book recommendations way of kings in world

Alumínio

Question

Hello everyone, I'm rereading SA waiting for book 5 and I was fascinated by the excerpts from the way of kings of nohadon, I'm looking for books that might be similar in meaning to what the excerpts said, do you have any recommendations?

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Alumínio said:

Hello everyone, I'm rereading SA waiting for book 5 and I was fascinated by the excerpts from the way of kings of nohadon, I'm looking for books that might be similar in meaning to what the excerpts said, do you have any recommendations?

Just to be clear, are you looking for Non-Fiction Leadership books with similar leadership concepts (Lincoln on Leadership, 21 Laws of Leadership, etc.) or are you looking for Speculative Fiction with similar Leadership messages?

7 hours ago, Treamayne said:

Just to be clear, are you looking for Non-Fiction Leadership books with similar leadership concepts (Lincoln on Leadership, 21 Laws of Leadership, etc.) or are you looking for Speculative Fiction with similar Leadership messages?

books on leadership with similar concepts, it's because what left me amazed by the way of kings was not just the lessons on leadership (but I accept any book of type 😃) but the fact that they also follow a philosophy of making you be someone better, and I would really like a reading like

11 minutes ago, Alumínio said:

books on leadership with similar concepts, it's because what left me amazed by the way of kings was not just the lessons on leadership (but I accept any book of type 😃) but the fact that they also follow a philosophy of making you be someone better, and I would really like a reading like

Well, I mentioned two above. Really, most of the John Maxwell books are generally well received in business ( I read 21 Laws for a leadership workshop for my company). Lincoln on Leadship (Donald Phillips) I read while in the military. Principle-centered Leadership (Stephen Covey) is also generally well received, but I have not yet read that one. 

I've also read a few non-fiction "military event/story" books because, even if they are not "about leadership," the well-written ones will discuss why and how leadership was conducted and decisions made and cover what went right and what went wrong (and why) - such as: The Guts to Try (Col James Kyle - Iranian Hostage rescue), Killer Angels (Michael Shaara - novelization of the Battle of Gettysberg), The Raid (Ben Schemmer - about the attempt to rescue POWs from N Vietnam)

Theres a whole thread about Book Recommendations Here - but not many non-fiction books have been suggested for addition yet. 

Also, most military professional reading lists are available online, such as the USAF Chief of Staff Reading list - and they will usually have a "Leadership" section.

Hope that helps

8 hours ago, Treamayne said:

Well, I mentioned two above. Really, most of the John Maxwell books are generally well received in business ( I read 21 Laws for a leadership workshop for my company). Lincoln on Leadship (Donald Phillips) I read while in the military. Principle-centered Leadership (Stephen Covey) is also generally well received, but I have not yet read that one. 

I've also read a few non-fiction "military event/story" books because, even if they are not "about leadership," the well-written ones will discuss why and how leadership was conducted and decisions made and cover what went right and what went wrong (and why) - such as: The Guts to Try (Col James Kyle - Iranian Hostage rescue), Killer Angels (Michael Shaara - novelization of the Battle of Gettysberg), The Raid (Ben Schemmer - about the attempt to rescue POWs from N Vietnam)

Theres a whole thread about Book Recommendations Here - but not many non-fiction books have been suggested for addition yet. 

Also, most military professional reading lists are available online, such as the USAF Chief of Staff Reading list - and they will usually have a "Leadership" section.

Hope that helps

Thank you very much, you have everything I wanted in these links