How Often Do You Accidentally Swear Like An Alethi?

natc

If you don't say it out loud, you might never know if that pretty lady is a fellow Sanderfan.

This is true because if someone used a Cosmere or Reckoners curse to complement me I would immediately consider going out with them (if they are my age range) because I already that one of my favorite things is something we have in common

For me, it changes with whatever series I'm reading at the time. If it's SA, I find myself saying "storms/storming" a lot and calling people "cremling." If I'm reading Brett's demon cycle, I'll catch myself thinking "to the core with that." McClellan's powdermage books have me saying "pit, no" or some such. Funny, but I don't remember tLotR affecting my vocabulary like this... ;-)

Never use Rosharian curses, but for some time I would drop the WoT "Blood and bloody ashes."  less so now, though i still do occasionally use "bloody" as an amplifier.  These days when I want to swear, i mostly string together 3 or 4 english swear words into whatever combination comes to mind

• Chaos locked this topic