Smedry Hunger Games - RP

Edema Rue

19 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Kaza grins sadly. "Well, not quite..." his eyes go cold, and he snarls. "YOU LITTLE- YOU NEED TO DIE" and he tries to wiggle over to janes ankle to bite it.

Po put a gentle hand on his shoulder, trying to calm him down.

9 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

Jane hesitated. Instead of lashing back, she simply smiled lightly.

"Kaza, your soul has gone too far, I'm afraid," she shook her head a little, reminiscent, "Death changes people. Blood changes people. For better, or worse. You'll get used to it, if you have the time."

Her eyes were nostalgic.

She wasn't the same girl she was when she first stepped into the arena- hopeless, realistic, light-hearted; engaging with Aaron with a genuine love of fun.

No, she wasn't that girl.

Was she ever that girl?

Did she really change?

"Bye, Kaza. We only have a matter of seconds left, and one of us will die. I just wished you had found your change earlier."
Jane turned and walked away from where he was tied up. She faced Po.

"I haven't forgotten," she said softly. @justice magician

"I appreciate that, even if it doesn't mean much now." He replied, glancing around the arena.

15 minutes ago, justice magician said:

Po put a gentle hand on his shoulder, trying to calm him down.

"I appreciate that, even if it doesn't mean much now." He replied, glancing around the arena.

The lava is getting closer. 

26 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

The lava is getting closer. 

11 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

Jane looked down at Kaza, then over at @Lord Spirit, and finally back at Po.

"I believe it means most now."

"Maybe . . ." Po said with a shrug; he seemed a little distant.

Edited by justice magician

On 4/27/2024 at 5:50 PM, Lotus Blossom said:

On 4/27/2024 at 6:02 PM, justice magician said:

"Maybe . . ." Po said with a shrug; he seemed a little distant.

Kaza shakes himself. "Po. snap out of it. go win. go back to your friend. please."

7 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Kaza shakes himself. "Po. snap out of it. go win. go back to your friend. please."

"No! I'm not going to leave you!" He was crying now and suddenly it was apparent he was just a little kid. Covered in dirt and blood and scared out of his mind.

"I can't . . ."

On 4/27/2024 at 8:50 PM, Lotus Blossom said:

My character's name is Delind, or Del for short. I haven't used it much, sorry 

Delind analyzes her three remaining opponents. She should have died a long time ago. Time to finish this.

"I think we all know that there's only this can end though."

Del pulls out her knife and approaches the other girl. Joy? June? Jane? She couldn't remember. Her talent always acted this way when she was stressed. 

"I don't want to kill you, but it's the only way. I'm sorry"

1 hour ago, justice magician said:

"No! I'm not going to leave you!" He was crying now and suddenly it was apparent he was just a little kid. Covered in dirt and blood and scared out of his mind.

"I can't . . ."

Jane snaps around and grabs Po's remaining wrist, pain in her eyes.

"I killed my sister by accident," she said through gritted teeth, "I don't want to make any more mistakes."

She released him, but with force, backing off after *trying to wrench his arm back and push him down.

42 minutes ago, Lord Spirit said:

Delind analyzes her three remaining opponents. She should have died a long time ago. Time to finish this.

"I think we all know that there's only this can end though."

Del pulls out her knife and approaches the other girl. Joy? June? Jane? She couldn't remember. Her talent always acted this way when she was stressed. 

"I don't want to kill you, but it's the only way. I'm sorry"

It was then that she spun back.

"Don't be sorry."

There was fire in Del's eyes.

"I don't know you."

Jane pulled out her daggers and crouched a little.

Someone is killing my family.
And they thought I was dead.

Prove them wrong or let them win.

I hate being proved wrong.

I need to win.

confession time!!

(if anyone has been following jane's plot, this could be interesting. mainly i'm just having fun with her. you can ignore this.)

3 years ago I killed my uncle, aunt, and four year old sister, Lily Isa Rae.

Lily was supposed to be the only one to survive.

I killed her, accidentally, trying to murder Delilah Auburn Rae, the eldest Rae sibling who was, at the time, 18.

I was 13.

I swore never to make that mistake again.

A few weeks ago, Delilah Auburn Rae left mysteriously because one of her connections was in dire need of her, miles away. The letter was fabricated by, yes, myself.

Once she reached the caravan, ten mercenaries stabbed her to death on the third night.

It wouldn't bring Lily Isa Rae back.

Before chosen for the hunger games, Hestia Sylvie Rae and Pheonix Yin Rae died at 19 and 18, respectively, due to a "crash." That wasn't an accident. It wasn't a mistake.

They, too, were murdered.

Now there were only two Rae children left.

Aspen Leo Rae.

And the murderer:

Jane Cora Rae.

Edited by Lotus Blossom

2 hours ago, justice magician said:

"I can't . . ."

Kaza grins. "its ok, ill kill everyone for you. then all you have to do is kill me."

51 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

Jane snaps around and grabs Po's remaining wrist, pain in her eyes.

"I killed my sister by accident," she said through gritted teeth, "I don't want to make any more mistakes."

She released him, but with force, backing off after *trying to wrench his arm back and push him down.

It was then that she spun back.

"Don't be sorry."

There was fire in Del's eyes.

"I don't know you."

Jane pulled out her daggers and crouched a little.

Someone is killing my family.
And they thought I was dead.

Prove them wrong or let them win.

I hate being proved wrong.

I need to win.

3 years ago I killed my uncle, aunt, and four year old sister, Lily Isa Rae.

I killed her, accidentally, trying to murder Delilah Auburn Rae, the eldest Rae sibling who was, at the time, 18.

I was 13.

I swore never to make that mistake again.

A few weeks ago, Delilah Auburn Rae left mysteriously because one of her connections was in dire need of her, miles away. The letter was fabricated by, yes, myself.

Once she reached the caravan, ten mercenaries stabbed her to death on the third night.

It wouldn't bring Lily Isa Rae back.

Before chosen for the hunger games, Hestia Sylvie Rae and Pheonix Yin Rae died at 19 and 18, respectively, due to a "crash." That wasn't an accident. It wasn't a mistake.

They, too, were murdered.

Now there were only two Rae children left.

Aspen Leo Rae.

And the murderer:

Jane Cora Rae.

Cool backstory! 

“At least I’m not betraying you. Too many people have betrayed me.”

Del suddenly lunges forward, swinging her knife. 

3 hours ago, Lotus Blossom said:

ane snaps around and grabs Po's remaining wrist, pain in her eyes.

She caught him off guard and he winced, stumbling back.

Her words echoed in his head . . .

"I killed my sister"

"I killed . . ."

- - - - - - - - - -

". . . I killed her," He explained as he held Sharpo in his lap.

"Why?" Po asked, deeply engrossed in the story.

"Because, that's what the Hunger Games are like," his voice was quiet, but stern. "She asked me to kill her, because she knew it was the best choice she had . . . she knew she couldn't kill me."

"Why couldn't you just be friends?"

"Because, there were many evil people watching over us . . . I suspect we both would have died if we resisted."

Po scrunched up his face, trying to understand. 

"That's sad . . ." He finally mumbled. 

"It is sad," Sharp'i said with a sigh, "But it's important." He was holding that little doll he always had with him, the one with the eyes made of silver.

"I need you to know about this stuff Po . . . when you grow up, when I'm older, we both have to make sure that things change." 

Po sat up in his lap and pushed Sharp'i's dark hair out of his face. "You're not old yet silly."

"Sometimes . . . you feel old before you're actually old Po," The young man explained, his eyes tired.

"Well you don't gotta worry cause . . . cause I'm gonna stay with you even when we're both super old!"

Sharp'i gave him a smile, rare in those days. "That sounds wonderful."

- - - - - - - - - -

Spoiler

in case anyone is curious (excerpt from threnodite):

Sharpie stares at her. That was two in one night. 

He had to admit, it wasn't really something he knew how to understand.

Why would they want him to live? They should hate him. They should want him to die. Everyone wanted the Sharp's to die, that's what he'd been taught. That's what he'd been trained for. 

How could a truth so integral to who he was simply . . . not be true? 

He found himself hesitating to kill her. He shouldn't kill someone who wasn't trying to kill him. That . . . that was wrong. And yet, he knew he couldn't afford to let her live. She would just die somewhere else, some other way. The game makers would make sure of that.

He closed his eyes. He didn't want to do this.

At least he could give her a painless death, that was the best he could do.

"I- I'm so sorry, I'll take care of your family, I promise."

He hit her hard on the head with the handle of his scythe. A head injury that would kill her without blood. (I'm not an expert on this stuff, but that would work right? If not we can change it).

Sharpie took a few deep breaths, his mind spinning. He touched his pack, where the doll with silver eyes made a small lump.

What was he doing? What was he really doing here?

That's right.

Clarity flowed into his mind. He was completing his sacred calling, the duty placed on his shoulders by his family. 

Revenge.

2 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Kaza grins. "its ok, ill kill everyone for you. then all you have to do is kill me."

He snapped out of his memory at Kaza's words. "If I let you go, you'll turn back into a monster . . ."

6 minutes ago, justice magician said:

She caught him off guard and he winced, stumbling back.

He words echoed in his head . . .

"I killed my sister"

"I killed . . ."

- - - - - - - - - -

". . . I killed her," He explained as he held Sharpo in his lap.

"Why?" Po asked, deeply engrossed in the story.

"Because, that's what the Hunger Games are like," his voice was quiet, but stern. "She asked me to kill her, because she knew it was the best choice she had . . . she knew she couldn't kill me."

"Why couldn't you just be friends?"

"Because, there were many evil people watching over us . . . I suspect we both would have died if we resisted."

Po scrunched up his face, trying to understand. 

"That's sad . . ." He finally mumbled. 

"It is sad," Sharp'i said with a sigh, "But it's important." He was holding that little doll he always had with him, the one with the eyes made of silver.

"I need you to know about this stuff Po . . . when you grow up, when I'm older, we both have to make sure that things change." 

Po sat up in his lap and pushed Sharp'i's dark hair out of his face. "You're not old yet silly."

"Sometimes . . . you feel old before you're actually old Po," The young man explained, his eyes tired.

"Well you don't gotta worry cause . . . cause I'm gonna stay with you even when we're both super old!"

Sharp'i gave him a smile, rare in those days. "That sounds wonderful."

- - - - - - - - - -

Hide contents

in case anyone is curious (excerpt from threnodite):

He snapped out of his memory at Kaza's words. "If I let you go, you'll turn back into a monster . . ."

He smiles sadly. "It's a risk I'm willing to take. if I go crazy... will you kill me? please? you need to go back to your friend. Don't let him forget."

11 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

He smiles sadly. "It's a risk I'm willing to take. if I go crazy... will you kill me? please? you need to go back to your friend. Don't let him forget."

Sharpo stared at him.

We both have to make sure that things change.

"I . . . okay." Po finally decided, better to see his friend go down fighting than to watch him burn to death in the lava. "But please, try to stay in control."

He untied him.

1 minute ago, justice magician said:

Sharpo stared at him.

We both have to make sure that things change.

"I . . . okay." Po finally decided, but to see his friend go down fighting than to watch him burn to death in the lava. "But please, try to stay in control."

He untied him.

Kaza sighs in relief, flexing his hands and arms. "Thank you." he turns to jane. "I'll take the winner of your fight." @Lotus Blossom @Lord Spirit

@Edema Rue

you wanna keep on yapping with ryn?

1 hour ago, Lord Spirit said:

“At least I’m not betraying you. Too many people have betrayed me.”

Del suddenly lunges forward, swinging her knife. 

With a small yell, Jane jumped to the side, away from the swing, and tried to swing at Del's shoulder from behind her.

1 hour ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Kaza sighs in relief, flexing his hands and arms. "Thank you." he turns to jane. "I'll take the winner of your fight." @Lotus Blossom @Lord Spirit

"This isn't a wrestling match," Jane snarled.

She was supposed to be the nice one. The little sister. Polite, reserved, quiet.

Being quiet has one loophole.

It leaves you to your own thoughts.

And sometimes... Your own thoughts can be the most dangerous.

Jane used the momentum of her swing at Del to lunge at Kaza, unsuspecting and recently untied.
She used her right arm to try to hook around his neck, slicing the dagger and swinging, while trying to use the left arm's dagger to plunge into his side.

4 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

With a small yell, Jane jumped to the side, away from the swing, and tried to swing at Del's shoulder from behind her.

She was supposed to be the nice one. The little sister. Polite, reserved, quiet.

Jane used the momentum of her swing at Del to lunge at Kaza, unsuspecting and recently untied.
She used her right arm to try to hook around his neck, slicing the dagger and swinging, while trying to use the left arm's dagger to plunge into his side.

Po pulled out his own knife, instinctively moving to protect Kaza. He swung at her left arm.

(this might get complicated fast . . .)

Who was this?

Not Jane, no.

Someone new.

A murderer.

An assassin.

Who will never go down in history, because she chose to shift the blame by "attempting to kill" yet another victim... herself. And yet that was why she was given a chance to live. That was why she gave herself a chance to live.

Jane Cora Rae will never go down in history as the one who framed Delilah to her siblings. Misguided their fear. So she could work against them.

How terrible was it... This unknown murderer could've killed Jane by putting her in the hunger games. How terrible.

Who, truly, was this?

Jane gave herself a chance.

Did she deserve to live?

Or was killing far too hard?

Or did she prefer to be kind?

To take on every single other person's burden in the entire world?

Her eyes opened, and her grip on the daggers strengthened as she thrust her left arm farther towards Kaza's stomach.

Did she deserve to live?

That was when Jane Cora Rae realized, sometimes starting fires is easier than putting them out.

5 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

Kaza nearly falls over in shock, and just barely manages to dodge out of the way of the neck swing, but get's a fairly large gash along his back. "HEY PO CAN I LOSE CONTROL RIGHT NOW? CUZ I REALLY REALLY WANT TO BECAUSE I DONT LIKE THIS ONE BIT"

3 minutes ago, justice magician said:

Po pulled out his own knife, instinctively moving to protect Kaza. He swung at her left arm.

(this might get complicated fast . . .)

yes xD

Jane pulled out her left arm, dragging the dagger back from Kaza's side (@TheRavenHasLanded can pick severity of injury).

She felt Po's knife graze her arm, and blood trickling down from the scrape.

She spun back, trying to hook her right arm deeper, slicing across Kaza's neck, while using the momentum through her left arm to slice at Po's arm. @justice magician

2 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Kaza nearly falls over in shock, and just barely manages to dodge out of the way of the neck swing, but get's a fairly large gash along his back. "HEY PO CAN I LOSE CONTROL RIGHT NOW? CUZ I REALLY REALLY WANT TO BECAUSE I DONT LIKE THIS ONE BIT"

sorry i was ninja'd! feel free to adjust my attacks however you'd like to fit this

Edited by Lotus Blossom

2 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

Who was this?

Not Jane, no.

Someone new.

A murderer.

An assassin.

Who will never go down in history, because she chose to shift the blame by "attempting to kill" yet another victim... herself. And yet that was why she was given a chance to live. That was why she gave herself a chance to live.

Jane Cora Rae will never go down in history as the one who framed Delilah to her siblings. Misguided their fear. So she could work against them.

How terrible was it... This unknown murderer could've killed Jane by putting her in the hunger games. How terrible.

Who, truly, was this?

Jane gave herself a chance.

Did she deserve to live?

Or was killing far too hard?

Or did she prefer to be kind?

To take on every single other person's burden in the entire world?

Her eyes opened, and her grip on the daggers strengthened as she thrust her left arm farther towards Kaza's stomach.

Did she deserve to live?

That was when Jane Cora Rae realized, sometimes starting fires is easier than putting them out.

Kaza screams as he just barely manages to move to the side, having it graze him enough to make it hurt. "YOU'RE DEAD- DIE-" then his eyes go cold, and he starts laughing. "ahhhh... it feels so good. I'd like to spread the pleasure" and he grabs Jane by the arm, ready to break it.

1 minute ago, Lotus Blossom said:

Jane pulled out her left arm, dragging the dagger back from Kaza's side (@TheRavenHasLanded can pick severity of injury).

She spun back, trying to hook her right arm deeper, slicing across Kaza's neck, while using the momentum through her left arm to slice at Po's arm. @justice magician

youre all good! 

its time to make me hate myself for what kaza is about to do...

5 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"Kaza, no."

3 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

It tears through the skin near his elbow, but isn't very deep. He swings at her torso, trying to embed his knife in her stomach.

2 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Kaza screams as he just barely manages to move to the side, having it graze him enough to make it hurt. "YOU'RE DEAD- DIE-" then his eyes go cold, and he starts laughing. "ahhhh... it feels so good. I'd like to spread the pleasure" and he grabs Jane by the arm, ready to break it.

"KAZA NO."

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Jane screams as some breath leaves her, but tries to twist her arm away. She aggressively twists her wrist on that arm, stabbing Kaza's shoulder of the arm that was grabbing hers. Then, still grabbed, she used her right foot to swing down underneath Kaza's legs, in attempt to knock him off his feet.

1 minute ago, justice magician said:

It tears through the skin near his elbow, but isn't very deep. He swings at her torso, trying to embed his knife in her stomach.

4 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

As she twists away, she ducks his knife, and uses her free arm to swing at his legs.