Odium alternate champion

Random thought I had the other day. What if instead of Galivar or Gavinor, it is Jezrien? It's assumed he dies in the gemstone of the raysium knife according to the epigraphs, but it is speculation by Kalak. But what if what Raboniel did by switching the rasyium and transferring investiture could work, transfering Jezrein into a fused. He could be the figure with nine shadows. Representing all orders of knights plus the figure makes 10. Plus there was Dalinar recognizing him.

Dalinar stares deep into the eyes of the creature and feels a chill wash through him. Though destruction rages around him, those eyes frighten him more. He sees something terribly familiar in them and knows that this is a danger far beyond even the storm.

Might also have a reference to the death rattle that is an inverse to the wind runner first ideal. 

"The death is my life, the strength becomes my weakness, the journey has ended."

Would be nuts to have him as Odium's champion. 

Just an idle thought... 

Unfortunately, as told in ROW, when Jezrien was stuffed into a gem it cut off his Connection to Honor, which lead to him eventually passing on to the Beyond over the course of several weeks. No one is capable of reaching or perceiving the Beyond not even Harmony, so Jezrien is out.

7 hours ago, Marsh Madness said:

Random thought I had the other day. What if instead of Galivar or Gavinor, it is Jezrien?

Jezrien is 100% confirmed to be dead. This also makes sense if you consider how other CS works - they require a strong bond to a Shard to feed on, otherwise they will feed on investiture or even themselves if no other source is available (like Returned do). RoW epigraphs ch 79, 91-93:

"Jezrien is gone. Despite being all the way out here in Lasting Integrity, I felt him being ripped away. The Oathpact was broken already, but the Connection remained. Each of us can sense the others, to an extent. And with further investigation, I know the truth of what happened to him. It felt like death at first, and I think that is what it ultimately became."

"And so, I’ll die.
Yes, die. If you’re reading this and wondering what went wrong—why my soul evaporated soon after being claimed by the gemstone in your knife—then I name you idiot for playing with powers you only presume to understand."

"The bond is what keeps us alive. You sever that, and we will slowly decompose into ordinary souls—with no valid Connection to the Physical or Spiritual Realms. Capture one of us with your knives, and you won’t be left with a spren in a jar, foolish ones. You’ll be left with a being that eventually fades away into the Beyond."

"I felt it happen to Jezrien. You think you captured him, but our god is Splintered, our Oathpact severed. He faded over the weeks, and is gone now. Beyond your touch at long last.
I should welcome the same. I do not. I fear you."

RoW ch 15:

“Is there a … way to kill something like you? Permanently?”
“Lots of ways. For the weaker ones, just kill the body again, make sure no one Invests the soul with more strength, and they’ll slip away in a few minutes. For stronger ones … well, you might be able to starve them. A lot of Type Twos feed on power. Keeps them going.
“These enemies of yours though, I think they’re too strong for that. They’ve lasted thousands of years already, and seem Connected to Odium to feed directly on his power. You’ll have to find a way to disrupt their souls."

Confirmed by the Stormfather, RoW ch 47:

A cage, forged of their spirits, the Stormfather said in his mind. It was broken. Even before Jezrien’s death, they shattered it by what they did long ago.

Spoiler

Questioner

Did the Stormfather feel when Jezrien died?

Brandon Sanderson

The Stormfather would have been able to tell, yes.

YouTube Spoiler Stream 4 (June 16, 2022)

Confirmed by Ash:

“But the Oathpact no longer functions?”
“It’s broken,” Ash said. “Done, shattered, upended. They killed my father a year ago. Permanently, somehow. We all felt it.”

RoW ch 111:

“Jezrien is dead, Ishar,” Dalinar said. “Truly dead. You felt it. Ash felt it. He was captured, but his soul faded away after that. Her father, Ishar. She lost her father. She needs your counsel. Taln’s madness terrifies her. She needs you.”

And those WoBs:

Spoiler

Questioner

Is Taln still part of the Oathpact?

Brandon Sanderson

The Oathpact has been broken. There's a ghost of it in existence, fragments, but the death of Jezrien has broken the Oathpact. More than death, super death.

Questioner

Is that in the books? Should I know that?

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah, he's at the end of Oathbringer, his soul gets sucked by the knife they give to Moash.

Questioner

I didn't know it ended the Oathpact though.

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, that did break the Oathpact. If one of the Fused were to die, they would be reborn immediately. The Oathpact is a goner. They would have to form a new Oathpact, or something like that.

Questioner

Before it was broken, was Taln still involved with it?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

FanX 2021 (Sept. 17, 2021)

Spoiler

Questioner

Moash killed a god? One of the Heralds?

Brandon Sanderson

He did. One of the Heralds. And trapped his soul so he couldn't be reborn.

Questioner

That's what it is. Trapped his soul, didn't actually kill him?

Brandon Sanderson

It's killed him-- It was like, extra killed. The Heralds are bound to a cycle of rebirth that happens-- that they wanted to make sure didn't happen that time.

Idaho Falls signing (Dec. 29, 2018)

7 hours ago, Marsh Madness said:

But what if what Raboniel did by switching the rasyium and transferring investiture could work, transfering Jezrein into a fused.

That would probably kill him anyway.

8 hours ago, Marsh Madness said:

He could be the figure with nine shadows. Representing all orders of knights plus the figure makes 10.

9 is the number of Odium. There are 9 types of Fused with the Nine leading them, 9 Unmade, they believe in 9 True Surges, the Everstorm comes every 9th day and stuff like this. 10 is the number of Honor.