Other Feruchemical Abilities

Shardcellist

I'd love to see what would happen if you managed to hack a fabriel so that you can use it as a metal mind while its doing other stuff. Like the levitation pair, what if you could do stuff with that.....................NEEDS THEORIES!!!! I think I just broke my brain again :)

I'd love to see what would happen if you managed to hack a fabriel so that you can use it as a metal mind while its doing other stuff. Like the levitation pair, what if you could do stuff with that.....................NEEDS THEORIES!!!! I think I just broke my brain again :)

Not sure why that would be any more useful than using anything else as a metalmind, or gemmind as the case may be on Roshar :/ I think I just don't understand what you mean though.

Gravity (not weight). Instant dark hole at disposal. :P

On a more serious note, I was actually thinking emotions. When you store with it, you'd become an emotionless, robotic person. Pretty handy and plausible ability, for those awkward scenarios you want to survive with some measure of dignity. When you tap it, you become more emotional, and you probably will break down in tears. <_<

Edit: Whoops! Didn't see that in your post, Voidus. Sorry for the idea-repeat. ;)

I know someone else brought this up but whatever. Storing emotions would work more like tin wouldn't it? Meaning storing individual emotions into different Metalminds, making them into a reverse rioter\soother.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Storing/Tapping emotions has come up a few times, and I'm pretty sure we actually have a precedent for something like this: the Kandra Blessing of Stability, which grants "emotional fortitude". Totally something I can see Feruchemy doing, even if its effects would probably be similar to Electrum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Solidity, Sanity, Conscience.

I like Conscience...for example...when going into battle you could store conscience...making you totally merciless and able to do grievous harm to others without feeling bad about it...or...tap conscience when making big decisions that impact other people so that you know you will stand by your choice in the long run.

Intoxication...drunk and need to drive somewhere?  Start storing that buzz and you'll be fine to drive...stuck at your 10 year old son's elementary school production of Cats?  That buzz might just make it a little more bearable and no one will know that you've had a few.

Edited by hoidhunter

You can already store confidence and trust, kind of any way with Electrum and duralumin. But storing honesty would be awesome. Store it and be the perfect liar.

You could use copper for this in some situations...ie I don't remember if your husband was there or not (I just stored the night at the bar in my metal mind)

anyway...use feruchemy to store 17th shard respect...store all of your up votes so you can post appearing to be a new member...then when someone questions your theory...reveal that you are a DAWNSHARD ranked member!  

Edited by hoidhunter

• 4 weeks later...

What about reflex speed/reaction speed? When storing, you react to stimuli much slower than normal depending on the rate of storage. Then when you tap the stored power, you react much faster. If you tap enough Reaction, you essentially gain the feruchemical equivalent of ESP or "Spidey Sense." Personally, I would love having an ability like this.

I just thought of one that is unique (relative to other responses here, at least), yet also fairly feasible/logical.

Basis: All humans emit slight electromagnetic fields. 

Quality stored: electromagnetic power

Metal used: lithium (see what I did there?)

Effect while storing: disrupted electrical reactions in the body, leaving you weakened and with a mood disorder (consistent, but depends on the person)

Effect when used: increases your own electromagnetic field, allowing you to sense other fields nearby and release electricity with small discharges (very small, wouldn't significantly damage a human unless a ridiculously massive amount was stored)

Edited by Vision

What about any of the other benefits of pewter aside from strength, warmth, speed, and healing ability.  

Balance(or maybe Grace)  fall on your face with every footstep while storing but you can tap it and sprint across a tightrope.

or perhaps...coordination...same idea but also extended to the dexterity of your hands?

• Chaos locked this topic