Random Stuff

mail-mi

This made my day. :D That's got to be one of the best things I've ever heard.

B)

The best part is that I'm pretty sure that Shakespeare would have approved of what we did far more than any school's approach in the history of ever.  Ye gods, that stuff was a slog in high school.  It was never meant to be read.

B)

The best part is that I'm pretty sure that Shakespeare would have approved of what we did far more than any school's approach in the history of ever. Ye gods, that stuff was a slog in high school. It was never meant to be read.

Oh, no. It was meant to be performed, by goofballs who, when playing Pyramus in the play-within-a-play, play with the hair of the girl playing the wall separating him from Thisbe. :lol:

One high school teacher got it right, at least.

I liked reading Shakespeare...

Of course, I did read it not in an English class, which in and of itself elevates its goodness. Also, I got to dramatically read out loud from it to my lunch group. They ignored it, 'cause that's normal behavior for me.

Has anyone else seen Hamlet starring David Tennant and Patrick Stewart? The Doctor and Picard doing Shakespeare. Can't get any better than this.

...but seriously, it was fantastic.

Has anyone else seen Hamlet starring David Tennant and Patrick Stewart? The Doctor and Picard doing Shakespeare. Can't get any better than this.

...but seriously, it was fantastic.

Of course! It be interesting to track down the Hamlet where Patrick Stewart plays Hamlet, compare it to his role as Claudius (loved his last scene... a lot better than that over-the-top extravagance in Kenneth Brannaugh's version....grumble....)

Link please? My sister adores Hamlet and loves David Tennant.

The YouTube playlist is at

Enjoy! It's awesome.

Of course! It be interesting to track down the Hamlet where Patrick Stewart plays Hamlet, compare it to his role as Claudius (loved his last scene... a lot better than that over-the-top extravagance in Kenneth Brannaugh's version....grumble....)

Haven't seen the one where he's Hamlet. I should look that up.

Edited by Mistrunner

The only Shakespeare I've read is Macbeth. Lots of death in that one.  :mellow:

:mellow: 

I don't know if you were a drama student, but all drama students know that the proper term for that particular tragedy is "Ye Scottish Play." 

Seriously. My sophomore year in high school, I was in a school play. Opening night fell on the same day my English class started Ye Scottish Play. Two cast members came down with mono and began showing symptoms that night. A few essential props vanished and we had to improvise—though not as much as we did during a scene where an actor was late to his entrance because he was sick in the bathroom. The first act ended with the school power failing, forcing us into a long intermission while we waited for the backup generator to come on. Even then, all we could manage on the generator was the house lights, so we performed the first half of the second act without spotlights or any other stage lights. 

And lest you believe this was a screwball comedy where we could simply incorporate the mishaps into the humor, it was a very serious tragedy. Called The Survivor. It's about the Holocaust. 

There is something about that play, and I'm not going to say its name. 

Yeah... I was supposed to be in a major role for a high school play at the end of my senior year, but I chickened out. So how did I solve the issue? I convinced my entire family to go on vacation so we would be out of town during production. I'm honestly still not sure if I'm proud or ashamed of this feat.