Award Quest

Aeshdan

Zas didn't just get it for having a suit. Here's the description:

Awarded for being of extraordinary help - and impeccable fashion - during the Alloy of Line and midnight release party. All Hail the Man with the Suit!

Unless you plan on wearing the suit to an event, I don't think you'll get this award, and it might have just been custom made to thank Zas.

We are going to have a lot more awards that are actually attainable very shortly. I hadn't expected to get the award system up sooner without some good contests for it, but then Alloy came around and there were a lot of random awards given out. Sorry.

But there will be awards. We're brainstorming up new ones that we can give on a more regular basis.

(Technically though that Reporter one isn't just useful in Utah. But for practical reasons you can only get it once a year, on book tour)

It might have just been custom made to thank Zas.

This.

There have also been instances when a random award was made just because one of the admins thought it needed an award. See: The Chef Award, The Perfect 20. Also, since the Awards system is, in fact, a work in progress, you'll have better luck suggesting good awards to us. ;)

Also, since the Awards system is, in fact, a work in progress, you'll have better luck suggesting good awards to us. ;)

Ok, my suggestion: The Eerongal award. Awarded for being Eerongal

[/slam dunk award idea]

cool.gif

Yeah, who needs awards that we can give on a regular basis anyways? :P

Well, my hope with this awesome award idea is to inspire an army of Eerongal impersonators on a quest to attain an award. Then, once my army of internet clones is complete, i can step in and assume control.

Well, my hope with this awesome award idea is to inspire an army of Eerongal impersonators on a quest to attain an award. Then, once my army of internet clones is complete, i can step in and assume control.

You do realize that now you've revealed your evil plot the hero can vanquish you and go home?

You do realize that now you've revealed your evil plot the hero can vanquish you and go home?

well, see, all i have to do is phrase everything so that i'm the rebellious, out for the people underdog, and them i'm basically guaranteed victory.

well, see, all i have to do is phrase everything so that i'm the rebellious, out for the people underdog, and them i'm basically guaranteed victory.

... you're obviously new to this, arent you :rolleyes:

stop revealin' yo plans, duuuuude.

Various quotes from above for my post.

... you're obviously new to this, arent you :rolleyes:

stop revealin' yo plans, duuuuude.

Eerongal. read this and don't come back until you have finished. Now.

Various quotes from above for my post.

Eerongal. read this and don't come back until you have finished. Now.

Ha! the evil overlord's list. Man, i haven't read that since like.....1999 or somewhere around there. I just know i was still in highschool. Good stuff from the internet's childhood. Didn't know they had a copy of it on TVtropes (though it makes sense)

Ha! the evil overlord's list. Man, i haven't read that since like.....1999 or somewhere around there. I just know i was still in highschool. Good stuff from the internet's childhood. Didn't know they had a copy of it on TVtropes (though it makes sense)

Its bigger now. Containg around a thousand or so rules. My personal favorite is what to do when you ecounter time traveling aliens with blue boxes.

How about an award for proposing a theory and it turning out to be accurate afterwards, either because of Brandon's confirmation or in future books?

You say the description of the 'Dedicated' award has a clue, Windrunner? Then I'm dumber than I thought...

How about an award for proposing a theory and it turning out to be accurate afterwards, either because of Brandon's confirmation or in future books?

I like this a lot.

That's one I've actually considered making. I'm mainly concerned with having to track it, and also the criteria of what constitutes a "confirmed" theory (outright confirmation vs applied, etc), and whether writing your own individual theory thread vs contributing something new to existing theory discussions makes a difference. The potential gray area there is concerning, but that's definitely one on the "possible" list.

Also, yes, there is a clue, but it's in the same place as the thing you get the award for doing, so it's not too terribly helpful.

I like this a lot.

That's one I've actually considered making. I'm mainly concerned with having to track it, and also the criteria of what constitutes a "confirmed" theory (outright confirmation vs applied, etc), and whether writing your own individual theory thread vs contributing something new to existing theory discussions makes a difference. The potential gray area there is concerning, but that's definitely one on the "possible" list.

Also, yes, there is a clue, but it's in the same place as the thing you get the award for doing, so it's not too terribly helpful.

I SO like this idea. In fact... *Picard Voice* MAKE IT SO!!!