Already experienced a ban

OwaynOTT

Hey fellow people who like reading books by a certain author. I'm new to the forum and im looking forward to greeting down and dirty about some cosmere stuff.

Oh and i managed to get banned before I even made a post. Pre-emptive bans aren't enough to stop me having my say!

Hey fellow people who like reading books by a certain author. I'm new to the forum and im looking forward to greeting down and dirty about some cosmere stuff.

Oh and i managed to get banned before I even made a post. Pre-emptive bans aren't enough to stop me having my say!

huh. That's weird, i wonder if it got caught on some sort of spam filter out there. What was the username you tried before?

Also, welcome to 17th shard! :P

No, the spam filters caught him on that username, and he emailed me to sort it out. We at 17th Shard try and make the best first impressions, you see :P

Well, I'm glad that's finally been sorted out, and you didn't go ragequitting!

Welcome! :D

No, the spam filters caught him on that username, and he emailed me to sort it out. We at 17th Shard try and make the best first impressions, you see :P

Well, I'm glad that's finally been sorted out, and you didn't go ragequitting!

Welcome! :D

Huh, that's odd. What rules of the spam filter was that username violating that caught it? It doesn't look that suspicious to me (but im not a computer program, so.....) :P

Hey hey now, Ireland is not a weird foreign country, more accurately it's a foreign country that hasn't got two cents to rub together.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm now off to do a re-read of Way of Kings and to finish off the Mistborn series.

One question is there any major spoilers in Alloy of Law for the previous Mistborn books? So wanna read it.

One question is there any major spoilers in Alloy of Law for the previous Mistborn books? So wanna read it.

nothing major, other than 'the world wasn't destroyed' and the like. They are near enough separate worlds, though the magics are the same, and some character reappearances (Hoid for one, some of the more major characters of Mistborn)

Hey hey now, Ireland is not a weird foreign country, more accurately it's a foreign country that hasn't got two cents to rub together.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm now off to do a re-read of Way of Kings and to finish off the Mistborn series.

I know it's not a weird foreign country, haha. But trust me, the spambots love to use foreign domains like that. Most of them try something of that nature.

It's fairly stand-aloneish, but you get more out of the book if you had read the trilogy first. Brandon made a delicate balance and he did a good job on not alienating new readers, but I can't imagine going into it without reading the trilogy.

I know it's not a weird foreign country, haha. But trust me, the spambots love to use foreign domains like that. Most of them try something of that nature.

It's fairly stand-aloneish, but you get more out of the book if you had read the trilogy first. Brandon made a delicate balance and he did a good job on not alienating new readers, but I can't imagine going into it without reading the trilogy.

Yeah, you could, certainly, read it without reading the first set of books, but at the same time, this one doesn't exactly explain the magic system as thoroughly (at least in my opinion). Also, there's several points where they refer to things in history/mythology/etc. and such that you can directly draw backwards to events in the original books that will go over your head and just come off as back story for the setting. Which won't stop you from reading and enjoying it, it's just that there's so much more to it if you've read the originals :P

Don't worry. College won't get in the way once you have your spikes. In fact, not much of anything will get in your way.

Depends on which spikes you get. Feruchemical zinc would fit the job.

I see what you two are doing, sacrificing the new guy to avoid getting spiked yourselves... I'm fairly sure that's against the rules.. TO THE SPIKEPIT!! :D

Yeah, you could, certainly, read it without reading the first set of books, but at the same time, this one doesn't exactly explain the magic system as thoroughly (at least in my opinion). Also, there's several points where they refer to things in history/mythology/etc. and such that you can directly draw backwards to events in the original books that will go over your head and just come off as back story for the setting. Which won't stop you from reading and enjoying it, it's just that there's so much more to it if you've read the originals :P

Ive read Final Empire so I have an idea of what's going on. I've decided to hold off on the new one and read the other two first, so then I can get more involved on here.