Pewter Weightlifting

Mailliw73

IIRC, Pewter is multiplier, so if you were able to lift 100kg you might be able to lift 150kg with pewter, maybe 200 for savant. Not sure about exact numbers. It does depend on your natural ability (muscles), pewter ability and flare level, but does not depend on the amount you have ingested (You cannot flare a lot of pewter, you can flare it or not, with very small gradation)

I agree. I'll look up the exact quote, but I believe it's after their spar at the start of WoA.

It's actually just Ham musing aloud to Elend about how most thugs think pewter adds on, and yet somehow Vin can still kick his trash with her tiny build.

It might still be a multiplier if Vin's a better or more natural user of pewter than Ham is. If Vin burns more effectively than Ham at a 2:1, then the fact that she's naturally less powerful than him is negated quickly by her ability to burn stronger. Then even if "more burning" is a multiplying scale, he'll never catch her because he's always burning less effectivey.

Heck, I'm not a math whiz, but if it's a percentage multiplier then she not only beats him on the burn, she gains exponential ground the more they burn . If that's the case, her efficiency ratio doesn't even need to be as extreme as 2:1, and at smaller charges she isn't stronger than him. But as they burn more, she effectively matches and then passes him.

Yeah, thats what I assumed, except if the extra energy comes from the metal as it does in all of Allomancy multiplicative doesn't make sense, the power of the pewter would be finite, getting more power out by burning better makes sense, but multiplying would eventually run out of extra power to give.

Possible counterpoint, it potentially takes a linear amount of power to just temporarily rewrite their spiritual identity to super powerful in a multiplicative fashion...

• Chaos locked this topic