Hi/Hello/What's Up

Hey everyone, nice to meet you! I'm Jacob and I'm based out of Los Angeles.

Film is my passion - I work in marketing at a large studio - but in my spare time I am an avid reader and gamer. Despite the many fantasy and sci-fi books I've read, nothing has captured me like the Cosmere. I've wanted to join the Shard for quite a while, but was waiting until I was fully caught up to start participating. 

So anyway, I can't wait to dive into conversations with everyone here (and hopefully make some friends 🙂). I'll also be at Dragonsteel in December, so I'm excited to meet people there, as well!!

Loll love these questions - 

58 minutes ago, Wierdo said:

how tall are you?

Let's say I'm somewhere between a Veden and an Alethi.

58 minutes ago, Wierdo said:

do you like fry sauce

I'm a firm believer that good fries need no sauce... but if it's not a good fry then yes!

How about you, Weirdo?

4 hours ago, EdgedancerJacob said:

Film is my passion - I work in marketing at a large studio - but in my spare time I am an avid reader and gamer. Despite the many fantasy and sci-fi books I've read, nothing has captured me like the Cosmere. I've wanted to join the Shard for quite a while, but was waiting until I was fully caught up to start participating. 

So anyway, I can't wait to dive into conversations with everyone here (and hopefully make some friends 🙂). I'll also be at Dragonsteel in December, so I'm excited to meet people there, as well!!

Welcome to the shard!

Thanks for the love everyone :)

4 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

If you could visit any country on Roshar for week, which country would you visit and why?

My answer feels obvious to me, but the Reshi Isles! Living on the water, in a carefree society on the backs of Greatshells? I'm in! It sounds like an even better version of LA.

How about you, Living Glass? (Also, I have to ask about pineapples - do you get good ones in the south?)

2 hours ago, EdgedancerJacob said:

How about you, Living Glass?

Ooooooooo... definitely the Frostlands. It seems chill down there *ba dum tss*.

Fr though, I'd want to go because that's the country that Kharbranth is a part of, and I really (really) want to visit the Palanaeum! 😋

3 hours ago, EdgedancerJacob said:

(Also, I have to ask about pineapples - do you get good ones in the south?)

*gasp* PINEAPPLES!! I'll PM you.

And yes, I'd say we do have pretty good ones in the South. 😄

9 hours ago, EdgedancerJacob said:

Film! I start my media arts major in a couple months!

On 5/10/2024 at 7:01 PM, Experience said:

Film! I start my media arts major in a couple months!

Oh very cool! Well feel free to PM if you ever have any q's about the industry! It's a great one, you'll have a ton of fun 😀