Offensive Rioting/Soothing

Arcanist Lupus

As for rioting or soothing animals. I thought that was brought up in one of the books, but I may be mistaken. I doubt that is possible because they aren't sentient like humans, kandra, or koloss. Koloss would be the closest to them, but even they started out more sentient.

As for the problem about being below Emotional Allomancy as a Mistborn:

This could be solved by having a Soother/Rioter and a Nicroburst against a cavalry charge, ie, Sooth away their confidence, or Riot their fear.

I was thinking the same thing, however you can do this on a more long-term scale using multiple soothers and a large stockpile of brass. Just rotate soothing Nicrobursts can last as long as the metal does and stay fairly constant.

An entire army deprived of all emotion for a period of time. It would be a slaughter.

However I think in large scale warfare both sides will have coinshots soothers/rioters with a large supply of metal for nicrobursting. This would make for some very complicated warfare.

So I was just reading TFE and I came across the part where kelsier soothed vin's pain.

It actually says

...and even her pain seemed unimportant

I've been looking everywhere for this! I thought it must have been Breeze but there you go! So yeah, this would be a very interesting ability in warfare.

On animals, even if they aren't as sentient as humans they can still feel emotions, I think it could work but I'm not completely sure.

Yeah he can soothe hunger and fatigue as well, although I can't find references from someone POV when this has happened so I'm not sure about that one, I think that emotional allomancy basically has to do with neurochemicals of one kind or another, this explains why things like pain, hunger and fatigue can also be affected. I think that hunger and fatigue would be directly affected instead of just their importance.

Since all cells technically contain traces of metallic compounds like iron in the blood, etc., do you think that ALL uses of Allomancy in fact only affect metals? So (here comes the crazy theory):

Iron- Literally pulls on large sources of metals (ie coins).

Steel- Literally pushes on large sources of metals (ie coins).

Zinc- Pulls on the small metallic compounds within the blood, which makes neurotransmitting hormones to certain areas of the body reach faster and more frequently, increasing the 'feeling' of that emotion.

Brass- Pushes on the small metallic compounds within the body, making the neurotransmitting hormones move slower and dulls the 'feeling' (over a period of time/number of hormones received) of that emotion.

Tin - Pulls on the compounds within the body that have metallic traces that lead neurotransmitters to the brains from the sense perceptor, making them faster/more frequent and improving the use of the senses.

Pewter- Pushes on the compounds within the body that have metallic traces that add to bone structure, muscle strength, and blood clotting and healing, making the processes more apparent/faster.

Copper - Pulls on the electrical impulses that eminate from our body following the increasing effects of the other metals, keeping them, and others', inside the 'bubble'.

Bronze - Pushes of the compounds in electro-receptors arond the body, making them able to detect the fainter electric impulses of Allomantic processes.

(temporal is where it begins to degenerate)

Gold - Pulls on the memory receptors in the brain to render images across the mind of the 'past' and also pulls electrical speed in the brain to maximum, enabling you to foresee events that may have happened following registered events of the past you are 'viewing'.

Electrum - The same except it Pushes the memories into the future, however also Pushes away the mental speed (electrotransmitters contain base metals) necessary to understand the information presented to you.

Cadmium - Pulls on metallic compounds in Space plane, causing a stretch of Time in the area of influence.

Bendalloy - Pushes on metallic compounds in Space plane, causing a pressure of Time in the area of influence.

Chromium - Pulls on another's mental circuits (and their metallic compounds, etc) to forge an instruction to 'burn away' or drain (pull away).

Nicrosil - Pushes on another's mental circuits to forge an instruction to 'flare' or Push everything away in one burst.

Aluminium - Pulls on all the metals in your stomach to burn them all away, as if the mental command had been given in an instant.

Duralumin - Pushes on all the metals you're burning in order to flare them all away, unlocking the potential of the metal by breaking its compounds by sudden force, releasing the power of E=MC^2.

It is very haphazard. Please help me to shape it, disown it, praise it, or disdain me for the mere suggestion of it! All feedback on my crazy theories are welcome. This is the best explanation for the 'physics' based magic systems that we see in Mistborn other than 'the power of Creation unlocked in a specific way'. After all, how does it know what to do? Can the word 'magic' just scare away all assumptions of possible reasoning behind how they achieve the effects that the metals do. Obviously, Atium and Lerasium and their alloys will, for now, be reasoned away as 'God Metals' for the sake of a post too long already. Plus, we don't know what the Allomantic property of Lerasium was.

In the battle for Elendel, Breeze soothes fear, anxiety, uncertainty, and restlessness. Those are the ones I found after only a few seconds of looking. It seems pretty much any mental construct of the such might be able to be soothed or rioted.

Hey since we've already gone out on such a limb to find references to what can be soothed/rioted why don't we compile a list here and I'll see if I can add it to the wiki somehow (probably as a seperate page so the pages for zinc/brass don't get to cluttered) would be useful to have especially for anyone interested in RP.

Edit: Oh and to Odium, I've been thinking along similar lines to this but I haven't compiled a list on it but that looks great! you should make a thread for it!

Edited by Voidus

• Chaos locked this topic