Anniversary Game 10/Anonymous Game 14: Tyrian Falls Apocalypse

...So there's no riot. Okay, sure.

While I agree that the Ostrich-Penguin connection is prominent, I think it's too convenient and I buy Ostrich's explanation post from this turn. Not to mention I still vibe read Penguin as village. I disagree with Hyena being TWTBAW but that's all personal opinion I suppose.

My top three coinshots would be Hyena, Meerkat, and Elephant, though any of the inactives would do fine. Don't shoot Lion though.

I'll respond to PMs and then backread. See if I can uncover anything.

7 hours ago, Chartreuse Penguin said:

Elim. Hence the point on my opinion on them being Coinshot.

From my perspective it's V-V, though, so not necessarily condemning. But the way it was clearly phrased to be essentially "I choose Dragonfly over Penguin" when I hadn't done much to deserve it was... could be setting up that E!Ostrich implies E!Penguin view from people. Maybe.

... could have sworn it was on Dragonfly at some point. No, it was briefly, just not at the end. Right.

And sort of the point with why people want a Me Shot, yeah, I would have died if not for Ostrich - but my not-so-biased opinion is that that says more about Ostrich than me. But I also wouldn't have died if not for Flamingo putting me in the lead in the first place, so I'm curious about that too.

Leads and crannies and bowstrings and potions. Much to do.

Hmmm. From your PoV the leading wagons were both v/v. What does that make you feel about the people on both wagons? What about the people off of them? Can I get your read on all the the (2) wagons as well? The train itself and the people that make them up.

Things I noted from rereading D1:

• Heron's only posts of substance were to defend Hyena after I initially voted them, and to discredit my v!Beagle read (which I definitely still stand by).
    • Hyena's opening itself felt more village to me on this pass, though I still don't like their subsequent posts. Possible e/e connection with Heron.
  • Elephant trying to get out of a bad voting by claiming there was nothing of substance on page 3 stands out.
  • Dragonfly was obviously village from even their first post, gah. Retrospect goes crazy.
  • Meerkat's tone is very odd. They're far too concerned with their own survival for my liking. If they're a new player I don't really suspect them for this, but there isn't really a way to know that stays in the spirit of this game. But they're on my shot list.
  • I like Kangaroo's reads. They seem genuine and polarizing enough to warrant a light v read.
  • If Beagle is evil I'm actually quitting SE
  • @Amber Vulture what did you think of Dragonfly's big reads list post at the time?
  • As a general rule I like Flamingo's posting. But in the case of e!Hyena I think their late switch to Penguin is e indicative, and works better as an e/e pair than Ostrich/Penguin imo

More detail on Hyena:

Spoiler

My main issue with Hyena is that their justifications feel fake. Take their first post:

'll be throwing a vote on Emerald Falcon Nothing against you I just really struggle with the meme format so its slightly soured my gut opinion of you.

And their future justification of the Falcon vote, made after I called voting based on a playstyle you don't like poor form:

While I can agree that it was poor form going with gut reads the only ones who stood out to me were Falcon and Mouse as negative gut reads - and the only reason I can think of for that was that they both were using memes to communicate.

To me, that justification is inconsistent with their vote. In their original post, the heavy implication was that the memes led to the vote. However, their explanation would claim that the memes were a later addition to their already existing read. Additionally, they spun my comment away from what I was actually getting at.

Not to mention them only citing a reason with their vote because it was the "only reason [they] could think of". That's exactly how elims make reads, and peak e!confirmation bias.

Finally, their last post:

I just almost removed my vote on Falcon and put it onto Charcoal Hyena... before I realized that was me. 

Falcon Mellon Dingo

Mainly just a poke vote, for now at least. Judging people for sleeping is kinda rude. 

The first sentence here is straight up bizarre and tbh I just want an answer. @Charcoal Hyena, what made you want to vote Hyena when the trains were 3-2-2-2-1-1-1-1, you were voting a 2, and Hyena was one of the 1s? You'd change nothing about the vote pool except for sparing Falcon, and I want to know what made you pick Hyena out of the four people with a single vote.

I want to like their Dingo vote, and they almost make me do it-- Dingo had just made a bad vote, and it would have been fine to cite that as a reason for switching. And even though they do, it's small and secondary to it being a "poke vote" far too deep in the cycle for that to be useful. Paired with their opening statement, I'd guess that they decided to vote Dingo approximately 0.01 seconds before doing it, and I don't like the lack of premeditation that shows.

New Reads List:

• Transcendent: Scorpion
  • Village Read: Beagle, Mouse, Swan, Falcon
  • Village Lean: Chameleon, Iguana, Penguin, Rhino, Lion
  • Null: Kangaroo (+), Tuatara (+), Albatross (+), Dingo (+), [Croc, Ostrich, Zebra, Flamingo], Meerkat (-)
  • Elim ish: Elephant, Heron
  • Elimmy: Hyena

Edit: Am working under the world of e!Hyena -> e!Heron/e!Flamingo, in case that wasn't clear.

Edited by Amethyst Scorpion

6 hours ago, Oxblood Beagle said:

also think Pearl Chameleon is probably an elim.

If I may ask, why?

6 hours ago, Oxblood Beagle said:

Penguin could be a villager (this is a PM-based read) but my read on Hyena has not changed.

Edit:

Pearl Chameleon why did you make this post?

The post above felt like it was solving for Coral Swan's identity, not alignment, and I disagree with that approach in anon games. And then it sort of spiraled into the reasons why e!swan wouldn't make the smoker claim so early.

I'm curious about what makes you feel like that post is off, however.

The mists were out tonight, and so, of course, was Sasha. After everything that had happened, there was no chance for sleep.

You fool, she thought to herself as she walked along the dark streets and alleys of Tyrian Falls. You did not simply get an innocent villager killed; you got a Mistborn killed. 

Even worse, she had left before Bartleby (Ivory Dragonfly) had made their final statement. While Sasha did not agree with some of the man's finer points (particularly those regarding Scorpion, Hyena, and Falcon), she did agree with others (specifically those regarding Mouse, Penguin, and Ostrich), and the seemingly genuine effort Bartleby put into his analysis had, at the very least, deserved him more time. Sasha knew the truth now, but it was far too late to mend this nightmare of a first day. She could feel her thoughts spiraling, down, down, down-

Avenge me

Olivya's voice rang in her ears. It was a command and an accusation all in one, and Sasha could not run from it. Her sister's ghost was as inescapable as the mist.

Yes sister, Sasha thought back, taking a deep breath of the cold, night air. No matter what it takes. I will find whoever did this to you.

And then? came the response.

I will kill them myself

Readslist (alpha version):

VR: Amethyst Scorpion, Azure Mouse, Emerald Falcon

VL: Oxblood Beagle, Chartreuse Penguin, Amber Vulture, Fuchsia Ostrich 

N+: Opal Lion, Salmon Meerkat Sage Kangaroo, 

N: Quartz Zebra, Cream Tuatara, Mauve Crocodile 

(N-): plum rhino, Saffron Iguana, Onyx Flamingo, Hyena

SL: Sapphire Elephant 

SR: 

As usual, you can ask me about the placement of anyone on my reads list. You just have to ask. (let me know if I missed anyone, too)

29 minutes ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

If I may ask, why?

The post above felt like it was solving for Coral Swan's identity, not alignment, and I disagree with that approach in anon games. And then it sort of spiraled into the reasons why e!swan wouldn't make the smoker claim so early.

I'm curious about what makes you feel like that post is off, however.

I think your posts have generally been over explaining things, to put it simply, in a way that doesn't seem instinctive and/or natural. Let me know if I'm misreading you for something to do with your CR.

About that Swan post, it pinged me originally for how it seems to want to show that you're having deep thoughts about the game which seemed feigned to me on a gut-level. Add to that how the post starts off saying you think Swan is v, then goes in depth explaining how Swan could be elim. Again, pinged by this because it feels like you're leaving the door open for uncertain villagers to keep paranoiding on Swan and giving them reasons to do so.

I also disliked you suspecting Penguin earlier in the turn & tying them to Ostrich, which you have now rectified so I'm feeling a bit better on that front.

Unrelated, but I think Vulture and Tuatara are both villagers who elims will eventually get misexed if alive in late-game. Please do not sleep walk into these exes. Vulture has an RP-centric style which is hard to village read for some but their thoughts have been aligning with my own quite a bit and even when they don't, they feel organic. Tuatara has been talking about anything but the game and asked me what I had for dinner in PMs. Their play so far has been devoid of elim agenda to an extreme level. Obviously, do the due diligence to both but I'm pretty sure they're just villagers (less certain on Tuatara but still) and I can bet they will get misexed later anyway.

@Amethyst Scorpion

[OOC: Sorry, but I only saw one ping from you, and it was asking about my opinions on Dragonfly's last post. I assumed you were asking if I would have changed my vote after seeing that post, but I am thinking that I probably misunderstood you. Can you clarify what you are specifically intetested in? Again, sorry for the mix-up.]

Edited by Amber Vulture
Added the @

@Cream Tuatara

Hey can we get like... any game related thoughts from you? Do you have any reads? Anybody you trust/don't trust? You've been kinda skating by without much input.

@Plum Rhinoceros

Can you give me 3 village reads and 3 mafia reads? Just gun to head/gut, you can explain as much or as little as you want there. Also updated opinions on Meerkat and an opinion on Hyena.

@Coral Swan

Do you think that Meerkat could be an eliminator trying to avoid making enemies, or that theyre more likely town? If you think they're an elim, who do you think is most likely partnered? What do you make of the trains at eod1?

@Chartreuse Penguin

Ping for this vv.

3 hours ago, Saffron Iguana said:

Hmmm. From your PoV the leading wagons were both v/v. What does that make you feel about the people on both wagons? What about the people off of them? Can I get your read on all the the (2) wagons as well? The train itself and the people that make them up.

@Melon Dingo

Hi! I'm no longer asleep! I'm assuming your vote was just poke/silly vote, but it's time to game now. Can you go through Hyena and make a read on them. What do you make of their vote on you for your vote on me? Can you offer me a little insight on where your head is at, and if not, can I try and offer you direction?

@Sapphire Elephant

After a D1 vote, do you have enough information to make more concrete reads? Whats your analysis of the behaviour surrounding yourself and Dragonfly? What do you make of the wagon formed on Dragonfly? Do you have any reads now that a day cycle has passed?

@Mint Heron

Can you explain your gut ping on Beagle that led you to place a vote D1? Is there anybody else you have bad feelings about? Or good feelings about? Can I get a read on Amythest Scorpion from you?

@Indigo Weasel

You mentioned early D1 that you needed to catch up. A day cycle has gone by without any more mention of you, but I suspect you've been following along regardless. Why have you not given any more input in or about the thread? Do you have any input you would like to give now?

Sigh. I've kinda reckoned that a lot of my readslist is kind of just... low posters in the null/negative area which is frustratingly annoying. All of the above, if you could also give GtH reads on the others pinged, please do so ^^, and offer your reasoning why. Ciao.

31 minutes ago, Amber Vulture said:

@Amethyst Scorpion

[OOC: Sorry, but I only saw one ping from you, and it was asking about my opinions on Dragonfly's last post. I assumed you were asking if I would have changed my vote after seeing that post, but I am thinking that I probably misunderstood you. Can you clarify what you are specifically intetested in? Again, sorry for the mix-up.]

Yeah, that's the ping I was talking about, sorry. I guess you sort of answered it in your previous post but not really what I was getting at.

Basically, I noticed that the post you made after Dragonfly's reads list was pretty detailed, but neglected to mention anything about Dragonfly themselves, which I found odd given you were voting them in a close exe race. I'd have expected you to at least comment on how it didn't sway you if you were at all invested in voting them. Additionally, I think it's pretty widely agreed that that post in particular was obv vil, but I super hesitate to actually use that against you because obviously you don't have to agree with thread consensus.

So I'm not asking if you would have changed your vote, I'm asking why you didn't, I guess.

25 minutes ago, Saffron Iguana said:

Sigh. I've kinda reckoned that a lot of my readslist is kind of just... low posters in the null/negative area which is frustratingly annoying. All of the above, if you could also give GtH reads on the others pinged, please do so ^^, and offer your reasoning why. Ciao.

Speaking of reads lists. Could I see yours? You've done a lot of asking a lot of questions and not as much of directly saying things you think.

Edited by Amethyst Scorpion

Oh dear, there's N1 posts to get through now! My IRL situation ended up being much better than it could have been, so I’m back!

Blergh. I feel like whenever I try and look at the backlog to try and look for clues, my brain just goes to mush, and any of my gut reads go something like "Oh, they talk lots, that seems good." Which don't seem super helpful. Gonna get some sleep now, but for when I wake up return to a state of consciousness can someone ask me specific questions to help to make my brain form opinions on something? – Albatross, page 8

Relatable! Albatross seems motivated! Admitting to the issue of brain mush and requesting requests puts them in a vulnerable position because people might criticize their lack of engagement! I feel like motivated e!they would simply power through the process without showing their struggle! If they still needed help, it would be more intuitive for them to lean on their elim teammates for nudges than to ask the public!

I additionally like how their end of day ISOing is more than summaries, it is highly opinionated, even if they didn’t draw strong overall conclusions from it!

For these reasons, I think Albatross is a villager!

Going to be a bit more busy this afternoon but I’ll try and get some other reads in.

I'll keep my vote where it is for that moment, though.

[unvoting] Indigo Weasel, though I may come back to that
From my perspective it's V-V, though  -Penguin, various posts

I’ll contrast Albatross with Penguin, who identifies their problem but resolves to solve it themselves with everyone’s favorite busy-work activity, reads lists! Looking further at their language, it also stood out to me that they narrate their voting, which is less passionate and more hedgy than direct confrontation! And saying ‘from my perspective, it’s V-V’ feels ungenuine!

Very uniquely, I believe that Penguin is evil!

Is this the kind of thing we vote on someone for? Also, I'm a Smoker, which doesn't seem that useful. Hopefully saying this is fine. The cosmetic roles look fun, I'll try and pick one soon. -Swan, page 1

If I have correctly IDed them, Swan role-claiming early is normal! E!they might have been warned not to claim a role that has historically been elim-coded, but I’m not willing to discount the possibility that e!they also ignored their teammates’ advice and did it anyway or never asked in the first place! I find it suspicious that (on page 6) they voted, since that is uncharacteristic for the player and the type of thing they would be coached to do by the elim doc!
For that reason, I am mildly suspicious of
Swan!

On principle, I’m neutral reading Rhino, but their self-centeredness is giving village vibes! An elim doesn’t need/want to pick the fights they did, D1!
I’m willing to village read Beagle for referencing the NK, as Scorpion argued for early D1!

Dragon was unsure how a taunt at evil could possibly prove someone's, or something's, innocence. -Heron, page 3

I love the Dragon character! But I disagree with Scorpion’s village read of the above quote!
Scorpion gets an effort clear from me at this juncture! Being reads-focused is a good look! I’m monitoring something about them, but I’ll bring that up if it becomes relevant later!

Would RP but there doesn't appear to be enough time. Think I'll condemn Dragonfly over Penguin. Hyena could go I guess. I'm iffy on Flamingo. -Ostrich, page 10

The Ostrich is obviously Devo’s alt account.

5 minutes ago, Quartz Zebra said:

I love the Dragon character! But I disagree with Scorpion’s village read of the above quote!

Did I village read that? Well I certainly don't anymore :P.

Scorpion gets an effort clear from me at this juncture! Being reads-focused is a good look! I’m monitoring something about them, but I’ll bring that up if it becomes relevant later!

👀 

Thoughts on Iguana? 

Welcome back, and glad your situation worked out!

2 minutes ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Did I village read that? Well I certainly don't anymore :P.

👀 

Thoughts on Iguana? 

Welcome back, and glad your situation worked out!

No! 

Just ISO them. 

Yes! What's a 'bideo', Iguana! What is the cat's name! 1083709163856723968.gif 

i... think i probably deserve a hyena reread because i thought something from them was lightly towny on initial readthrough. ill have to check :P.

This reads as village because e!Iguana doesn't re-read! 

38 minutes ago, Oxblood Beagle said:

About that Swan post, it pinged me originally for how it seems to want to show that you're having deep thoughts about the game which seemed feigned to me on a gut-level. Add to that how the post starts off saying you think Swan is v, then goes in depth explaining how Swan could be elim. Again, pinged by this because it feels like you're leaving the door open for uncertain villagers to keep paranoiding on Swan and giving them reasons to do so.

I also disliked you suspecting Penguin earlier in the turn & tying them to Ostrich, which you have now rectified so I'm feeling a bit better on that front

Tbh most of that was just the fact that I didn't have any meaningful interactions with either.

And I no longer stand by my "Ostrich e/e Penguin" since I'm inclined to think they're both v. That leaves us with Hyena, which we'll figure out later.

40 minutes ago, Oxblood Beagle said:

Let me know if I'm misreading you for something to do with your CR.

I mean I feel like most general suspicions of me have come from the fact that my reads change a lot. 

I'll admit, I am trying a new playstyle similar to Orlok (but not really), which normally entails infrequent, large posts, but I have my normal playstyle bleeding through, and that's probably what you're detecting.

That's why I asked for the reasoning behind your suspicion 

19 minutes ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Speaking of reads lists. Could I see yours? You've done a lot of asking a lot of questions and not as much of directly saying things you think.

I'm not really a read list kind of guy!!! All of the above mentioned are in my poe in some shape or form.

generally im not going to make readslists unless i feel its important. thats just how i tend to work- i like to think my opinioins can be seen as i post regardless.

generally tr/tl (unordered, bold more certain): vulture/scorp/mouse/swan/falcon/albatross/lion/beagle/chameleon/kangaroo

upper poe: ostritch/dingo/penguin

mid poe: weasel/crocodile/heron/zebra

bottom poe: elephant/meerkat/flamingo/hyena

Yes! What's a 'bideo', Iguana! What is the cat's name! 1083709163856723968.gif 

i... think i probably deserve a hyena reread because i thought something from them was lightly towny on initial readthrough. ill have to check :P.

This reads as village because e!Iguana doesn't re-read! 

bideo bame= silly way to say video game. the cat is unnamed i stole him from a friend

mafia iguana very much DOES re-read tyvm. now what.

@Amethyst Scorpion

[OOC: Simply put, I had an IRL engagement, and was typing up my RP as fast as I could. I noticed that Dragonfly posted while I was writing, but I left as soon as I posted and I did not read Dragonfly's post until around an hour after rollover. At that point, I regretted not changing my vote, because Dragonfly seemed to be genuinely focused on analysis, which is a good thing in my opinion, but it was too late]