

You can't resist my trance

This town's so fine and now it's mine

I'll take it with a dance...

Yeah. Waaaay too easy, given the insanity that's already gone on. :P

The Dalles? I was thinking Portland. 

MUSIC MEISTER

Hello there, my Doctor dear

Why won't you sing a verse? 

DOCTOR FUNTIMES

Just one? Mister Meister Sir

I wouldn't be so terse 

LIGHTWARDS

Honestly, Funtimes Miss

I didn't know you knew that word

M.M.

Does he always insult you so? 

FUNTIMES

​Yes, he's quite the turd….

My headcanon: He won't go to either of those cities because it's just too easy. :P 

Nah, I was just wondering if she had a flamboyant cape or something else that I should bring up in my post. :P

In other news, today I learned that Neil Patrick Harris guest-starred in a Batman cartoon... and now I have an idea for an Epic. :mellow:

In one of the later seasons of Buffy, one of the characters accidentally summons a demon who forces the whole town to sing about their feelings, giving birth to one of the greatest musical episodes ever.  It also includes a woman singing about her parking ticket :)

EDIT:  Also, thinking about my old writing forced me to look up and start reading my old novel.  I still love the characters and mythology, but the plotting is incredibly busy, with too much happening at once, and forced in places.  It was 196 pages though, which is probably the longest thing I've ever written, unless you count all of my MBI posts combined.  

The Dalles? I was thinking Portland. 

MUSIC MEISTER

Hello there, my Doctor dear

Why won't you sing a verse? 

DOCTOR FUNTIMES

Just one? Mister Meister Sir

I wouldn't be so terse 

LIGHTWARDS

Honestly, Funtimes Miss

I didn't know you knew that word

M.M.

Does he always insult you so? 

FUNTIMES

​Yes, he's quite the turd….

My headcanon: He won't go to either of those cities because it's just too easy. :P

Sometimes I think I go too far in the name of ponification. :mellow::P

In one of the later seasons of Buffy, one of the characters accidentally summons a demon who forces the whole town to sing about their feelings, giving birth to one of the greatest musical episodes ever.  It also includes a woman singing about her parking ticket  :)

I saw that episode! It's awesome. :D

In one of the later seasons of Buffy, one of the characters accidentally summons a demon who forces the whole town to sing about their feelings, giving birth to one of the greatest musical episodes ever.  It also includes a woman singing about her parking ticket :)

Characters singing about their feelings. When we get to Nighthound, can we get some other Epic to mute him? :mellow: 

No. You didn't go to far. It's perfect. :D

Characters singing about their feelings. When we get to Nighthound, can we get some other Epic to mute him? :mellow:

No. You didn't go to far. It's perfect. :D

Not to mention Lucentia. I don't know if I could bear a forty-page tragic dirge about the time she ordered a cheeseburger and the frycook forgot the cheese. <_<:P

It's not my finest work, but I'm glad you liked it. :D

Not to mention Lucentia. I don't know if I could bear a forty-page tragic dirge about the time she ordered a cheeseburger and the frycook forgot the cheese. <_<:P

It's not my finest work, but I'm glad you liked it. :D

AND TIMEPORT. We have to mute Timeport. And Electro. And Quota. Neverthere might be funny in a horrific sort of a way, same with Lightwards, and I wouldn't miss Purple Phoenix et. al's solo (duet? quartet?) for the world. :D 

AND TIMEPORT. We have to mute Timeport. And Electro. And Quota. Neverthere might be funny in a horrific sort of a way, same with Lightwards, and I wouldn't miss Purple Phoenix et. al's solo (duet? quartet?) for the world. :D

Remember the Lightwards version of the Oogie-Boogie Song? It'd be that, on a continuous loop, all the time. Except for occasional breaks to sing "Be Prepared" when the mood takes him. :mellow::P

I think the character I most want to hear sing is the Financier, actually. :D

Remember the Lightwards version of the Oogie-Boogie Song? It'd be that, on a continuous loop, all the time. Except for occasional breaks to sing "Be Prepared" when the mood takes him. :mellow::P

I think the character I most want to hear sing is the Financier, actually. :D

The only snarl in that plan is that I'd have a hard time fitting the words "zucchini" and "watermelon" into any song. :mellow: 

Given my thousand page essay on various Epic ideas, my massive folder of backstory and pages and pages of power analysis I'm sure it will surprise absolutely no one to learn that I'm usually a worldbuilder more than a discovery writer, although for the actual character arcs I don't do that much outlining, just a general guide that my characters usually ignore anyway.  <_<

Given my thousand page essay on various Epic ideas, my massive folder of backstory and pages and pages of power analysis I'm sure it will surprise absolutely no one to learn that I'm usually a worldbuilder more than a discovery writer, although for the actual character arcs I don't do that much outlining, just a general guide that my characters usually ignore anyway.  <_<

I'm more of a worldbuilder as well, mainly with planets and alien races as opposed to characters or magic. I have plans for a lot of RP characters, but those plans are fluid and open to change.

Also, I found the world's best Taylor Swift gif:

rLIi2GI.gif

Well, duh. Why would Taylor Swift be scowling at an ordinary cat? :P

Ah yes. Of course. :P

So what else needs to happen before Portland skips to tomorrow? I need to get through the Dominion/MEE fight and start the MoNA attack. Is that pretty much it?

Ah yes. Of course. :P

So what else needs to happen before Portland skips to tomorrow? I need to get through the Dominion/MEE fight and start the MoNA attack. Is that pretty much it?

Pretty much, but I need to post for Lightwards so Edgedancer can get LW and Lucentia to the MoNA, so the MEE can launch their attack.

In other words, I'm holding things up again. -_-