Perception and Healing Clothes

Trusk'our

Cosmere healing is almost always filtered through the wielder's perception of themselves.

Does this mean that, theoretically, a person could become really, really attached to an article of clothing, always wearing it and keeping it close to the extent that it could become ingrained into their perception of themselves so that when they healed (F-gold or Surgebinding) that the clothing would "heal" too?

I imagine you'd almost need a form of obsession to make this work, but would it be possible to make happen?

I don't know about you but you make me imaginable Wayne getting shot at putting up a Bendalloy bubble it getting deflected and hitting his hat instead, his lucky one and then him tapping gold to fix his hat. I think this could happen, I think it have to be the kind of thing where everybody, yourself included, when they think of you just imagine the clothing too and they can't separate the thought of you and the clothing, Probably also would have to wear it 24/7.

Edited by .....

I think you couldn’t do it without making stronger than natural connections in the spiritual realm so I don’t think it could be a cognitive thing. I think maybe if you had healed around it like maybe if iyatle had her mask broken it might be able to be healed by an edge dancer. So maybe if Wayne had to have a skin graft on his head and instead healed around his hat then it might heal the next time. (Also does anyone know how the heck some of the southern scadrians grow their mask into their faces)

12 hours ago, Trusk'our said:

Cosmere healing is almost always filtered through the wielder's perception of themselves.

Does this mean that, theoretically, a person could become really, really attached to an article of clothing, always wearing it and keeping it close to the extent that it could become ingrained into their perception of themselves so that when they healed (F-gold or Surgebinding) that the clothing would "heal" too?

I imagine you'd almost need a form of obsession to make this work, but would it be possible to make happen?

No, because that isn't part of youe soul. It's a piece of clothing. Unless you're a Cognitive Shadow without any physical body, or a Splinter, you can't "heal" your clothes. It's not alive, it isn't part of you, and I doubt just perception could change that.