I am going to actually vote for clancy. I know there is a good chance I'll take heat for this so let me explain it. Firstly, he defended Reiw, who is the only person we know was spiked. Secondly, riew was a smoker, not a lurcher. When I voted for him, I was suspecting he was a lurcher protecting himself. If a spiked lurcher was protecting him, that means they knew, or at suspected he would be targeted. Hero told Clancy about his target, which puts him in suspicious territory.

There's not a whole lot I can say to this. It's reasonable logic for suspicion. I think I've already said as much as there is of use to say regarding Weiry being lurched *shrug* and I was one of the ones pointing out that one of the more trusted players may well be spiked so I'm not going to argue against that logic, just note that there were others who knew enough. I suppose it is worth noting that the only reason you know that Hero told me is because I told you everything afterwards. I've been pretty open and honest about the whole thing, even knowing how it could would put suspicion on me.

I think I'll vote for Jain for now. Let me explain why:

-I have been a strong proponent of the idea that there is at least 1 experienced player amongst the spiked, Jain fits that

-I have also noted that I think it is likely that at least one of the spiked has been largely inactive (not totally inactive, but not very active either), Jain fits that

-We have pretty good evidence at this point to suggest that the spiked have a rioter.  Jain fits that too

I also second the question. Knowing who manipulates votes might be able to let us point fingers at people, but why is this currently one of the higher priorites?

The vote manipulation seems like some of the best evidence we have at the moment for working out who is spiked, so it seems logical to focus on it a bit. The other part is that as the number of players goes down, vote manipulation roles become more and more powerful and if we can take out the spiked rioter we have a much better chance of preventing the spiked from controlling the lynches.

Can somebody do an analysis of all the Riots and how they've affected the votes? If it seems advantageous to the spiked in anyway, I'll vote Unodus. If not, I'll vote Mckeedee. 

I'm slightly confused as to what you are saying here Piff. Were you saying if the rioting looked like it was helping the spiked you'd vote Unodus? Sorry, it's just a bit unclear.

Guys our one-act play got first at sub-sections and we're going on to sections! Plus, I got outstanding actor in the section! Whoop!

Congrats :)

I'm slightly confused as to what you are saying here Piff. Were you saying if the rioting looked like it was helping the spiked you'd vote Unodus? Sorry, it's just a bit unclear.

It's unclear because tired Pifferdoo is not the type of Pifferdoo that makes sense /:

I'm not sure who to vote for now, because my reasoning before is all whack now. More on this developing story later. Maybe. 

Darn Calculus. Anyone know how to integrate using substitution?

Edited by Lord Pifferdoo

Rent sprung up from his grave. “U substitutions, for integrals, are easy if you try. First, substitute the quantity of your choice with a u.  I usually write what u equals off to the side.  Then, take the derivative of that u.

“For instance, if you were doing the equation (The indefinite integral of) x((x^2)-3)^2 dx, you would substitute (x^2)-3 with u.  du would equal 2x dx, the derivative of u.  In order to substitute this in, however, you must have a du.  In the above example, there is a ‘x dx’ term.  To get it to ‘2x dx,’ which is what du equals, you must multiply what’s inside the integral by 2. Consequently, you must multiply what’s outside the integral by ½ (since ½ times 2 equals 1, the original constant).  In the above equation, you’d end up with ½ (Indef. integral of) 2x ((x^2)-3)^2 dx, which can now be substituted with a u:

“½ (Indef. integral of) u^2 du.

“Now, take the integral of u^2 du, which is (u^3)/3.  Substitute (x^2)-3 back into u, and clean up the equation: (((x^2)-3)^3)/6 + C.  Do not forget that constant of integration, or bad things will happen.”

With that, Rent returned to his grave.

Actually, I do. PM me (outside of the game) and I'll see if I can help you.

In terms of game stuff, I'm not wholly satisfied with Mail's reasoning, but I don't want vote manipulation to come into play this round (or at least, not successfully). I agree with the reasons stated before for suspecting Jain's behavior, so I'm going to put my vote there for this cycle.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Ren! Also, color!

Edited by Seonid

What's with the sudden bandwagon on me?  <_< 

True, I do fit most of the categories. One category I do not fit, however, would be the choice of manipulation. While I have been erratic in my first few games, I've become more conservative and cautious in the recent games. I would never change the votes listed, unless I had sufficient information regarding the matter. I wouldn't be so blatant, either, in my vote changes. As I had said before, I only changed one vote on Cycle 3, just to exercise my power. I have not used my Powers since.

I'm fairly sure I can't pry this bandwagon off my shoulder. I don't have the time or motivation to come up with a detailed counter-post. If I am to be lynched, then so be it. You'll all realize your mistake. Mckeedee and Unodus, I expect you two to be joining me in the grave for your mistakes. He who leads the bandwagon tends to take the brunt of the consequences, after all.

Edit: Colour

Edited by Lightsworn Panda

I'm going to keep my vote on Pifferdoo. He's not AS Suspicious, but I don't believe Jain or Unodus are guilty.

Current Vote Tally:

Unodus(1):  Wyrmhero

Pifferdoo(1): Myself

Mckeedee(1): Jain

Jain(5): Mailliw, Mckeedee, Claincy, Unodus, Seonid

Claincy(1): JasonPeng

Edited by The Only Joe

Night 9: Don’t Panic

Jain decided it was time to leave this crazy town and their even crazier problems. There was no way he was planning to die here, not when there was still plenty of world yet to see! Besides, if the whispers he heard were true, it seemed like the villagers weren’t going to be very friendly to him for much longer anyways, so he was back at the little hovel he had rented and was packing.

As he gathered up his belongings, his stuffed panda sat on a shelf nearby. It almost looked like it was disapproving of Jain’s cowardice in his decision to leave. He turned it so it was facing the wall. It wasn’t cowardice to not die; that was just good survival skills! And Jain had a handy, mental guide when it came to traveling and surviving. His first rule of course was Don’t Panic. You’d be surprised how often people would mess that one up. Not only does it make it more likely that you’re going to wind up in a situation you didn’t want to be in, but panicking made it incredibly difficult to take in the sites!

He finished packing and hefted his belongings onto his back. He was about to grab his panda and leave, when he realized that he had almost forgotten to grab his towel!

A towel, he had found, was one of the most useful items he could have. He could wrap it around himself to keep him warm when hiking through the Terris Mountains; he could lie on it as he lounged on the beaches in the Southern Dominance; he could sleep under it beneath the stars in the forests of the Eastern Dominance or use it to sail a miniraft down the River Channerel. He could wet it for use in hand-to-hand combat, wrap it around his head to avoid a particularly strong ashfall, wave it around in emergencies as a distress signal, and, of course, dry himself off with it if it still seemed to be clean enough.

Indeed, there was no way he was going to be traveling without his towel! He went to retrieve it and when he returned to get his panda, he found it facing him again, which was impossible of course, but didn’t change the fact that it was. Jain had gotten used to its impossibilities though, so he just rolled his eyes, grabbed it, and left.

The rest of the village was somewhere else, likely trying to decide on who amongst them was Spiked. It made Jain’s job of getting out of town that much easier. There was still a few people working on rebuilding the wall, but Jain just waited until around noon, when everyone left off for some lunch and then quickly scrambled up and over the wall. As he set off, he skipped a little bit and whistled a merry tune as he headed west.

He walked up and down the rolling hills for most of the rest of the day without incident. As the sun was just starting to set, he came up over the top of another hill and stopped dead in his tracks. Oops. He’d forgotten which direction the Koloss were coming from.

Below him was the Koloss camp, less than a day’s journey away from Tyrian Falls by now and Jain had been noticed. He stared at the Koloss and they just stared right back. His mind raced, trying to come up with a solution that didn’t end with him being tossed in one of the huge cook pots.

He remembered his first rule and figured that if running and fighting weren’t options, he’d try for confusion. So he just continued walking as if nothing was out of the ordinary, right through the middle of the Koloss camp. He even smiled and nodded to a few of them as he did so. The Koloss continued to just sit there, following him with their bloodshot eyes, but not making any moves to stop him.

Jain’s smile grew a bit wider as he neared the far side of the camp. I’m going to make it! He thought. That’s when a sudden breeze blew his panda off of its perch on his pack. It rolled towards one of the bigger Koloss, who was almost as tall as Jain when it was sitting down.

Jain paused again. He knew he should just leave the panda and keep going, but he just couldn’t. He tried to keep his grin plastered on his face as he tried to  nonchalantly walk over to the behemoth.

“Terribly sorry about that,” he said as calmly as he could. “It’s like the thing has a mind of its own sometimes. I’ll just pick him up and be on my way. Wouldn’t want you fine, upstanding gentlemen to think I was littering in your pristine camp after all.”

He bent down to pick up the panda, which meant he had to break eye contact with the Koloss and thus he never saw the colossal club that crushed his spine.

Day 8 is over and Night 9 begins! You have 24 hours to get your orders in.

Jain was a Village Rioter!

Votes

(5) Jain- Maill, Melend, Senn, Clancy, Wyra

(1) Baron von Piffertiff- Joe

(1) Clancy- Peng

(1) Melend- Jain

(5) No Vote- Baron von Piffertiff, Dom, Odustren, Damon, Larry

Updated Player List

Edited by Metacognition

Write-up:

(6) Jain- Maill, Melend, Senn, Clancy, Odustren, Wyra

(1) Baron von Piffertiff- Joe

(1) Clancy- Peng

(1) Melend- Jain

(4) No Vote- Baron von Piffertiff, Dom, Damon, Larry

Real Votes:

Unodus(1):  Wyrmhero

Pifferdoo(1): Myself

Mckeedee(1): Jain

Jain(5): Mailliw, Mckeedee, Claincy, Unodus, Seonid

Claincy(1): JasonPeng

So Pifferdoo is the Spiked Rioter, and moved Wyrm's vote from unodus to Jain. Either that or he's been a rather obtuse villager.

I have contact with two people, one claiming Rioter and the other claiming Soother. After this many villager emotimancers, these two either are Spiked or, as I'm beginning to think, Meta's screwing with us and the role distribution. I've begun to somewhat trust these two I'm in contact with, so I'm not certain. They don't know about each other and no one else knows about them. How much do you guys think they're Spiked? I'd prefer not to reveal them, as certain things have made me inclined to trust them and if they are on our side, that's all the better.

Meta, if you Riot yourself, doesn't your vote get cancelled out before it gets switched? Or is it a bit different since we know where votes have gone this time from the write-up?

Okay, so I really don't like the sudden lynch of Jain near the end of the Cycle. I admit that I wasn't exactly trusting of him before (He roleclaimed Rioter to me some time ago so I was keeping an eye on him), but I would've defended him if I had been online during this Cycle. What I want to know from you guys is why Jain was more suspicious than Unodus, who has interfered with recent lynches. And now we have Pifferdoo too. For what it's worth though, I have been in contact with Unodus this Cycle, and I am in fact leaning towards him being misguided rather than malicious. So are we going to do this again with Pifferdoo and Unodus? Are we just going to keep lynching roles until we hit a Spiked? Though I admit that I do find his reaction posts to our lynches to be odd.

Hmm. Well, at least we can be fairly certain that Jain's lynch was orchestrated by the Spiked. We have 11 people in the game. Five votes went onto Jain. There are (most likely) 5 Spiked left. With the Spiked kill, that is almost certainly 5:5 during the next Cycle. If we're very lucky, it will be 6:5, or even 6:4, and at least one of our three inactives will be Spiked. So we still won't quite have lost, we just need to get everyone voting the same way at the end of the Cycle, and for our lynch to be accurate.

Mailliw, I would say that you should give us the Roles. We can at least rule out some people on our search for the Lurcher. According to my notes, we have Peng, Claincy, Melend, Senn or Joe as a Spiked Lurcher. If you (or anyone) can rule some of these out, then we're a step closer.

Meta, if you Riot yourself, doesn't your vote get cancelled out before it gets switched? Or is it a bit different since we know where votes have gone this time from the write-up?

If you Riot yourself, your vote would switch, ever so temporarily, to the new target before it drops off completely. In terms of the final vote count though, this doesn't mean anything, as I can only show the vote's final resting place. In the case of Rioter rioting themselves, that would be in the No Vote category. 

Okay, so I really don't like the sudden lynch of Jain near the end of the Cycle. I admit that I wasn't exactly trusting of him before (He roleclaimed Rioter to me some time ago so I was keeping an eye on him), but I would've defended him if I had been online during this Cycle. What I want to know from you guys is why Jain was more suspicious than Unodus, who has interfered with recent lynches.

Jain probably lied about only using his power once during cycle three, since the rioting in cycle 1 couldn't have been Unodus. That's why I thought he was suspicious. I was kind of surprised when Claincy agreed with me, and it looks as if several other people decided to bandwagon at that point. If more people had been on it probably wouldn't have happened.

If you Riot yourself, your vote would switch, ever so temporarily, to the new target before it drops off completely. In terms of the final vote count though, this doesn't mean anything, as I can only show the vote's final resting place. In the case of Rioter rioting themselves, that would be in the No Vote category. 

So that means Pifferdoo had to have rioted Wyrm's Vote. I just checked and the three inactives have been offline for more than two weeks, so Pifferdoo is the only option for today's rioter. Whether he's spiked or not is up for debate. But considering he's been claiming he didn't riot Wyrm today. (He said that in a PM with me)

So yeah Mailliw, You should at least tell us Piferdoo's role.

Just a clarification: We are the dead ones here, and you're all still alive.  I know, with all of the haunting that I've been doing, it certainly makes me seem rather animated, but remember that I am only a figment of your imagination, and should not be taken seriously.

And see?  You're hearing voices in your head; that proves your not dead.  No self-respecting ghost would hear strange voices in their head, so therefore you're alive.  That's my logic and I'm sticking to it.  Apparently.

Edited by Renegade