District Oradin

SmilingPanda19

Are you excited for the next Hunger Games?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited?

• YES!
    • meh
    • Nope
    • I will only be excited when I hear about the return of Merp

2 minutes ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

She eyes him. "If someone doesnt fess up they'll put us back to work even on our day off-" She looks back towards the door, struggling to tell whether it was an empty threat. She shouldnt have been so reckless and run out. 

He looks her straight in the eyes. "Don't even think about it Liz. We both know they won't settle for a flogging for such rebellion." After a moments pause he continues, "If anyone is turning themselves in, it should be me. I'm not able to help those that get whipped like you can."

2 minutes ago, Experience said:

He looks her straight in the eyes. "Don't even think about it Liz. We both know they won't settle for a flogging for such rebellion." After a moments pause he continues, "If anyone is turning themselves in, it should be me. I'm not able to help those that get whipped like you can."

She grabs his arm. "No, not happening. Nobody is going to do anything. Something like that... they'll torture you. Nobody- nobody is doing anything okay!" She looks at him back, not breaking eye contact. 

18 minutes ago, Experience said:

"I'm sorry," Eldyn says. "I shouldn't have ran out."

Eldyn smiles comfortingly. "Oh, nothing. The Peacekeepers just got a bit riled up. But we're safe."

Lily sits up, hair all tangled, and watches them. 

Edited by Just-A-Stick

19 minutes ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

She grabs his arm. "No, not happening. Nobody is going to do anything. Something like that... they'll torture you. Nobody- nobody is doing anything okay!" She looks at him back, not breaking eye contact. 

Eldyn looks down for a moment, then back up at Liz. "I won't. Just promise me you won't either."

How old are they?

5 minutes ago, Experience said:

Eldyn looks down for a moment, then back up at Liz. "I won't. Just promise me you won't either."

"...I wont." 

53 minutes ago, Experience said:

He holds her gaze for a moment longer, then nods. "I trust you."

Eldyn smiles. "So. What's our plan for today?"

“Well…assuming it was an empty threat…” She still seems concerned. “I suppose I can treat us to a little something.” She grins a little and roots  under her bead, pulling out a few coins. It totals to about eighty nine cents. She throws them out on the floor, smiling. “I got them from Miss Aubrey back in District AA.” She whispers to them. “Watered her flowers while she was visiting her son in District Red, snuck out every night to do it.” She boops Lilys nose. “It ought to but each of us an ice cream at least.”

For reference things in the districts are much cheaper after the rebellion. Prices for everything dropped after the capitol stopped controlling the economy. So with 85 cents she could buy somewhere between 3-5 small ice cream cones.

39 minutes ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

“Well…assuming it was an empty threat…” She still seems concerned. “I suppose I can treat us to a little something.” She grins a little and roots  under her bead, pulling out a few coins. It totals to about eighty nine cents. She throws them out on the floor, smiling. “I got them from Miss Aubrey back in District AA.” She whispers to them. “Watered her flowers while she was visiting her son in District Red, snuck out every night to do it.” She boops Lilys nose. “It ought to but each of us an ice cream at least.”

Eldyn seems to be alarmed. "You snuck out other nights too?! Liz! What if they ha-" He looks over at Lily and stops talking. He doesn't want to upset her. 

He plasters a smile onto his face, and this time speaks more calmly. "Shouldn't you save that for something more important?"

27 minutes ago, Experience said:

Eldyn seems to be alarmed. "You snuck out other nights too?! Liz! What if they ha-" He looks over at Lily and stops talking. He doesn't want to upset her. 

He plasters a smile onto his face, and this time speaks more calmly. "Shouldn't you save that for something more important?"

“Oh hush. When will there be a more important time?” She eyes him and picks up the coins, collecting them in her hand.

8 minutes ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

“Oh hush. When will there be a more important time?” She eyes him and picks up the coins, collecting them in her hand.

Eldyn rolls his eyes, but can't help but smile. "Fine. But there'd better chocolate."

10 minutes ago, Experience said:

Eldyn rolls his eyes, but can't help but smile. "Fine. But there'd better chocolate."

“There will always be chocolate.” She smiles at him warmly, watching him for a moment.

1 hour ago, Experience said:

"Liz?" Lily asks softly.

@SmilingPanda19

Celia walked through the streets that were ever-hungry to devour her. Laws were stupid now. Everything was stupid now. The insistence of having everything be different than the previous owners had driven the new leaders right back to the old tyrants' paths. Of course, there were some striking differences, like a brand new electric fence and new rules in each region, but they didn't impact her much.

A quick scan of the area indicated that people were finally getting over their initial trauma of separation. Celia personally hadn't suffered much from it, mainly because she chose to accept Azalea's departure, but also because she had other things to keep herself busy. Avoiding Peacekeepers, who wandered the streets looking for innocents to bully, which cause people to generally avoid them. Again, Celia wasn't afraid, because she saw through their lies. She saw through a lot of things, partially because of her truespirit.

Keep that Quiet, she reminded herself, They can't know. They don't want to.

Truespirits didn't exist here. They didn't in most places, but they did exist. She didn't need to prove that to anyone.

Is this how I've become? Is this what Azalea has left me with?

Celia didn't want to know. She didn't want to think. She didn't want to relive those days again. Somewhere within, she knew she had to, but she brushed aside that feeling and turned to the world.

"Teal and Orange," She spoke out loud, then realized how loudly she said that. It didn't matter. The three simple words had achieved their purpose, grounding Celia to reality far, far away from dangerous thoughts.

Teal and orange. Two colored lights. Magic she knew, magic she used before. Magic that gave and took. Magic that sealed memories away in a distant echo.

Lights mean nothing here, she told herself, turning towards the sides of the streets. No one knows what you mean. No one will ever understand you.

Ever was a bit of an overstatement. She didn't want to be understood. She didn't want to learn, or to grow. She just wanted to be herself. Azalea would've called her stubborn for that, and for once, Celia agreed with her friend's shadow.

6 minutes ago, Canada Lover said:

Oradin wasn't suicide last time I checked? I thought he tripped and died because of too much homework?

I also had a character who died of their own cause, but no one seems to remember him because he was the first of many deaths.

13 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Celia walked through the streets that were ever-hungry to devour her. Laws were stupid now. Everything was stupid now. The insistence of having everything be different than the previous owners had driven the new leaders right back to the old tyrants' paths. Of course, there were some striking differences, like a brand new electric fence and new rules in each region, but they didn't impact her much.

A quick scan of the area indicated that people were finally getting over their initial trauma of separation. Celia personally hadn't suffered much from it, mainly because she chose to accept Azalea's departure, but also because she had other things to keep herself busy. Avoiding Peacekeepers, who wandered the streets looking for innocents to bully, which cause people to generally avoid them. Again, Celia wasn't afraid, because she saw through their lies. She saw through a lot of things, partially because of her truespirit.

Keep that Quiet, she reminded herself, They can't know. They don't want to.

Truespirits didn't exist here. They didn't in most places, but they did exist. She didn't need to prove that to anyone.

Is this how I've become? Is this what Azalea has left me with?

Celia didn't want to know. She didn't want to think. She didn't want to relive those days again. Somewhere within, she knew she had to, but she brushed aside that feeling and turned to the world.

"Teal and Orange," She spoke out loud, then realized how loudly she said that. It didn't matter. The three simple words had achieved their purpose, grounding Celia to reality far, far away from dangerous thoughts.

Teal and orange. Two colored lights. Magic she knew, magic she used before. Magic that gave and took. Magic that sealed memories away in a distant echo.

Lights mean nothing here, she told herself, turning towards the sides of the streets. No one knows what you mean. No one will ever understand you.

Ever was a bit of an overstatement. She didn't want to be understood. She didn't want to learn, or to grow. She just wanted to be herself. Azalea would've called her stubborn for that, and for once, Celia agreed with her friend's shadow.

Aekolohanar? I was way too invested in that stuff. Didn't Rolen kill him and steal his honorblade or dead shard blade while he was writing something on a wall or floor?

3 hours ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

“There will always be chocolate.” She smiles at him warmly, watching him for a moment.

Eldyn doesn't say anything. He just stares back into her eyes. The short silence could have been awkward for others, but doesn't bother him at all.

"hey you dont mind if i join you do you?" roy said quietly from his bunk at the far end of the room.

9 hours ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

Edited by RoyalBeeMage

7 hours ago, Experience said:

Eldyn doesn't say anything. He just stares back into her eyes. The short silence could have been awkward for others, but doesn't bother him at all.

2 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"hey you dont mind if i join you do you?" roy said quietly from his bunk at the far end of the room.

She looks away and over at the boy. “Why hello.” She whispers. “Sure…what’s your name?”

2 hours ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

She looks away and over at the boy. “Why hello.” She whispers. “Sure…what’s your name?”

1 hour ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"my name is roy. whats yours?"

Is this the same Roy from the other district, or a different one?

5 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"my name is roy. whats yours?"

“I’m Elizabeth Crathrone.” She smiles, whispering. “But you can just call me Liz, Roy.”