I think I exist now

Insert Name Here

Hello all! I binge-read all of the cosmere (except White Sand and Sunlit Man) in a few months, and am only now, a month later, coming into the fandom. I have a few really bad theories, and probably don't know everything people here have compiled, but I'll try my best! My favorite series Brandon has written is Mistborn, though I can't choose between eras 1 and 2.

3 minutes ago, Insert Name Here said:

Hello all! I binge-read all of the cosmere (except White Sand and Sunlit Man) in a few months, and am only now, a month later, coming into the fandom. I have a few really bad theories, and probably don't know everything people here have compiled, but I'll try my best! My favorite series Brandon has written is Mistborn, though I can't choose between eras 1 and 2.

Welcome to the Shard. Both Mistborn are good series i can agree with you on that. Who is your favourite character?

1 hour ago, Insert Name Here said:

Welcome! I'm assuming you play dnd thanks to your pfp..... what Sanderson powersets do you think would be best adapted in 5e?

2 hours ago, Insert Name Here said:

Welcome to the Shard friend!

What's your favorite aspect of Mistborn? Also, what's your favorite Metallic Art?

2 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Welcome! I'm assuming you play dnd thanks to your pfp..... what Sanderson powersets do you think would be best adapted in 5e?

I play way too much D&D! It's a hard choice, but I'd say probably allomancy. I can see so many ways pushing and pulling on metals would be really fun, and using duralumin for some kind of magicy thing would be great. If I made the adaptation though, I'd probably have to get rid of the emotionally manipulating ones because of player abuse. The time ones would be fun... My brain is exploding with ideas. how did I not think of this before.

2 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Who is your favorite see stormlight character?

I really like the sheer contrast between Dalinar and Taravangian, so probably one of them.

Edited by Insert Name Here

1 hour ago, Trusk'our said:

Welcome to the Shard friend!

What's your favorite aspect of Mistborn? Also, what's your favorite Metallic Art?

I really like the setting in era 1 and the characters in era 2, and also mistborn was my intro to the cosmere, so it just imprinted on me or something. And my favorite metallic art is Feruchemy, I just think it has so many applications and I would probably like being a Ferring more that a Misting. It just seems really cool to be able to store something up.

7 hours ago, Insert Name Here said:

May I ask why not White Sand? Do you just not enjoy the Graphic Novel Medium? I discuss the various ways to read White Sand in this thread. Now that the Omnibus is out, you may consider giving White Sand another look.

6 hours ago, Insert Name Here said:

I really like the setting in era 1 and the characters in era 2, and also mistborn was my intro to the cosmere, so it just imprinted on me or something.

Same here; Mistborn the Final Empire was my first Sanderson book and it really made me come to love the Cosmere, which is one of the reasons Scadrial is my favorite world in the Cosmere. It's stories are also my favorite too; I love the setting, the characters, the worldbuilding, the actions scenes, the emotional scenes, and the magic system is amazing.

6 hours ago, Insert Name Here said:

And my favorite metallic art is Feruchemy, I just think it has so many applications and I would probably like being a Ferring more that a Misting. It just seems really cool to be able to store something up.

Nice! @Koloss17 started a thread talking about all the Feruchemical metals and there's a lot that can be done with each one.

I think my favorite magic system has to be Hemalurgy though, because it's powerful but has good balancing mechanisms, and there's just so many interactions that can be done with it and they're fun to come up with.