Tracking Via Connection

Trusk'our

We've seen that the Messengers in the CR can track someone via Connection, so could others who could see Connection use the same method to track someone anywhere they may be?

Additionally, would one go about doing this by collecting objects that have value to the person perhaps, as those are more likely to have a Connection attached to them so they could have a trail to follow? Honestly, hiding from people in the future of the Cosmere may prove somewhat difficult without F-duralumin or A-copper.

(Originally, the thought of the Returned being able to read people's paintings made me think of this possibility even though it's possible that isn't necessarily related to Connection)

8 hours ago, Trusk'our said:

We've seen that the Messengers in the CR can track someone via Connection, so could others who could see Connection use the same method to track someone anywhere they may be?

With what we know about Connection right now, I think you need something more than seeing Connections to be able to track people - yes, you can follow the Connection line, there is no problem with that, but if you want to know where they are, you would likely need more than that. Something as strong as "Koloss bond" or Nahel Bond gives you a feeling where your spren is, so you might need to steal/copy that Connection and strengthen it enough to feel it. But Heralds, despite having strong Connection to each other from the Oathpact, couldn't feel each other's presence, even before Aharietiam. However I doubt this is how the Messengers are doing this. I wonder how they are doing this, they probably have some device for that, maybe even Awakened one.