Pirates (of the Caribbean) RP— Come Join!

ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

Ok, if you read the interest thread, you know the just. This is an rp that will primarily take place on a ship. Time Period is the same as the movies. Magic…the movies. So not…really… but you may fight something magical. 

We each will have a role, that is up to you.

We will let plot come as we go.

Try to avoid: “bob contemplated life” Just avoid posts with no real meaning in them besides posting, you all know what I mean, and know what to do. Make it good.

All I want for the character sheet:

Spoiler

Name:
Position on ship (I.e. cook): 

History (expirience/life story):

Special skill:

Just fill it in it isn’t that complicated. Let’s do this!

Those who have expressed interest:

@Canada Lover 

@Ookla the foolish

@Lord Ookla the -3rd

@.....

@Ookla the Magician

@Ati16

@Ookla the Silver

@Ookla the Believer

Name: Jay

Position on ship: Captain, and feel free to make a first mate and second and such.

History (expirience/life story): Originally born as a poor shoemaker, his mother wanted him to have nothing to do with sailing, as it was dangerous. However he took to the sea when he turned 20 after hearing a story of Gold out west. His ship made it safely to the Caribbean, but he was framed by crew members and sentenced to death. He ran away, and lived in hiding, but couldn’t stay away from the sea. He joined a pirates crew as no other ship would allow him. After going, he slowly worked his position until he took this ship from its previous Captain, one of great reputation. He has fought in many battles, including against the British navy. He won a particularly famous bout against three ships at once. He also has amassed much gold buried in a very small island that only he know where is. 

Special skill: He is very proficient with a pistol, sword, and sleight of hand. 

The Captain stared at this small, clouded mirror. The dark spot on his hand still stained his skin noticeably. He realized that no matter how much scrubbing he did, it probably wouldn’t come me off. That would defeat its purpose. He wondered why he had been targeted, although he had a suspicion… Jay straightened his coat and walked out if his room to see the crew. It was clear and sunny. Good wind, nice waters. It should’ve been a great day.

Definitely don’t have pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack playing.

Edited by ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

Name: Pol (he/him)

Position on ship (I.e. cook): Cabinboy!!

History (expirience/life story): Young, eager, dreams of being an awesome pirate but is also very clumsy. He ran away from home to become a pirate. He's also probably about 14, he's a chipper lil fella

Special skill: He's awesome at sewing, wounds, clothes, shoes, whatever, but embarrassed to admit it.

Pol ran over to the captain's cabin and pounded on the door. "Captain! Captain! Do you need anything?"

8 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

“No no pol, I am just coming out. Jay opened the door. “Go help the cook”.

"Yes sir!" Pol said, puffing up his chest and saluting, then turning and sprinting towards the galley, barging through the various sailors.

40 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Name: Selina (she/her)
Position on ship (I.e. cook): Cook

History (expirience/life story): About 40, been living the pirate life for a long time.

Special skill: can make anything taste bad.

“Finally, you’re here boy. Get to washing those pots.”

@Ookla the Believer

Name: Cabin Boy

Position on ship (I.e. cook): Cabin Boy

History (expirience/life story): Early 20s, you picked him up right before this adventure, so he is pretty new. He is rather poor, but hopeful, and has always wanted to become a sailor, and unknowingly joined the crew, not realizing it was a pirate ship.

Special skill: is good at being a Cabin Boy.

You can veto any of this.

I probably won't have much time to be on this.

The Cabin Boy scrubbed the deck thoughtfully. He had finally done it. He had become a sailor, and was going to become the best gosh darn sailor you'd ever see. But he also enjoyed being a Cabin Boy.

Darn it. I wanted to be the cook.

Name: William (most just call him Bill)

Position on the ship: first mate

History: was born into a british noble family, but escaped to become a pirate. He is fiercly loyal to the captain. He is about 31 years old.

Skills: is good with a sword and a pistol. 

Bill inspected the ship. Everyone was doing their job effectively. Everything was just how it should be. He wandered to the galley to get some food.

7 hours ago, Ookla the foolish said:

“Finally, you’re here boy. Get to washing those pots.”

@Ookla the Believer

Pol huffed out a long breath. This was not what pirates were supposed to do. He started scrubbing.

1 hour ago, Canada Lover said:

Name: Cabin Boy

Position on ship (I.e. cook): Cabin Boy

History (expirience/life story): Early 20s, you picked him up right before this adventure, so he is pretty new. He is rather poor, but hopeful, and has always wanted to become a sailor, and unknowingly joined the crew, not realizing it was a pirate ship.

Special skill: is good at being a Cabin Boy.

The Cabin Boy scrubbed the deck thoughtfully. He had finally done it. He had become a sailor, and was going to become the best gosh darn sailor you'd ever see. But he also enjoyed being a Cabin Boy.

*gasps* but I’m the cabin boy…

it’s okay. There can be two.

36 minutes ago, Ati16 said:

Bill inspected the ship. Everyone was doing their job effectively. Everything was just how it should be. He wandered to the galley to get some food.

Pol saw him and perked up. “Hi! Hi mister first mate sir! Can I help you?”

1 hour ago, Ookla the Believer said:

Pol huffed out a long breath. This was not what pirates were supposed to do. He started scrubbing.

Pol saw him and perked up. “Hi! Hi mister first mate sir! Can I help you?”

“Yes. I’m hungry and am looking for something to eat. Preferably something that isn’t burned.”

2 hours ago, Ati16 said:

Jay called for Bill. They needed to talk. The map may have been faulty. If it was, there would be very bad consequences.

Name: Jim Ironhand
Position on ship (I.e. cook): Helmsman/Navigator

History (expirience/life story):He was the son of a Mapmaker who died mysteriously at sea while he was young. He traveled around, collecting maps and trying to learn what happened to his father. He became a pirate once he ran out of money to try and continue funding his research.

Special skill:Navigating, cartography, Using a hook to do things. He also is good at catching and cooking fish.

Jim stood at the helm of the ship, staring off into the horizon. this didn't mean he wasn't paying attention, every few minutes he checked his compass and map to ensure that the ship was still on course. but his job didn't require much thought and it gave him plenty of time to watch the waves crash across the sea, birds flying among the clouds and smell the salty ocean air. 

Name: Zachary 

Position on ship (I.e. cook): 

Quartermaster.

History (expirience/life story):

Zach was in the British navy some 20 years ago, but left when his ship was was sunk. He later turned to piracy, and is presumed dead by his family.

Special skill: Really obsessive about numbers.

2 minutes ago, Lord Ookla the -3rd said:

Jim stood at the helm of the ship, staring off into the horizon. this didn't mean he wasn't paying attention, every few minutes he checked his compass and map to ensure that the ship was still on course. but his job didn't require much thought and it gave him plenty of time to watch the waves crash across the sea, birds flying among the clouds and smell the salty ocean air. 

DAMN IT

3 minutes ago, Lord Ookla the -3rd said:

Zach walks up to Jim, "Still on course?"

Edited by Ookla the Silver
I WAS NAVIGATOR

14 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Jay called for Bill. They needed to talk. The map may have been faulty. If it was, there would be very bad consequences.

Bill quickly grabbed a biscuit and headed towards the captain’s cabin. “What is it sir?” Bill asked saluting

18 minutes ago, Ookla the Silver said:

Zach walks up to Jim, "Still on course?"

“Of course we are. I know exactly where we are, where we’re going and when we’ll get there.” Jim replies. He’s offended that someone would doubt hit abilities. He had steered this ship for a long time and didn’t like burning questioned. “Why do you ask?”

30 minutes ago, Lord Ookla the -3rd said:

“Of course we are. I know exactly where we are, where we’re going and when we’ll get there.” Jim replies. He’s offended that someone would doubt hit abilities. He had steered this ship for a long time and didn’t like burning questioned. “Why do you ask?”

"Just wondering when we'll re-supply. If all goes well we'll run out of oranges in 8 days."

Name: Merinn
Position on ship (I.e. cook): Treasurer (?) / treasure expert / Guy who looks at what you stole and tells you exactly how much it's worth (what do you call that?) / other general pirate business 

History (expirience/life story): Merinn was born to a wealthy family in London, and was apprenticed to a very famous jewelry company at a young age. He spent over ten years there, learning about jewel and precious metal identification, metallurgy, jewelry making and other such things. He completely fell in love with it all.

The jewels, that is, not the job. 

One day, after deciding it would be fun, Merinn robbed the company silly, taking every scrap of precious metal with him. Then he ran off into the sunset.

He joined a pirate crew because he thought it would be fun and he likes shiny things.

Special skill: "Merinn no." "MERINN YES." , generally morally questionable , extremely loyal until he isn't.

Merinn was leaning against the banister looking at the sea, and humming to himself.

1 hour ago, Ati16 said:

Bill quickly grabbed a biscuit and headed towards the captain’s cabin. “What is it sir?” Bill asked saluting

"Wait-Mister-bye bye!" Pol turned back to the pot he was scrubbing, then promptly dropped it on his toe and howled.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Believer said:

"Wait-Mister-bye bye!" Pol turned back to the pot he was scrubbing, then promptly dropped it on his toe and howled.

“Foolish boy,” Selina muttered. Then she smelled something burning. Again. “Looks like more burnt potatoes tonight.”

22 minutes ago, Ookla the foolish said:

“Foolish boy,” Selina muttered. Then she smelled something burning. Again. “Looks like more burnt potatoes tonight.”

Merinn entered the kitchen, for lack of anything else to do. "What's for lunch?"

35 minutes ago, Ookla the foolish said:

Pol groaned, picking up the pan. "But I don't like burned potatoes!"

4 hours ago, Ati16 said:

“The map. We should have reached the island but now.” He held out an old faded map. He pointed at an tiny island that seemed around where they were.

1 minute ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

“The map. We should have reached the island but now.” He held out an old faded map. He pointed at an tiny island that seemed around where they were.

Bill inspected the map. “Where did you get this map? It does seem outdated. I suggest we ask our navigator why we haven’t arrived.”

Just now, Ati16 said:

Bill inspected the map. “Where did you get this map? It does seem outdated. I suggest we ask our navigator why we haven’t arrived.”

“I…you can’t tell you I really am sorry.” He had gotten it from the same man who had given him the dark blob on his palm. The Captain fidgeted. “I need to show you something.” He held out his hand. He held out the black spot. 

2 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

“I…you can’t tell you I really am sorry.” He had gotten it from the same man who had given him the dark blob on his palm. The Captain fidgeted. “I need to show you something.” He held out his hand. He held out the black spot. 

Bill gasped. “I… sir I’ve only heard stories… the black spot… I didn’t know it actually existed. I’m not as superstitious as the others. How did you get it?”

4 minutes ago, Ati16 said:

Bill gasped. “I… sir I’ve only heard stories… the black spot… I didn’t know it actually existed. I’m not as superstitious as the others. How did you get it?”

Merinn wandered up behind them because he was bored. "What's that?"