Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

1 hour ago, Lunamor said:

I wish for good cooking skills.

Granted!

You are now the most amazing chef in the world, unfortunately that's a short lived distinction. Your bane is that you are transported into outer space without a spacesuit. As your lungs collapse from the equalization of pressure between your lungs and the vacuum of space, a single tear falls from your eye and freezes in the form of a perfect sphere while the oxygen in your blood boils away.

Fortunately there is an afterlife and you are still a good cook in the here after. 

If you end up in heaven you can cook like an angel.

If you are reincarnated, then you cook amazing vegetarian dishes.

If you go to hell, well, it's always BBQ night.

@Arash.F Here's my wish for the Nightwatcher.

I wish that everyone in the world would be unable to swear for one full day, and further if anyone tried to swears during this 24 hour period the foul language that would normally be coming out of their mouth would be replaced by a butterfly or a fragrant breeze redolent of roses or some other such substitution.

I would be very interested to see what effect this would have.

7 hours ago, Lunamor said:

I wish for a chicken nugget.

The Nightwatcher gets a very peculiar smile on her face and snickers a bit to herself before she says "Granted".

With much anticipation, you go back to your domicile and discover that you have indeed been given a "Chicken Nugget". You soon discover that this is in fact no ordinary chicken nugget.

You have been given an Awakened Chicken Nugget, that was awakened with 10,000 breaths and given the command "Rule well". Seeing as this chicken nugget bears an uncanny resemblance to the first president of the United States, George Washington, you decide to set up a presidential campaign office for your awakened sentient Nugget. Here's one of the more popular presendential campaign poster for your canidate, George McNugget:

GeorgeMcNugget.jpg.53923ad2dd127f75dd2edd8e6c462b5d.jpg

Needless to say, when your awakened chicken nugget makes the most brilliant political move since Karl Rove used micro-targeting for political ads and picks BBQ sauce as his running mate, George McNugget wins in a landslide victory. And because he is a candidate that comes from the heartland of America and is a composite of many different animals and many different parts of those animals, he governs as a true consensus builder. And since he is technically your Chicken Nugget, you get to move into the White House with him.

The campaign had a bunch of memorable buttons too, but I'll let you fill those slogans in for yourself.

I wish that my canidate for the 2020 presidential Election won instead of George McNugget, Barack Toastbama:

ToastBama.jpg.402f2aecd3cc00a5378e39e60af7fe97.jpg

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine

Granted, you get some scrambled eggs. In fact, you never run out of scrambled eggs for the rest of your life.

Only problem is your never ending supply of scrambled eggs comes from the fact that your pockets are always full of scrambled eggs. Every pocket. As soon as you put on pants, shirts, jackets, tuxedos, whatever, the pockets are instantly filled with delicious and nutritious scrambled eggs.

So you do what anyone with magically cursed pockets perpetually filled with scrambled eggs would do, you start an all you can eat breakfast buffet.

I wish that there was a sitcom called Baby Mama, about a baby who's also the mom of 3 troublesome teens, and I could watch it.

Granted, but it becomes so popular that no one wants to watch anything else. They canceled Endgame for it. Thanks a lot, @hoiditthroughthegrapevine.

I wish for the ability to hear other peoples' thoughts at will. 

Storms, that was on the other page. Ha, ha, I'm an idiot.

Edited by Shard of Thought
lil' mistake.

4 hours ago, Inklingspren said:

I wish to be able to disobey the laws of physics and stay alive.

Granted, unfortunately you don't get to decide which laws of physics no longer apply to you. You realize your dilemma when you try to walk away from the Nightwatcher. Unfortunately for you, for every action of yours there is not an equal and opposite reaction against the force you exert. Your foot pushes against the earth in your effort to propel yourself forward, but the earth does not push against your foot and you slip and fall on your arse. You now live in a world without friction. Your vocal chords no longer are able to vibrate against each other, you have to communicate using Morse code conveyed by eye blinks. Fortunately you have a family that loves you very much, and carts your atrophied, gelatinous body around in a high walled radio flyer wagon. You have to be fed intravenously because, guess what, you can't exert force on the things you are trying to chew, and the big un-masticated chunks of food slide frictionlessly down your throat and get clogged in your plumbing, because the normal peristalsis of your digestive tract is broken as well. But due to the fact that you are basically confined to a world of pure thought and no action, you figure out the grand unifying theory of all physics, and using your enhanced understanding of Quantum mechanics and n-dimensional strings, you are able to travel back in time in your puddled slippery gelatinous state and warn yourself not to make that accursed wish.

Then you wake up in your bed, and as you lever yourself out of your bed using your arms to push off from your mattress, you look towards the sky and say "Thank God for Newton's Third Law of Motion".

4 hours ago, Shard of Thought said:

I wish for the ability to hear other peoples' thoughts at will. 

The Nightwatcher says "Umm, Ok", and as the words leave her lips you hear her think to herself "Man, that boon is it's own bane, poor kid".

As you are riding the bus back from the Nightwatcher's Valley, you spy a cute girl/boy sitting on the seat across the aisle, chuckling to yourself you use your new found power to spy on their thoughts. You hear the following "I don't think anyone is looking, it's probably an ok time to pick my nose..." then you watch horrified as he/she stealthily picks their nose, pretending that he/she is really just scratching their nostril. Then you hear in horror as he/she thinks "That went pretty well, don't think anyone even saw that. Now I am feeling a bit peckish...". Unable to turn away you see him/her put the boogey in their mouth and you hear him/her think "Umm...delicious". You turn away in disgust and instead focus on the thoughts of an elderly gentleman reading the paper, thinking this will be a safe target for your newly acquired powers. Unfortunately you hear him think "Why does my back hurt so much, I think I wet myself when we went over that last bump. I wonder if I can eat tuna fish, have I had too much salt. What's the deal with salt anyway, how come it's bad for you when it tastes so good. That reminds me of the time I was in the war....etc, etc."

It only gets worse from there. You hear every unfiltered, half formed, nonsensical thought emanating from every person around you, and realize that the conscious barrier between thought and speech exists for a reason. Not every thought should be expressed, not every thought is what the person intended to say. There are walls between the Id, the Ego and the Super Ego for a reason, thoughts should be private because intention can only be expressed through filtration of thought.

Doh, Ninja'd by @Atium

3 hours ago, Atium said:

I wish to become an AI.

The Nightwatcher looks at you with pity in her green glowing eyes and says "Granted!"

Ewe R know a sapeent, self-awar spel cheker (could you check that last line I think you have some work to do Mr. AI).

I wish @Atium, the sapient spell checking AI would give @Inklingspren spell checker advice on my spell checker advice thread:

*EDIT* Just realized that my last wish was prohibitively restrictive, and that it required a specific person to do one specific thing. So I'm going to open this up with a different alternate wish (don't care which is granted):

I wish that I had realistic tattoos on my eyelids that looked like open eyes. And since this is a magical wish, I wish that these were animated tattoos, capable of movement and were able to respond to environmental stimulus. Further I wish that these animate tattoos would maintain the perfect illusion that I am awake and paying complete attention to anyone who happens to be talking to me, while in reality my eyes are really closed and I am most likely sleeping.

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine

granted. Your new eye tattoos are completely realistic and capable of fooling anyone into thinking that they are open, and you are now able to catch up on sleep whenever you feel like it. However, people have been acting strangely about them. It turns out that they are actually tattoos of spider eyes, and are complete with the other six.

I wish to be able to worldhop.