This is how I feel today:

66414243087c8159b78336bceafd2a46.png

Meh.

(In seriousness though, I'll try to do SOMETHING productive by the day's end. It's... been kind of a rough day for me, but hopefully I can put it behind me long enough to at least post about Backtrack being sad.)

I've gotten super caught up in this new Sanderson Elimination game and my PMs are crazy, plus I have a paper due soon, so I probably won't be posting any RP for a little bit until it calms down. Sorry. I may get the odd post in here or there though.

Just to check, the posts I need are:
Edgerunner

Flashpoint

Destructors

Any others?

Edited by Mailliw73

This actually makes me wonder if there is a High Epic somewhere whose worst fear is boredom.

Obviously, their name would be Gilgamesh. :P And they would eventually overcome their weakness by, after losing their best friend, and having their only chance at gaining a PI stolen with Regalia's death, finally accepting their own mortality and the fact that sometimes, seeking adventure for adventure's sake isn't the best course.

(Sorry. :P I've been doing classical epics and heroes in English, and the comparison was too good to pass up.)

Edited by Aonar Faileas

This is how I feel today:

66414243087c8159b78336bceafd2a46.png

Meh.

(In seriousness though, I'll try to do SOMETHING productive by the day's end. It's... been kind of a rough day for me, but hopefully I can put it behind me long enough to at least post about Backtrack being sad.)

Oh no.

My headcanon has it that this is how Mister Meh felt RIGHT BEFORE HIS RENDING! :o

Oh no.

My headcanon has it that this is how Mister Meh felt RIGHT BEFORE HIS RENDING! :o

Don't worry. I'm not feeling murderous.

Although that mysterious star that keeps talking in my head is being pretty pushy. He's telling me to SEIZE HIS TAINTED POWER AND BECOME A GOD or something.

Meh. Whatever.

Blake is easier to say, is it? 

Meh. I guess so.

This awesome guy here put together a general ratio of vanillas to Epics in the general population of the FSA: 866 to 1. He estimates  around 346,000 Epics in the nation total, with as few as 300 of those actually possessing prime invincibilities.

Just wondering, if his assessment is accurate, would that mean anything of note for the RP? Is it possible we have a balance of vanillas-Epics-High Epics that's not quite in keeping with canon?

This awesome guy here put together a general ratio of vanillas to Epics in the general population of the FSA: 866 to 1. He estimates around 346,000 Epics in the nation total, with as few as 300 of those actually possessing prime invincibilities.

Just wondering, if his assessment is accurate, would that mean anything of note for the RP? Is it possible we have a balance of vanillas-Epics-High Epics that's not quite in keeping with canon?

I don't think so. We know that Oregon was a huge war zone that attracted a lot of poweful Epics. All of the Prime Invincibilities is a little much though. I don't think we need to worry too much. So long as powerful minions don't all have Prime Invincibilities, just having main characters with them will probably be fine.

EDIT: We are also in a state that holds Epics like Nighthound, Timeport, Lucentia, Blackwater, and a whole slew of other Epics who kill a ton. The Epic to vanilla ratio isn't too bad seeing that.

Edited by Sirce Luckwielder

Meh. I guess so.

This awesome guy here put together a general ratio of vanillas to Epics in the general population of the FSA: 866 to 1. He estimates  around 346,000 Epics in the nation total, with as few as 300 of those actually possessing prime invincibilities.

I don't think so. We know that Oregon was a huge war zone that attracted a lot of poweful Epics. All of the Prime Invincibilities is a little much though. I don't think we need to worry too much. So long as powerful minions don't all have Prime Invincibilities, just having main characters with them will probably be fine.

EDIT: We are also in a state that holds Epics like Nighthound, Timeport, Lucentia, Blackwater, and a whole slew of other Epics who kill a ton. The Epic to vanilla ratio isn't too bad seeing that.

Another thing to keep in mind is that there are fewer than ten vanilla player characters, with every other player character being an Epic of some sort. Just as making almost every canon character a vanilla made vanillas seem more common in Steelheart and Firefight, making almost every player character an Epic in our fanon makes Epics seem more common here. Taking a step back from the game itself, it seems that vanillas are indeed more common than Epics. 

As for the prime invincibilities thing….that could be a concern. We do have quite a few indestructible Epics. However, in many cases, their own authors despise them, making their chances of surviving the RP slim to none. While I don't know if the guy who made the estimates (which are fantastic, by the way) took the destruction of Oregon into account (though I don't know how he could, seeing as we don't have any figures on how many evacuated before its total destruction or how many lived there beforehand) but I'm sure that by the time this RP concludes, the vanilla-Epic-High Epic ratio hinted at in canon will be preserved. 

I pointed this out in the thread mentioned but there was an error in his calculation of Epics with a PI, it would be more like 3000 than 300 in the country so I think we're doing pretty well with keeping up the ratios thanks to a certain someone providing dozens of canon fodder Epics without PIs :P

Edited by Voidus

This actually makes me wonder if there is a High Epic somewhere whose worst fear is boredom.

There used to be one, then I changed the Metal's weakness into something that worked better mechanically. :ph34r:

I pointed this out in the thread mentioned but there was an error in his calculation of Epics with a PI, it would be more like 3000 than 300 in the country so I think we're doing pretty well with keeping up the ratios thanks to a certain someone providing dozens of canon fodder Epics without PIs :P

Yeah, if anything this brings us back to the Dalles having way to few Epics in town.

Did you hear that, Voidus? I think that was destiny calling. :ph34r:

Really? I thought it was established Dalles canon screaming as it was annihilated. Could just be me, though. :P

We've been operating under the assumption that all the Epics in The Dalles work for the City Guard, but should we adapt the setting so that unaligned Epics are permitted to live in the city provided they follow its laws?

Really? I thought it was established Dalles canon screaming as it was annihilated. Could just be me, though. :P

We've been operating under the assumption that all the Epics in The Dalles work for the City Guard, but should we adapt the setting so that unaligned Epics are permitted to live in the city provided they follow its laws?

You remember the discussion about where all the Epics went? Let's just say that even with its city guard they don't quite reach Enforcement levels.