Cross cosmere communication? Ghostbloods reporting back?

I was thinking about a group of characters who were close to each other and what it would be like for them to be separated by worlds out of necessity in the Cosmere.

How do you think they would communicate? My first gut reaction was that Harmony could pass messages between each of them via hemalurgy, but that involves convincing a Shard to play telephone for you. Besides that, didn't Melaan have to receive the news of Wayne's death through some mail courier? So unlikely that Harmony would simply play telephone as I dont even remember him telling his Kandra on a mission from him about that. My next thought was span reeds but I am not convinced that anywhere else in the cosmere has the means to fuel one.

What are yall's thoughts. Do we know how the ghostblood's are operating under Kelsier's direction or how they are reporting back to him on their progress? 

They are pretty decentralized, basically only connecting through Kelsier, but he is rather hands-off (if Roshar is evidence of anything).

And regarding communication, they uses Seon boxes (Roshar), possibly Tamu Keks (were considered by Brandon as the means of communication) and some trusted couriers would be also an option.

9 minutes ago, Tamriel Wolfsbaine said:

I was thinking about a group of characters who were close to each other and what it would be like for them to be separated by worlds out of necessity in the Cosmere.

How do you think they would communicate? My first gut reaction was that Harmony could pass messages between each of them via hemalurgy, but that involves convincing a Shard to play telephone for you. Besides that, didn't Melaan have to receive the news of Wayne's death through some mail courier? So unlikely that Harmony would simply play telephone as I dont even remember him telling his Kandra on a mission from him about that. My next thought was span reeds but I am not convinced that anywhere else in the cosmere has the means to fuel one.

What are yall's thoughts. Do we know how the ghostblood's are operating under Kelsier's direction or how they are reporting back to him on their progress? 

Have you read Rhythm of War and The Lost Metal? It was discussed in both of those. Spoilers:

Spoiler

Rhythm of War Ch 115:

Spoiler

She removed her hand and situated herself at the desk. Adolin fell silent, waiting and watching as Shallan lifted the top of Mraize’s cube. With help from Kelek, they’d gotten it open without harming the thing inside: a spren in the shape of a glowing ball of light, a strange symbol at the center. No one here recognized the variety of spren, but Wit called it a seon.

“Are you well, Ala?” Shallan asked. It was said like A-lay.

“Yes,” the spren whispered.

“You can come out of the cube. You don’t need to live in there anymore.”

“I’m … supposed to stay. I’m not supposed to talk. To you. To anyone.”

Mraize's cube was noting but a Seon Jail. . . 

The Lost Metal - MeLaan Epilogue

Spoiler

The messenger flitted off across the dark ocean of Shadesmar, glowing faintly.

MeLaan sat in a boat kept afloat by some kind of glowing substance on the hull. The blackness beneath was like a liquid, more viscous than water. It was supposed to be perfectly transparent—if a person slipped into it and sank, you were said to be able to watch them fall, and fall, and fall.

“Do you know,” MeLaan said, “what those messengers even are?”

“An Invested entity,” her guide said, “which can read Connection to find anyone, anywhere.”

“That’s … kind of unnerving.”

Descriptoin of a Seon, just not by name

WoB:

Spoiler

Weiry Writer

Why are Seons stuck as floating balls of light in the Cognitive Realm, while true spren get to be people shaped? I feel that is unfair.

Brandon Sanderson

That is a little unfair isn't it. Boy, Sel has all sorts of unfair things going on. But they can leave Sel, so there's some sort of clue there. But lots of unfairness to everybody from Sel in various ways. But the thing that is not unfair is: they're able to get places.

Chaos

Just gotta escape the deadly plasma, you know. No big deal.

Brandon Sanderson

If they can escape the deadly Investiture plasma covering the Cognitive Realm... not even covering, like... suffusing the Cognitive Realm where they are, the Expanse of Densities. If they can escape that they can go places. 

I'll be honest. I couldn't decided if I should use a seon there at the end or a Tamu Kek. In one draft it was a Tamu Kek, and then I thought, "Eh, seons are way more interesting because they have volition. Tamu Kek is just a bone." It was a Tamu Kek originally, and then it was a seon, then back to a Tamu Kek, and then I released it as a seon. 

Shardcast Interview (Jan. 23, 2021)

Partially Ninja'd by @therunner

Edited by Treamayne
SPAG/Clarity