Beowulf Boast: Game

No to both.

Colours, welcome to the game. You'll probably have to look through your book or the Coppermind for names again if you figure it out. Honestly, I was expecting people to forget the name and answer with a character description like if you had said "the servant who got his hand drained of color when he tried to use Nightblood" instead of Lolan.

Misel, Nanrovah's daughter?

Sooner or later we will exhaust the characters.

Yes.

Possessing neither strength nor guile

I am sought to bludgeon obedience from men

And to persuade the minds of gods.

She's a little kid, so she isn't strong or smart enough to make anyone do anything yet. She was kidnapped so Denth could force her father to change his position in the court debates and convince the gods to declare war on Idris.

Born of plenty that refuses gain,

Her father inherited a fortune, but won't accept any payment for his own work.

I raised wrath in the greatest god

When Vasher (who's also Peacegiver, the most important god in the Hallandren religion) saw her in the cage he went into a rage and killed everyone in sight, and I don't think Nightblood was responsible for much of it.

And the pity in the eldest god's child.

This one's about Vivenna's reaction to seeing her in the cage As an Idrian royal, Vivenna is directly descended from the First Returned--the original god of the Iridescent Tones, even if the religion wasn't founded for years after his death.

Gone with a fountain spray of gold,

When Misel was taken, the thieves tipped over a carriage full of valuables, and gold went flying everywhere.

Returned with shadows and howling beasts,

Vasher brought her back in the middle of the night while her family's watchdogs kicked up a fuss.

Between the two I note nothing worthy of thought.

Vasher wiped her memory so she doesn't remember anything about her captivity.

This took a lot longer than i thought it would. As I said already, Misel kind of stuck in my mind--I kinda shared Vasher's berserker rage after reading "Inside the cage was a child [...] sniffling quietly and quivering. The cage stank of human waste, and the child was covered in grime—all except for lines on her cheeks, which had been streaked clean by tears." I figured she would stick in other people's heads too and be easier to guess than she really was.

Edited by Dankworth

Yes.

Possessing neither strength nor guile

I am sought to bludgeon obedience from men

And to persuade the minds of gods.

She's a little kid, so she isn't strong or smart enough to make anyone do anything yet. She was kidnapped so Denth could force her father to change his position in the court debates and convince the gods to declare war on Idris.

Born of plenty that refuses gain,

Her father inherited a fortune, but won't accept any payment for his own work.

I raised wrath in the greatest god

When Vasher (who's also Peacegiver, the most important god in the Hallandren religion) saw her in the cage he went into a rage and killed everyone in sight, and I don't think Nightblood was responsible for much of it.

And the pity in the eldest god's child.

This one's about Vivenna's reaction to seeing her in the cage As an Idrian royal, Vivenna is directly descended from the First Returned--the original god of the Iridescent Tones, even if the religion wasn't founded for years after his death.

Gone with a fountain spray of gold,

When Misel was taken, the thieves tipped over a carriage full of valuables, and gold went flying everywhere.

Returned with shadows and howling beasts,

Vasher brought her back in the middle of the night while her family's watchdogs kicked up a fuss.

Between the two I note nothing worthy of thought.

Vasher wiped her memory so she doesn't remember anything about her captivity.

This took a lot longer than i thought it would. As I said already, Misel kind of stuck in my mind--I kinda shared Vasher's berserker rage after reading "Inside the cage was a child [...] sniffling quietly and quivering. The cage stank of human waste, and the child was covered in grime—all except for lines on her cheeks, which had been streaked clean by tears." I figured she would stick in other people's heads too and be easier to guess than she really was.

I don't recall ANY of this. At all. And I've read Warbreaker several times. Looks like I need to pay more attention  :unsure:  :ph34r:

Thanks for the welcome.  :lol: I'd been thinking of jumping in for a while, but I hadn't read enough of the books yet.

I almost forgot about that particular subplot, too.  -_- In fact, I only remembered Lolan was a thing because Nightblood can drain parts of people seemed like an important thing to know.  :lol: I shall join Sarcasm in paying more attention!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic