I do believe introductions are in order...

Deoradhan

Hi, all.

As is my custom across the internet, I go by the name Deoradhan. I first became acquainted with the works of Brandon Sanderson via a link from the time-devouring monstrosity known as tvtropes.org, and their excellent article on Mistborn. From there, I started Warbreaker, finished the Mistborn trilogy, and found myself fascinated with the magic systems and cultures presented therein. It was a natural step from there to peruse the annotations on the website, followed shortly by taking the finely-crafted link to this website. Having lurked for a short time, the discussion seemed interesting enough that I wanted to join in.

As for myself - I am an 18-something Calgarian student intending to enter into a study of economics. In the rare time I am not reading, I can be found playing tennis, skiing, and debating.

I look forward to a long time of enjoyable discussion.

And beware of Joe- he will attempt to capture your soul by giving you what he calls "a nickname".

Seriously though, welcome! We're glad to have you on our site. Depending on your length and depth of lurking, you may want to check out Cosmere 101.

Economics eh? So what are you hoping to do with that?

And beware of Joe- he will attempt to capture your soul by giving you what he calls "a nickname".

:D :D :D darn, now I'm going to have to think of one :P

That's certainly an interesting way to come about an author, via TVTropes... lol, had you read any WoT before hand?

I come back to you on the nickname :P

Yeah, I had read some WoT, but I came to it the same way, so...

Yeah, the gateway drug comment is completely appropriate. I've discovered a whole bunch of stuff I really liked via it.

Hey, by the way, I've never read Elantris before. And I thought it could be cool to do a commentated, chapter-by-chapter read through. I've read everything else cosmere-y, aside from the unpublished works, so that could be an interesting perspective. What forum would it be appropriate for me to post something like that in?

Yeah, I had read some WoT, but I came to it the same way, so...

Yeah, the gateway drug comment is completely appropriate. I've discovered a whole bunch of stuff I really liked via it.

Hey, by the way, I've never read Elantris before. And I thought it could be cool to do a commentated, chapter-by-chapter read through. I've read everything else cosmere-y, aside from the unpublished works, so that could be an interesting perspective. What forum would it be appropriate for me to post something like that in?

Elantris, but with spoilers in the name of the topic.

• Chaos locked this topic