Marina's Echo--A Fantasy RP

J. Magi

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"Well, youre paying me a crap ton, so what can I say?"

"That's right." Kurtis said, subtly rolling his eyes.

9 hours ago, J. Magi said:

Kurtis listens intently, trying to understand.

"You people really think I'm that easy to take down?" Kurtis grinned. "Not to mention that my superiors would more than probably notice my disappearance and send men after you."

He thought for a moment, then sighed. "But as I explained to Sleeper, we're all on the same side here. We gain nothing by trading threats."

He glanced at the floor, not easily offended but clearly not calm either.

"Is that a kind of . . . Aalma?" Kurtis asked, the foreign word clunky in his mouth.

"Yes that is an Alma" Arranis says, settling into an easy walking pace as he goes to explain. "Elementals are people that have connected themselves, or merged themselves, with an element. Normally it is thought that only the four prime elements would be able to be connected. But there have been rumours of being able to connect to other elements, by meeting on of the elemental beings." he explains, hoping their guide will absorb the information

@J. Magi

Edited by Scars of Hathsin

50 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

"Yes that is an Alma" Arranis says, settling into an easy walking pace as he goes to explain. "Elementals are people that have connected themselves, or merged themselves, with an element. Normally it is thought that only the four prime elements would be able to be connected. But there have been rumours of being able to connect to other elements, by meeting on of the elemental beings." he explains, hoping their guide will absorb the information

@J. Magi

“It seems the most likely possibility for now…”

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

@J. Magi

"Oooooh, I see! They didn't really include this kind of detail in my training."

13 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

“It seems the most likely possibility for now…”

"I agree, though the idea of it being caused by a dragon gift is good too."

11 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

...Sosdor was getting antsy. sure the talk was interesting, But so was the HUNDREDS OF THEIVES BEHIND THEM. He tried to keep his voice calm as he spoke. "So...where are we going again?"

"Uh . . . ." Kurtis pulled out his map. "We need to go south to the coast, so we can find a boat. Hopefully, we can get someone to sail us across to the southern continent. Maybe this jungle will thin out the closer we get to the sea."

Spoiler

MASTERPEICE.jpg.6c9addb763c95ba7e41cf8783787f908.jpg

Edited by J. Magi

6 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"Oooooh, I see! They didn't really include this kind of detail in my training."

"I agree, though the idea of it being caused by a dragon gift is good too."

"Uh . . . ." Kurtis pulled out his map. "We need to go south to the coast, so we can find a boat. Hopefully, we can get someone to sail us across to the southern continent. Maybe this jungle will thin out the closer we get to the sea."

Hide contents

MASTERPEICE.jpg.6c9addb763c95ba7e41cf8783787f908.jpg

Sosdor nodded. "Yes, yes...But where do we get the boat?"

31 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Pretend you don't know where a boat is, pretend... Ah screw it, I want this over and done with. "I know where a boat is", Arranis pipes up "I own a respectable vessel, and I do know how to use it, me and my son go sailing on it all the time."

@J. Magi @RoyalBeeMage @ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ @TheRavenHasLanded

"that would be insanly helpfull..."

19 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Sosdor nodded. "Yes, yes...But where do we get the boat?"

15 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"the plan was to hope that we could find a decent captain around there."

14 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Pretend you don't know where a boat is, pretend... Ah screw it, I want this over and done with. "I know where a boat is", Arranis pipes up "I own a respectable vessel, and I do know how to use it, me and my son go sailing on it all the time."

"Really? That would save us the step of haggling with a captain in one of the coastal villages around here."

14 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"that would be insanly helpfull..."

"Agreed, though not wanting to use it for this sort of mission is understandable . . ." His voice trailed off as he had to struggle to keep moving forward. The plants now were too much to simply cut through and continue.

Twisted and tangled into each other, vines reached down from the trees and underbrush pushed upward. Out of the corner of your eye, you swear you can see the vines move slowly--but when you glance in that direction it stops. 

Night has also completely fallen, and any moonlight or starlight is blocked by the trees. Kurtis had been distracted with the conversation, but it was nearly pitch-black now. He pulled a match-box out of his pack and lit a torch. 

19 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Really? That would save us the step of haggling with a captain in one of the coastal villages around here."

"Agreed, though not wanting to use it for this sort of mission is understandable . . ." His voice trailed off as he had to struggle to keep moving forward. The plants now were too much to simply cut through and continue.

Twisted and tangled into each other, vines reached down from the trees and underbrush pushed upward. Out of the corner of your eye, you swear you can see the vines move slowly--but when you glance in that direction it stops. 

Night has also completely fallen, and any moonlight or starlight is blocked by the trees. Kurtis had been distracted with the conversation, but it was nearly pitch-black now. He pulled a match-box out of his pack and lit a torch. 

Sleeper just cuts through the vines without breaking a sweat. he hates it, but he's doing it.

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sleeper just cuts through the vines without breaking a sweat. he hates it, but he's doing it.

Kurtis lets him go to the front of the group, holding the light for him. "We should find a place to make camp soon."

7 hours ago, J. Magi said:

Kurtis lets him go to the front of the group, holding the light for him. "We should find a place to make camp soon."

Roy nods before using the star dragon state to create a light to use to see the forest around them 

7 hours ago, J. Magi said:

16 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Roy nods before using the star dragon state to create a light to use to see the forest around them 

Arranis nods at this noticing the time, but at the same time noticing the surroundings. There is something at work here..But what is it?  He shrugs, before walking over to Sleeper, "dont call me out later ok" he whispers in his ear. Before turning to the others. "I would be willing to take watch the entire night."

@RoyalBeeMage @J. Magi @TheRavenHasLanded

5 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Arranis nods at this noticing the time, but at the same time noticing the surroundings. There is something at work here..But what is it?  He shrugs, before walking over to Sleeper, "dont call me out later ok" he whispers in his ear. Before turning to the others. "I would be willing to take watch the entire night."

Sleeper raises an eyebrow at this, but says nothing.

23 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Sosdor looked closely at Sleeper. He seemed powerful, and yet so...not what he picture somebody had had great power like. This might cause some trouble. The others he could deal with but for some reason, sleeper could be defined as limited. Maybe Roy would also be a little difficult too when they were betrayed...best not to think that yet. 

2 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"Oh thanks!"

2 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

"I think the idea of taking watches is so that everybody can get some sleep," Kurtis said with a chuckle as he hacked through vines that were make thicker around then previous ones. "If you stay up all night you'll have no energy for tomorrow!"

2 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sleeper raises an eyebrow at this, but says nothing.

2 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Sosdor looked closely at Sleeper. He seemed powerful, and yet so...not what he picture somebody had had great power like. This might cause some trouble. The others he could deal with but for some reason, sleeper could be defined as limited. Maybe Roy would also be a little difficult too when they were betrayed...best not to think that yet. 

Kurtis (and sleeper I assume) chopped through a final few vines, all thick enough to be tree branches. The road they had been following was all but completely gone. Suddenly, it occurred to Kurtis that they may have completely lost their way in the thicket. Either way, their first priority was rest--it'd been a long day. 

Past those last few vines was not quite a clearing, more like an open nook between vines and trees. 

"This is probably the best we'll find out here," he said, stopping and examining the open space.

3 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Oh thanks!"

"I think the idea of taking watches is so that everybody can get some sleep," Kurtis said with a chuckle as he hacked through vines that were make thicker around then previous ones. "If you stay up all night you'll have no energy for tomorrow!"

Kurtis (and sleeper I assume) chopped through a final few vines, all thick enough to be tree branches. The road they had been following was all but completely gone. Suddenly, it occurred to Kurtis that they may have completely lost their way in the thicket. Either way, their first priority was rest--it'd been a long day. 

Past those last few vines was not quite a clearing, more like an open nook between vines and trees. 

"This is probably the best we'll find out here," he said, stopping and examining the open space.

"it would appere so... shame."

"Well you guys can bed down, I will form a perimeter, and take the first watch." Arranis says. 

He walks back into the thicket, making sure no one had followed him, before he transformed, turning into his wolf. He feels the change alter him, and his senses increase, and so does his lust for food. No, Priorities first. He howls, and here's others respond. and he starts padding around the perimeter he was making around the camp.

Edited by Scars of Hathsin

4 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"it would appere so... shame."

"Yeah . . . no meadows in this place."

1 minute ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

"Well you guys can bed down, I will form a perimeter, and take the first watch." Arranis says. 

He walks back into the thicket, making sure no one had followed him, before he transformed, turning into his wolf. He feels the change alter him, and his senses increase, and so does his lust for food. No, Priorities first. He howls, and here's others respond. and he starts padding around the perimeter he was making around the camp.

"Make sure to wake someone up for second watch!" Kurtis called after him as he walked away. He stuck his torch up-right in the ground and set his back down. After a few minutes, he had a campfire built and was pulling out some simple rations to nibble on.

The area is extremely difficult and tedious to traverse, even in wolf form. Climbing through and around vines with several foot diameters surprisingly tiring.

Just now, Scars of Hathsin said:

Got it, I was under the impression he's away from the camp so he won't be seen--not to mention the thick foliage will provide a good amount of cover even close up. 

1 hour ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

1 hour ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

"I'll take the second watch. Sosdor at down, but got up quickly to follow Arranis. What was he doing? The he howled and transformed. A shape shifter. Sodsor kept hidden and did not waste time getting back to camp as if he hadn't seen anything. He yawned and lay down. "Food?"