Percy Jackson RP

RoyalBeeMage

29 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

The Gift shifted into a small replica of a cat. It was a mangy thing, missing one eye and parts of its ears. The tail swooshed, all puffed up. She swore she could hear purring, although that might have been her imagination.

”Johnathan…”

It had been forever since Jenny had last seen her beloved cat. He’d died of old age when she was young. She missed him so much. She’d tried to fix him, but…

Remember, Jenny. You need to remember. 

Skeletal hands reached up from the dirt. Dragged her cat away. Her father told her no. Said he was old. Said she was going too far. The little girl cried. The little girl yelled. The little girl was angry.

Remember her.

A kind woman approached the little girl. She tried to speak. The little girl screamed. 

Remember.

Jenny’s eyes opened wide and began to glisten with tears.

“I didn’t- I-“

REMEMBER.

Jenny shut her eyes tightly, sending the welled-up tears rolling down her cheeks. 

Seeing the reaction it provoked, Edgar snatched away the Gift. Idiot idiot idiot, there’s a reason you don’t have friends. “Sorry, I don’t know what it did that.”

2 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Seeing the reaction it provoked, Edgar snatched away the Gift. Idiot idiot idiot, there’s a reason you don’t have friends. “Sorry, I don’t know what it did that.”

For a moment, Jenny said nothing. Jenny saw nothing. Jenny did nothing.

Then Jenny quashed the begging voice. She opened her eyes and smiled widely.

“It made a very cute cat!”

Her eyes looked almost empty, as glassy as the dead bird’s. The tears still streaked down her face, but she wasn’t crying. Why would she cry? There was nothing sad for Jenny to remember.

1 minute ago, Lunamor said:

For a moment, Jenny said nothing. Jenny saw nothing. Jenny did nothing.

Then Jenny quashed the begging voice. She opened her eyes and smiled widely.

“It made a very cute cat!”

Her eyes looked almost empty, as glassy as the dead bird’s. The tears still streaked down her face, but she wasn’t crying. Why would she cry? There was nothing sad for Jenny to remember.

Edgar froze. What is this? “Jenny?! What’s happening? What’s wrong?”

Just now, Weaver of Lights said:

Edgar froze. What is this? “Jenny?! What’s happening? What’s wrong?”

Jenny stared at him, confused.

”What do you mean? It’s just a cat.”

She thought for a moment.

”It’s ok if you’re scared of cats! They can scratch you up pretty badly.”

3 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Jenny stared at him, confused.

”What do you mean? It’s just a cat.”

She thought for a moment.

”It’s ok if you’re scared of cats! They can scratch you up pretty badly.”

“Something isn’t right here. Something happened with that cat, it changed you somehow.”

“Something isn’t right here. Something happened with that cat, it changed you somehow.”

“Hmm.”

Jenny held up her hands. Her skin looked pale and sickly as ever. Her nails were still painted black. She seemed to still have all ten fingers.

”No, I don’t think so. It’s just a cat. It didn’t bite me or anything.”

She inspected her hands again. Yep, no bite marks.

9 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“Hmm.”

Jenny held up her hands. Her skin looked pale and sickly as ever. Her nails were still painted black. She seemed to still have all ten fingers.

”No, I don’t think so. It’s just a cat. It didn’t bite me or anything.”

She inspected her hands again. Yep, no bite marks.

“No, not that.” Reluctantly he brought out the gift. “What do we do?” he whispered to it.

1 hour ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“No, not that.” Reluctantly he brought out the gift. “What do we do?” he whispered to it.

Ah. So the gift did understand language. Good thing she had thanked it! Jenny began adding a friend for the bird to her table carving. This one had parts of its ribcage exposed.

Ah. So the gift did understand language. Good thing she had thanked it! Jenny began adding a friend for the bird to her table carving. This one had parts of its ribcage exposed.

Edgar looked at the bird for a second, entranced by the strange details. The Gift did nothing to help his predicament. “Did you…ever have a cat?”

Edgar looked at the bird for a second, entranced by the strange details. The Gift did nothing to help his predicament. “Did you…ever have a cat?”

Jenny nodded.

”Her name was Janice. She was sweet. Liked to be scratched behind her left ear. She died pretty young, though. Poor thing got hit by a car.”

She shrugged.

”Sometimes that’s just how it goes.”

Jenny nodded.

”Her name was Janice. She was sweet. Liked to be scratched behind her left ear. She died pretty young, though. Poor thing got hit by a car.”

She shrugged.

”Sometimes that’s just how it goes.”

“I’m very sorry. What about an animal named Johnathan?”

“I’m very sorry. What about an animal named Johnathan?”

Her grip on her dagger tightened until her knuckles were somehow even whiter. Jenny’s smile, however, didn’t falter. Her eyes, which had begun to gain life again, reverted back to being glassy.

”I don’t know a Johnathan. It does seem like a good animal name, though.”

Her grip on her dagger tightened until her knuckles were somehow even whiter. Jenny’s smile, however, didn’t falter. Her eyes, which had begun to gain life again, reverted back to being glassy.

”I don’t know a Johnathan. It does seem like a good animal name, though.”

“…I see.” This is far beyond me. I have no clue what I’m doing. “What do you like to do? Other than practice necromancy and find cool flowers?”

“…I see.” This is far beyond me. I have no clue what I’m doing. “What do you like to do? Other than practice necromancy and find cool flowers?”

“I like painting. I’m not terribly great at it, but it’s fun. I’ve covered most of the walls inside of my cabin. I’ll have to show it to you sometime!”

She added a final stroke to her carving, then sheathed her dagger. Jenny’s eyes had mostly returned to normal and her smile was now genuine.

3 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“I like painting. I’m not terribly great at it, but it’s fun. I’ve covered most of the walls inside of my cabin. I’ll have to show it to you sometime!”

She added a final stroke to her carving, then sheathed her dagger. Jenny’s eyes had mostly returned to normal and her smile was now genuine.

“I think I’d like that,” he said, smiling at her, feeling very relieved. “And it seems you like carving too, that’s a hobby of mine as well.”

“I think I’d like that,” he said, smiling at her, feeling very relieved. “And it seems you like carving too, that’s a hobby of mine as well.”

They had something in common! Jenny didn’t typically share a lot of interests with people, so this was exciting.

”You’re probably much better at it than I am. What sort of stuff do you like to carve?”

She peered at his Gift, wondering if it could turn into carving tools.

They had something in common! Jenny didn’t typically share a lot of interests with people, so this was exciting.

”You’re probably much better at it than I am. What sort of stuff do you like to carve?”

She peered at his Gift, wondering if it could turn into carving tools.

“I have an advantage,” he said, looking at his Gift. “Two actually, as my parentage makes me exceptionally good at crafts. But I like to carve devices, boats, catapults, things like those.” 

“I have an advantage,” he said, looking at his Gift. “Two actually, as my parentage makes me exceptionally good at crafts. But I like to carve devices, boats, catapults, things like those.” 

“That all sounds very impressive! I like catapults. Launching rocks is fun. I’m not supposed to use the big one in the training grounds, though. I tried launching a dead rat to see how far it could get and it made a bit of a mess.”

She smiled sheepishly.

”It made it pretty far. Impact was surprisingly splashy.”

2 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

roy sat down at the tabel opposite Kasa. pushing aside a new camper. percy he thinks his name was "i think we got of on the wrong foot. how long have you been a camper?"

"not in a talkative mood today are we?"

Just now, Lunamor said:

“That all sounds very impressive! I like catapults. Launching rocks is fun. I’m not supposed to use the big one in the training grounds, though. I tried launching a dead rat to see how far it could get and it made a bit of a mess.”

She smiled sheepishly.

”It made it pretty far. Impact was surprisingly splashy.”

He laughed. “I remember that, Kylee and I…well, we had a good laugh.” He grew solemn for a moment. “Anyway, I remember that time. Catapults are fun.”

9 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

He laughed. “I remember that, Kylee and I…well, we had a good laugh.” He grew solemn for a moment. “Anyway, I remember that time. Catapults are fun.”

Jenny knew that talking about Kylee made Edgar sad, and he had done a lot of that today. Perhaps splattering a dead rat could cheer him up again. Finding one could be difficult, though. She’d have to keep an eye out for one.

”What’s your favorite thing that you’ve made?”

Edited by Lunamor
Grammar

Just now, Lunamor said:

Jenny knew that talking about Kylee made Edgar sad, and he had done a lot of that today. Perhaps splattering a dead rat could cheer him up again. Finding one could be difficult, though. She’d have to keep an eye out for one.

”What your favorite thing that you’ve made?”

I’m off for the night.

“Hmm…that’s a hard one. Maybe my chariot.” His Gift flowed, forming a miniature chariot, intricate and beautiful. “It looked like that, see how in the side it has those holes? Those can be filled with darts and shot at opponents. And here,” he said, pointing to the back, “I store the… sorry, you probably don’t want to hear this. I know it’s boring.”

“Hmm…that’s a hard one. Maybe my chariot.” His Gift flowed, forming a miniature chariot, intricate and beautiful. “It looked like that, see how in the side it has those holes? Those can be filled with darts and shot at opponents. And here,” he said, pointing to the back, “I store the… sorry, you probably don’t want to hear this. I know it’s boring.”

do you want to skip to the next day or do you want to keep talking to @Lunamor