Anniversary Game 10/Anonymous Game 14: Tyrian Falls Apocalypse

The army was on the horizon and there were still Spiked among them causing problems. Afandor sighed, leaning back in his chair as he waited for his turn to patrol. He itched to go out and start right away, but Oleinda had insisted he rest. And she was right, of course. He sighed again, foot bouncing nervously as his stomach turned. Something was off about that night.

“You can’t save everyone,” she said.

“They’d make it easier if they’d stop falsely claiming to be powerful allomancers.”

They sat outside her place, watching the swirling mists and listening to the night. Even if he were going to rest, he wouldn't’ be completely cut off from the dangers and a chance to save a life. He also trusted Oleinda would keep her tin burning, just as he kept his steel burning to watch for signs of moving metal. Not that it would help against the Spiked.

“What do you think of Saffron’s claim?” Oleinda asked.

Afandor shrugged. “Doesn’t matter what I think. It put a large target on their back.”

Oleinda shifted, ear turning towards the center of town. “There’s something happening that way.”

“I’ll go check it out,” Afandor said as he dropped a coin. “Anything specific?”

“Shouting, maybe?” She paused for another moment. “Sounds like Zee, if I’m not mistaken.”

Afandor Pushed upward, arching over the roofs and using their nails to guide him in the direction Oleinda had indicated. It didn’t take long—only two streets over he saw Zee, the claimed coinshot, locked in a fight with a cloaked figure. The glint of obsidian knives caught Afandor’s attention as the figure struck out at Zee with unnatural speed.

Without another thought, Afandor flipped a coin in front of him and Pushed it at the figure. The figure recoiled, dropping the knife as the coin struck his arm. Blood sprayed across the cobbled street and Zee punched the figure in the face.

But it did not slow the figure. He drew another knife, throwing it towards Afandor as he turned again on Zee.

Afandor jumped off the roof and Pushed off one of the pieces of metal to his left, launching himself sideways down the street just enough to get out of the way of the knife.

Zee was holding his own. Surprisingly well, actually, considering he faced a figure who seemed to have no end to their obsidian knife collection. The figure wielded two blades again, slashing them towards Zee who barely dodged in time. He was slowing down quickly, and the knives were getting closer and closer.

The figure stabbed forward. Not where Zee was—but where he was going. Afandor wasn’t prepared.

Something tugged at his belt. A single coin ripped through the bag, flying toward the fight. It struck the figure’s arm just before the knife hit Zee. Afandor looked up and saw Saffron dropping down from a roof, falling from a path that would have put the figure right between Afandor’s coins and the Lurcher.

This had to end, though. Zee had fallen to the ground and the figure—despite the injuries, was not backing down.

Bracing himself on the walls behind him, Afandor threw his coin pouch at the figure and Pushed, flaring his steel as it struck. He grunted as his body was compressed between his two targets, but the figure was no match for a whole wall built to withstand another Scimon Tlag incident. The figure sailed into the mists. Saffron followed quickly, chasing down their target.

The sound of tearing fabric ripped through the night, and Afandor’s anchor in front of him scattered. The force of his push on the wall behind threw him forward so violently he nearly slammed into a building at the opposite end of the street. The fabric of his coin pouch lay torn open on the cobbled street and the coins had scattered in all directions. Some had hit walls and shattered windows as they glanced off their original target.

Then he spotted something else in the street, dark blood pooling beneath it. Saffron, the Lurcher. A blood-soaked coin sat a few feet away, having torn through the poor Iguana’s throat. Another had struck the heart.

Saffron Iguana was killed! They were a Village Lurcher!
Quartz Zebra was attacked but survived!

Day Five has begun! The turn will end on Tuesday, January 16th at 6:00 PM PT/ Wednesday, January 17th at 2 a.m. GMT / 1 p.m. AEDT.

Player List:

Spoiler

Amber Vulture Sasha de Vries, Detective Spiked Thug
Amethyst Scorpion Barney Detective
Azure Mouse Maihler, Meme Artist Village Tineye
Charcoal Hyena Hobbyist Village Smoker
Chartreuse Penguin Murph, Carpenter/Armorer
Coral Swan Ananame, Noble Thief
Cream Tuatara Spiked Rioter
Emerald Falcon Tune, Graffiti Artist Village
Fuchsia Ostrich Endsayer, Endsayer Village
Indigo Weasel Quagmire, 3 "Weasels" in a Trenchcoat Village Smoker
Ivory Dragonfly Bartleby, Witch Doctor Village Mistborn
Magenta Albatross Grandiose Verbosity
Mauve Crocodile
Melon Dingo Barrrrrrrg, Obligator Spiked Seeker
Mint Heron Stray Dog Villager
Onyx Flamingo M, Orator + Researcher Village Tineye
Opal Lion
Oxblood Beagle
Pearl Chameleon Samwise, Obligator
Plum Rhinoceros Nalthian Village Soother
Quartz Zebra Zee, Accidentally Spiked
Saffron Iguana Village Lurcher
Sage Kangaroo Leo, Amnesiac
Salmon Meerkat Sal, Loyalist
Sapphire Elephant Forgetful Village

I am genuinely sorry about that, Iguana! I got in my head that you were an e!Mistborn who randed Lurcher! I still think there's a Msitborn around here somewhere, so I'm all for flipping the vanilla claimants!

Point and shoot time! 

Oh and village points to Lion and Cham for their reaction to the EOD declaration from me, but Scorp, why was your reaction to FUD the outcome! 

5 minutes ago, Quartz Zebra said:

Oh and village points to Lion and Cham for their reaction to the EOD declaration from me, but Scorp, why was your reaction to FUD the outcome! 

Because I’m a conventional player who thinks that was a bad idea.

I can explain why it was a bad idea but I don’t think that would help.

Would you mind posting those colored VCs again, Lion! 

6 minutes ago, Opal Lion said:

@Elandera can you clarify which was the spike kill and which was the Coinshot?

EDIT:

Never mind ok

Thought there was a chance it was a stupid thing where zebra actually did try and kill himself

That would be irresponsible. 

1 minute ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Because I’m a conventional player who thinks that was a bad idea.

I can explain why it was a bad idea but I don’t think that would help.

I sense you grow tired of my shenanigans! This is fair! :P.

I shot Iguana! 

I feel like the elims would have changed targets if they were on at EOD! 

Scorp
Peng
Meerkat
Beagle
Sage
Pearl

^^^^ List of people who /posted/ after the lurcher claim.
NGL didn't think Iguana had claimed because I was wondering if there was a chance that they roleswapped or something

EDIT:

Right. You shot iguana. Nvm

I don't know, I don't know.

I don't know.

Also someone please explain what FUD is because I've never ever heard that before. Figured Under Distress? Flailed Under Distress? Finger Uf Duspicion? Formatted Until Deception?

Edited by Opal Lion

Just now, Quartz Zebra said:

I sense you grow tired of my shenanigans! This is fair! :P.

I shot Iguana! 

I feel like the elims would have changed targets if they were on at EOD! 

Shenanigans in general at this point :P.

Figured that out, yeah. That I don’t actually mind. Our paranoia of each other was boiling over.

Maybe. I think e!me freezes there and keeps the kill. Granted, I don’t e!me shoots you in the first place, but w/e

First thing: Lion mentioned that the elims might keep Zebra alive based on his shot list. I think the inverse also can be true here, so we should look at the early kill suggestions/PoEs as hits. This might not be super helpful as the entire player list was suggested at one point or another, but it’s worth checking.

Second thing: Who asked Iguana to claim their actions? Kanga? That’s suspicious.

9 minutes ago, Opal Lion said:

Also someone please explain what FUD is because I've never ever heard that before. Figured Under Distress? Flailed Under Distress? Finger Uf Duspicion? Formatted Until Deception?

Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt. Elim tactic I like very much :3

Basically just “yes, but—“ing everything anyone says to keep PoEs and the like as open as possible, like a malicious devil’s advocate maybe?

I don't know who i'd kill as an Elim, because swapping also can potentially narrow down the kills, and it already looked like Zebra was going to kill iguana and who knows if iguana is actually going to protect zebra or they're bluffing.

28 minutes ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

First thing: Lion mentioned that the elims might keep Zebra alive based on his shot list. I think the inverse also can be true here, so we should look at the early kill suggestions/PoEs as hits. This might not be super helpful as the entire player list was suggested at one point or another, but it’s worth checking.

My suspect list was Lion, Kangaroo, Scorp! I was vocally against hitting Croc or Penguin! 

It's possible that they saw through my declaration that keeping me alive is the best path to victory! It's the fastest route, but the trade off is that less of the kills are elim controlled! 

I was expecting a Chameleon shot, but it could be they've decided to never kill them! It avoids wasting kills, but you have to count on fooling them at the end! 

Anyway, I'll add to the Albatross voting based on Scorp's analysis of Ostrich's gambit! I think I'm committed to a POE of Alb, Croc, Kangaroo, Meerkat, Swan! In that order! I'm V!reading Swan's response, but it's worth double checking their newness with an ISO at some point! 

No e!Scorpion paranoia? 

Still wondering why the Flamingo shot happened! Still thinking about the fact all the D1 Penguin voters were NKed! But those are low priority! 

Albatross

Riddle me this! There's twenty minutes left in D3 and Albatross is in a four way tie with Vulture, Heron, and Cham! It's an easy self pres situation! But weirdly, they talk about why they aren't a fan of the Heron wagon, which limits their options for voting later! They don't mention Vulture at all, which could be telling, but idk why you don't leave yourself the option of voting for Heron here! 

Kanga's D3 EOD reads as villagey for questioning the Heron train! 

You're over thinking. We have time to exe Alb, CS Croc, NK Zebra, exe Swan, NK Beagle, exe Penguin, NK Scorpion = Lion, Cham, Kangaroo, Meerkat for a loss to e!Lion and friend. Or V!Lion gets it right, NK Lion, and V!Cham has a coinflip chance of victory. 

If any elims were hit before then, leaving say e!Lion alone, you mix Meerkat, NK Kangaroo, then Lion wins. But if you mix Lion, you NK Kangaroo, v!Cham has a coinflip chance. 

Do I think there's at least one elim among Alb, Croc, Swan, and Penguin! Yes! So I'm honestly not too worried yet! 

Updated Flamingo theory is they were shot because Vulture voted for them! 

5 minutes ago, Quartz Zebra said:

Updated Flamingo theory is they were shot because Vulture voted for them! 

Why do you think that warrants a kill? and do you believe vulture was the dominant member of the team then?

6 minutes ago, Quartz Zebra said:

Riddle me this! There's twenty minutes left in D3 and Albatross is in a four way tie with Vulture, Heron, and Cham! It's an easy self pres situation! But weirdly, they talk about why they aren't a fan of the Heron wagon, which limits their options for voting later! They don't mention Vulture at all, which could be telling, but idk why you don't leave yourself the option of voting for Heron here! 

Do you still think you should kill Alb then? this seems like a defence of him, but you're voting him.

1 hour ago, Quartz Zebra said:

Their only follow-up is this (which was technically posted after the cycle closed, lol) and to me looks like they’re setting up a Cham vote over Vulture. At the very least it’s noncommittal and for someone who implies they want to vote they sure don’t seem in a hurry to do so. Sort of adds to my read that Alb is allergic to doing anything that would show they have TMI, eg voting Cham over Vulture or commenting on Ostrich’s fakeclaim, plus e!Alb knows Tuatara can riot in that situation as well as in the four way tie so it makes sense they’re not overly concerned.

Edit: Actually reading that Alb post again I think they did let some TMI slip through when considering worlds. They never mentioned e!Thug!Cham but did mention e!Thug!Vulture.  

Edited by Amethyst Scorpion

I don’t understand why the elims targeted Zebra there or why Zebra targeted Iguana there after his claim - both those shots are suboptimal but I kind of am apathetic towards the game after the Ostrich thing so they’re now hilariously suboptimal. 

Albatross

I think the entire remaining team is in Alb/Swan/Croc [Edit; and Kangaroo] 

Spoiler

I’m silently tinfoiling a possibility of e!Coinshot now that we have a flipped Lurcher and Cham who is probably v and a thug. Is this a reasonable concern? It would have to mean the elims performed a WGG banking on Iguana’s claim being real. From an e!Coinshot point of view, they would have expected a Lurcher within the remaining villagers anyway and Zebra declaring his intent to self-shoot forces iguana to actually lurch zebra over playing the ikyk game with the elims where he tries to lurch an alternative NK instead. 

Edited by Oxblood Beagle

The last E!Coinshot distro (or I assume the last, either way, I mean AG8) had two Village Lurchers, two Village Mistborn, and four Village Thugs. Granted, that seemed overtuned, but here we’ve got one of each. And the Elims here have a Seeker. And a Thug. And a Rioter.

No way they have a Coinshot on top of that.

Also, an E!Coinshot world would need one other Elim alive to submit their kill. And the Elim team betting everything on random power role claim #3 after two fake Mistborn would be… well I guess they’d need the risk.

I’m more inclined to find one amongst the Vanilla Claims, or Swan. Maaaaybe Chameleon for an absurd long-con, or Lion for a distro where four Village Smokers actually is a much more massive detail. But Lion would mean the Elim team has more Vote Manip power than the Village ever did, and Chameleon would mean the Elim team had more Thugs than… Chameleon would give me a headache at this point.

Hmmm. @Opal Lion, you claim not to have done the D1 Soothe on Swan, right?

4 hours ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

you claim not to have done the D1 Soothe on Swan, right?

Yes

1 hour ago, Oxblood Beagle said:

Lion, did you buy Ostrich’s concession or not? You suggested yesterday that you knew he was faking it? 

Hm? No, I said I could see reasoning for why it was fake. Which was strong enough to believe him when he retracted.

8 hours ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

plus e!Alb knows Tuatara can riot in that situation as well as in the four way tie so it makes sense they’re not overly concerned.

Except tuatara was inactive