Bort, I'm sorry my actions last cycle lead to you being lynched instead of Jain. My only intention was to bring information to the table that no one else seemed to be considering so we could find Odium faster. I didn't mean to deflect suspicion from Odium. I honestly thought Splinter would have told someone if he learned someone couldn't receive investiture.

At least now we've found Odium. Jain. I hope this lynch ends the game.

Cognition dropped his facade. Pretending to just be a Logicspren was exhausting anyways. Besides, he had an innumerable number of masks that he could wear in the future. He would vote and then disappear into the Cosmere; to hide again. 

He appeared as a quick, little, storm cloud; barely a blink of lightning within it before popping out of existence and running as far away as he could. But during the time he was physical, he spoke only one word: "Jain." 

Whether this was the end, he didn't know, but he hid anyways. Not only out of fear (that was long past him), but out of long years spent understanding the nuances of what it actually took to survive. No matter the climate, no matter the situation, he would survive. 

And so he ran this time, knowing that the Worldhoppers would call for blood. He just hoped that their bloodlust was at an end! 

"I must say, Lord Hobbes, that I approve of the method of execution you used for me," Bortin commented, looking at the other Worldhopper over his glass of wine. "Beheading, stabbing, poison, all would cast a pall over my final day. But not hanging. Of course, I do have a slightly sore throat, but that is nothing a good vintage can't ease." He matched his words by taking a final sip from his glass, swallowing with some small difficulty.

Bortin placed the glass on a table and stood. "Thank you for your hospitality," he said to Hoid. "My vote today is for Jain. I just hope I last long enough to see him hang." With that, the Terrisman Voidbringer left Hoid to his business and returned to his room to prepare himself for the journey back to the Void.

Kae and Cleo stood on the edge of a cliff, watching the series of events.

"You sure?" Kae asked.

"No, I'm not." Cleo replied. Devoted to Hate "We have to."

"Good."

"Jain." Cleo whispered, the wind carrying their vote away. "Where will we go next, if he is? Us as liars."

"Traitors." Kae agreed. "I don't know, Cleo. Just travel on the winds of the Cosmere."

I can't believe everybody is doing this to Team Odium.  We're so misunderstood.  All we wanted to do was kill all life in the Cosmere.  Is that too much to ask??

EDIT: This post was approved by Joe, honorary member of Team Odium

Edited by vineyarddawg

Had post, but tablet misbehaving

Tl;Dr: Jain has given me ultimate power! Muahahahahaha

Switched targets. Sorry, it ain't you no more.

Bort, I'm sorry my actions last cycle lead to you being lynched instead of Jain. My only intention was to bring information to the table that no one else seemed to be considering so we could find Odium faster. I didn't mean to deflect suspicion from Odium. I honestly thought Splinter would have told someone if he learned someone couldn't receive investiture.

At least now we've found Odium. Jain. I hope this lynch ends the game.

You are a scary, scary player. We should've killed you earlier.

Aftermath

“Don’t you see what you’ve done? They think it’s me now!” Jain paced back and forth, running his hands over his head, trying to find a way out of this mess. His Panda sat on the shelf, looking down on him.

I KNOW WHAT I AM DOING JAIN. YOU DO NOT NEED TO WORRY ABOUT THE SHARDS.

“But Pandy, they-”

DO NOT CALL ME THAT! I AM ODIUM!

Jain fell to his knees before his toy, the Toy that had been his master for years, ever since Maw had found it, and awakened it to hate. Why had Maw seen fit to pass his shard on to it?

“But, what do we do then? They’re coming for us! They’ll destroy us both!”

NO JAIN. WHY WOULD THEY DESTROY A SIMPLE TOY? THEY'LL DEFINITELY KILL YOU, BUT I WILL SURVIVE, AS I ALWAYS HAVE.

Why him? Why had Maw decided to torture him? Jain had always been content to live as a normal man, he’d never sought after power! He had to escape somehow, from both Odium and the other Shards. But how? They knew about him. They knew who he was.

There was a pounding and the door, and the Window outside was Cloudy. They were here!

OPEN THE DOOR JAIN. OUR ALLY HAS ARRIVED.

Jain tentatively plodded to the door, then slowly opened it, resigned to his Fate. But instead of Hoid or the Shards, the Logicspren Cognition stood without. Why had Survival come alone? Before he could ask his question, the Sprenshard breezed past him, entering the House.

“Odium. I can delay the shards no longer, They are coming for you.” The Logicspren spoke without emotion, simply stating facts. “You know you cannot survive. Have you chosen your heir?”

I HAVE. IF THEY DO NOT SHATTER ME, THEN I WILL BE GIVEN TO ANOTHER. HE IS WILLING.

“Good, I have made arrangements for you to be saved from shattering, I must leave now to prevent the shards from discovering my Betrayal. Good Luck.” Ignoring Jain again, the Shard swept from the room.

Jain stood next to the door, rather confused. “When did, no, Why did Survival Ally with you?”

SURVIVAL KNEW THAT I HAD NO REASON TO SHATTER HIM. HIS INTENT DOESN’T INTERFERE WITH MINE, UNLIKE THE OTHERS. AS FOR WHEN, I DO NOT KNOW. HE STRUCK A DEAL WITH MY PREDECESSOR.

There was a flash through the window, and Jain turned to see the Door caving in, as Gerald Hobbes threw Bort’s corpse through it. “I don’t see why the other shards objected to me using Bort’s head as a battering ram for this door,” Hoid said.  “He was mostly dead anyway.  Storming voidbringers.  And now, dear Odium… I’m afraid your time has run out.” Hobbes, or Hoid, whatever his name truly was, grinned at Snoopy. “So any Last words?”

Jain backed away, raising his arms defensively. “I’m just a Puppet! I was never Odium! It was all him!” He pointed one hand at the innocent looking toy Panda on the shelf. Hoid stared at him, then looked at the Panda, then back to him.

“What? Do you really think I’m stupid Jain? Why would-” The bolt of Red smoke hit him in the chest, knocking him backward through the wall, as the Panda’s eyes started to glow. It rose, floating off the shelf and out the door.

MIDUS, DID YOU REALLY EXPECT TO FIND ME WHERE I WOULD BE EXPECTED? I KNOW HOW YOU THINK, AND I KNOW HOW YOU’LL REACT.

Jain watched as Pandy, no, Odium, threw another bolt of Red smoke, this time, Hoid dodged out of the way, and threw a Bolt of Golden Energy upward.

More flashes. Behind Hoid stood 5 Figures.The Marquis, glowing Green with the Power of Cultivation, Cleo, radiating the purple of Devotion, Leif, radiating the Golden of Endowment, And Cognition, still in the form of a Logicspren. The Inquisitor Kae was there as well, standing with Cleo.

Hoid rose to one knee, and spat blood in the direction of the Panda. “So Jain was the puppet. Well Odium, did you expect this?” He rose, wiping his mouth on the back of his hand.

YOU WORKING WITH THE SHARDS? NOT AS SUCH NO. 6 WARRIORS STAND BEFORE ME, BUT HOW MANY STAND AGAINST ME? AND WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO NOW?

“This.” Hoid brought his arms up and cast out a beam of Pure Investiture. It flew directly towards Odium, but was blocked by a Shield of Red Smoke. The Red smoke mixed with the Rainbow mixture of Hoid’s Power.Then a Lance of Grey Investiture joined the Rainbow, followed by Purple, Golden and Green. The Sphere of Red Smoke shrunk under the combined onslaught of 4 Shards and the Wit.

The Shinovar dirt beneath them began to blacken and burn from the sheer power. Jain had to scramble away as he felt the heat from the rays of Power. When he was comfortable again, he turned back to watch. Odium’s shield was still holding, though the ground around it wasn’t. Long  rifts were spreading from the shield, breaking apart the ground as Odium expended his powers. Then, there was a pulse, as if everything shifted focus, and the shield fell away, before bursting back, smaller than before. Hoid took a slow step forward, straining against the force of Odium’s Hatred and, now, Fear.

Another Pulse, the Shield collapsed, and Odium spun away, throwing its tiny paw towards the Horizon. The beams of Power hit the toy panda, burning through it as it screamed.

THIS WILL NOT BE!!! I AM ODIUM!!! THIS IS NOT HOW I DIE!!!

The Panda flew forward towards Hoid, In a desperate charge,Jain could see that it was rapidly disintegrating from the power being cast at it. The remnants of the body exploded right before reaching Hoid, scattering him with ash. The cloud of Red Smoke billowed up, and then began to Solidify, into a Shard. God’s own Divine Hatred.

The stillness following the struggle almost rung in his ears, as the shards stared at their fallen foe. Finally, Hoid took a step forward towards the Shard. “Well then, we’ve finally won. Help me shatter this.” He raised his hand, obviously intending to cast more power at it, but was stopped by Cleo.

“Hoid, we have won. We do not need to do this anymore. Without a mind, Odium will be harmless for centuries. We have until then to decide what to do with it.”

Jain stared at Devotion flabbergasted. Devotion was showing Mercy on even Odium? Hoid looked even more astounded, and enraged. “Cleo, I will destroy this shard. The only way we could keep it safe is if someone took it up and became a new Odium.”

Kae stepped forward. “Not if Devotion guards it with her power. We can give it to someone loyal, someone like Lord Cett. He’s proven his worth, and slew the Last Holder of Odium.”

Before Hoid could retort, Survival stepped forward, “Their Request is logical. Contain the power, in case we ever need it again.” Hoid tried again to object, but Cognition forestalled him. “Why don’t you go tell the others that Odium is defeated. Tell them that we’re in a new Epoch, one without hatred’s Influence.”

He brightened considerably at this. “All right then, I’ll make sure everyone knows, but be careful with that shard, it can corrupt much quicker than you believe. However, I am taking the Shin.” He gestured to where Jain was mournfully gathering the ashes of his companion. “I still have unanswered questions.”  He grabbed Jain by the back of the neck, and vanished before he could react. Endowment and Cultivation, sharing a glance, vanished as well. Survival simply faded away, leaving Cleo and Kae to send Odium to Ash Cett.

Ash stood atop the mountain, watching as the Shards left. He could feel Odium’s power flowing into him, constantly strengthening him. He was now one of the Shardholders. One of only 13 such beings. Amazing how one’s fortunes could change so suddenly.

With his newfound power and awareness, he could feel a shard forming behind him. That would be Survival. The traitor in the midsts of the shards. He turned to face him. “You’ve come with a deal I assume? Like our previous arrangement?” They’re previous arrangement had netted Cett a shard. Hopefully he could use his powers to bring back his daughter, his true daughter.

“Indeed. Once they interrogate Jain, they will learn of my part in the deaths of their Brothers. It’s only logical I join with Odium again to Survive.” Cognition was in his true form, Some sort of electrified pillar of obsidian.

“And how are we two to stand against the shards, when they know us?” Doing such a thing would be hard, to say the least.

“Three of us actually.” Ash turned to see Cleo and Kae walking towards them. “I bear no friendship to the remaining shards. I was a tool in their hands, not an equal. I will swear my Loyalty to Hatred.”

Kae smirked and added, “Odium freed me from Ruin’s control. So I now owe you a debt of service. I too will join you.”

Ash smiled, a much more malevolent Smile then he had ever had before. It appeared that Hatred was not something man could slay. It would always return, eventually. Odium will, and always has, reigned supreme.

Bort was a Voidbringer! Jain was Odium!

Congratulations to The Village for winning!

Congratulations to MetaCognition for Surviving!

I will eventually be rerunning this game, after it’s been heavily modified and revamped to remove all the flaws in balance and OPness. So if you have any suggestions for how this game should have been changed, please say them now.

Special thanks to the vineyarddawg for helping with this final writeup. As an explanation for why Winter cloud is joining Team Odium, see this Conversation. Ash is joining because he was Jain’s last investee, though he tried to invest in Hoid but was killed.

Metacognition is joining because he was always on Odium’s side. He held the secret shard of Survival, a shard that only wanted to survive, by any means necessary. So he went above and beyond his call, passing on vital information to Mailliw and helping Jain hide in return for a guarantee of him not being attacked. I nominate him for Most Valued Player.

Survival:

The only abilities that can affect you are Kills. (Lynch, Ruin, Odium, Odium's Champs.)

Rather than one, you have THREE Lives.

The first time you are killed or lynched, you survive. It appears you survived due to Honour/Being Preservation.

The second time you are attacked, you survive, but reveal that you’re the shard of Survival. You are still immune to Shardic Powers. Odium’s Champions can still kill you, as can the Lynch.

Victory Conditions: Survive, by any means. If you're alive at the end of the game, you win, even if Odium also wins.

Honestly, my clarification should have tipped you off. You asked if Survival was a safe role, and I said that Odium was the only ‘Evil’ Shard. That’s a vague answer right there.

I would also like to Nominate Luckat for the Best Plan. If she hadn’t given her plan to find Odium, Jain would have been hidden for several cycles longer. So congrats to Luckat.

And finally, a quick explanation of the layout of the roles. Namely, why did Team odium have no Lifeless and Awakeners? Because in past games, the village would often wipe out the entirety of a role set, firmly believing that at least one of that role had to be evil.

Spec Doc     Dead Doc     Evil Doc

Thanks everyone for playing! See you in a few months!