Hi there!

Misheru

Hello, all lovely folks of 17th shard! I'm Michelle, I'm 26 and I live in Norway with my husband and three cats. I found Brandon via Wheel of Time (I got the same handle on Dragonmount, where I also hang out), and I'm so happy I did; I truly love his books. I've read Stormlight Archive, Mistborn (+ Alloy of law), Elantris, Warbreaker, Emperors Soul and The Rithmaist (I probably wrote that wrong). Still got some left!

I just finished a reread of Words of Radiance and Warbreaker, so I'm here looking for discussions on (spoilers on both books after the break)

what it means for Vasher and Nightblood to show up in WoR

so if anyone could point me in the right direction for that I'd be very grateful!

Nice to meet you all ^_^ I don't expect I'll be the most active member; my RL is very meh and I have limited energy, but I'm looking forward to have the opportunity to hang out with other Sanderson fans :)

Here, have a kitty picture:

10458477_10152452336441830_4302593042495

Hello there, and welcome to the 17th Shard! If you don't already know about the Cosmere, I highly recommend you read up at the Cosmere 101 thread. It might contain minor spoilers for the third book in the Mistborn trilogy, so I highly recommend you read that one first if you haven't already. If you want more theories and ideas concerning Chapter 88 of Words of Radiance, check out the Words of Radiance subforum under the Stormlight Archive section. You might find similar cameos and theories pertaining to them under Cosmere Theories as well.

All that aside, we're glad to have you here, and hope you enjoy your visits, however short or infrequent they may be.

Welcome friend! Take an upvote, a doughnut, and a spike proof vest :) 

I'm assuming since you mentioned Szeth and everyone's favorite talking sword you know at least the basic premises of the cosmere?

Yeah, I know the basic facts, and a bit about Hoid and some of the more obvious worldhoppers (such as those searching for Hoid in WoK).

Most speficially, the discussions I'm looking for is

How did Vasher and Nightblood get separated?

Where is Vivenna in this?

What does this mean for the world where Warbreaker is set? (I don't remember all the world names yet)

also generally curious about anything regarding what we learn in WoR concering that very specific Cosmere-connection, been reading some topics in the Cosmere theories forum, very interesting.

Minor spoilers about the top discussed.

The basic answer is we don't really know what was going on.
My personal opinion is that there was a fair amount of time between the books and that any number of things could have happened. We also don't know a lot about the prehistory of Warbreaker, and that could affect things a lot. We can tell a few things, especially from the Zahel interlude. It was so short though, nothing that could be basis for concrete theories. The biggest thing it tells is that Vasher misses Nightblood and he hasn't had him in a while..
Some people think Vivenna must be dead, but there's lots of possibilities there. If Demoux and Galladon can still be around during Stormlight Archive, than she could be unaging too. Or maybe not a whole lifetime has passed. The gap between these two is a bit of a grey area in the chronology. She could be staying back at Nalthis. She could be in some other part of Roshar. She could be nearby on Roshar, she could even have made some minor appearance nobody know about yet, anything's possible.
One thing we can assume is that Vasher is involved in something
There will eventually be a warbreaker sequel one day and I think that it will give us some answers, but not all of them. Brandon says it's not specifically about these things and it'll be set on Nalthis. It could maybe lead up to the seperation at the end. But there's at least one book in between when we last saw him, and when we've seen him now, plus at least a few years. And with all the crazy things that can happen in one of Brandon's novels we can tell there's a LOT going on we have no way of knowing about yet.

Oh you don't want LeftVash's baked goods or protective gear, he wouldn't know how to protect against spikes, he got his meme spiked by er... someone.

Come to the Dark Alley, we have much better doughnuts and cookies. :) 

Sorry about that, we're members of various guilds/societies/clans in that section of the forums and we make it a point to offer our individual baked goods to all newcomers. :)  Voidus puts Spikes in his, I put a bit of spice in mine, the Herd will give you muffins, and The Wafflesworn will give you various types of highly dangerous waffles.

As Purelake said, we have nothing absolute about what's going on with Nightblood and how he's been moving around. Supposedly there's enough stuff about what happened for a book, but Brandon's not interested in writing that right now. It might just come out through WoB's.

I hate to break it to you, but spike proof vests don't work anymore because of recent advances in DA sales technology: http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/16335-hemalurgic-bullets/

Not that you'd need it anyway.

(Psst Voidius, do you remember were the sales points are for saidar?)

Hello, all lovely folks of 17th shard! I'm Michelle, I'm 26 and I live in Norway with my husband and three cats. I found Brandon via Wheel of Time (I got the same handle on Dragonmount, where I also hang out), and I'm so happy I did; I truly love his books. I've read Stormlight Archive, Mistborn (+ Alloy of law), Elantris, Warbreaker, Emperors Soul and The Rithmaist (I probably wrote that wrong). Still got some left!

I just finished a reread of Words of Radiance and Warbreaker, so I'm here looking for discussions on (spoilers on both books after the break)

what it means for Vasher and Nightblood to show up in WoR

so if anyone could point me in the right direction for that I'd be very grateful!

Nice to meet you all ^_^ I don't expect I'll be the most active member; my RL is very meh and I have limited energy, but I'm looking forward to have the opportunity to hang out with other Sanderson fans :)

Here, have a kitty picture:

10458477_10152452336441830_4302593042495

Welcome to 17th Shard.

What are your cats' names? They are adorable! :)

• Chaos locked this topic