I need more Lerisium

Xiahida

There will be spoilers. You have been warned, also sorry if my typing is weird my hands are shaking and I can't think straight

In TLM Wax splits Harmonium, probably due to the fact that Sazed isn't stable and Ruin and Preservation aren't really one Shard.

How many other ways can you make solid Investature.

1. Manifesting Splinters, ex: Spren, seons

2. Perpendicularity Harmonium somewhere in the South

3. A Shard directly granting it, I think Raysium is an example? (If enough people sing the Song of Prayer can you solidify the Voidlight

Any others? WOBs perhaps?

5 minutes ago, Xiahida said:

There will be spoilers. You have been warned, also sorry if my typing is weird my hands are shaking and I can't think straight

In TLM Wax splits Harmonium, probably due to the fact that Sazed isn't stable and Ruin and Preservation aren't really one Shard.

How many other ways can you make solid Investature.

1. Manifesting Splinters, ex: Spren, seons

2. Perpendicularity Harmonium somewhere in the South

3. A Shard directly granting it, I think Raysium is an example? (If enough people sing the Song of Prayer can you solidify the Voidlight

Any others? WOBs perhaps?

Yes, Shards can create it, but god metals is investiture from SR leaking naturally into the world, so you will find some pocket where god metal is created.

You technically could Soulcast something into a god metal, but that would require ridiculous amounts of investiture, so large that even Dalinar with his perpendicularity can't deliver it. This method isn't really practical, humans generally have no means of creating god metals as that requires too much investiture.

Another technicality - Nightblood can be considered a god metal by now (however it is still a steel sword, definitions kind of gets muddy here), so another way would be to invest something to ridiculous amounts, but again, that requires too much investiture, unavailable for regular people.

I don't get your 2nd point - Harmonium placed together in large quantities will generate a perpendicularity, but that's not creation of Harmonium - Harmonium is created naturally in the South - investiture leaks into Scadrial and forms as Harmonium, just like it was with Atium during Era 1. Also we don't know from where Raysium came from, we know it's rare and really difficult to get. No, the Song of Prayer won't solidify Voidlight.

Spoiler

Haylo_Alex

You've said before that Soulcasting can't create atium or lerasium which makes sense since they're made of Investiture from other Shards. But could a Soulcaster, perhaps in the proximity of Dalinar's perpendicularity, provide enough Stormlight to Soulcast something into Honor's Godmetal (tanavastium)? What about Cultivation's metal, or an alloy of both, like Shardblade metal?

Brandon Sanderson

So, creating a God Metal is not something that's done easily in the Cosmere. HOWEVER, it is possible. You'd need a ton of Investiture, and being near Dalinar's perpendicularity is unlikely to be enough. I'd say Soulcasting, or something akin to it, has the means to do this if it could obtain the proper power charge.

Footnote: The questioner is mentioning this WoB.
General Reddit 2020 (Sept. 4, 2020)

Spoiler

Kael_the_Adventurer

Did Nightblood's Awakening transform it into a God Metal?

Brandon Sanderson

*hesitant* Yes, you could say that.

Adam Horne

Was that a permanent change, or was that just while...

Brandon Sanderson

You can argue that Nightblood is a God Metal. Is he? You could argue otherwise as well. How about that?

YouTube Spoiler Stream 4 (June 16, 2022)

Spoiler

BlackYeti

Can I ask you about the body of a Shard in the Physical Realm? About the different states of matter. What determines the state of matter that they are in? Because I've been reading the bits very carefully, and I haven't noticed much in terms of temperature difference.

Brandon Sanderson

The idea for me working on this was that they transcend-- They permeate everything, right? They permeate all life on all the Realms. And that there are manifestations of them that leak out, and it's kind of like they make-- they appear there in the various states but-- When you say that you've got the gas, you've got the liquid, you've got the solid: but you've also got inside of you, and inside of that plant, and like-- they're everywhere. And so what determines it? In my head it's just like when some of that power permeates, some of it distills, just like water. There's some water in the air, there's some that freezes: that's temperature. But it's not always temperature whether it's in the air, or whether it's falling. Imagine a Spiritual version of humidity, that is influenced by what's happening on the Spiritual Realm and the Cognitive, and that's what you'll get.

Manchester signing (Aug. 6, 2014)

1 hour ago, Xiahida said:

Are you okay? Like, is the shaking from excitement from the questions being asked, or is it something else that's causing you harm?

3 hours ago, Xiahida said:

Echo of @Trusk'our, if you haven't done something about this, and this is not directly tied to the post, I'd recommend doing something about your physiological condition. We'll still be here, and the question is posted. If coming to the Shard and thinking about the Cosmere is a form of decompressing from whatever caused the shaking and mental disorientation, then I hope you have someone reliable near you to act as support, as I'm pretty sure posting on forums won't actually help with whatever led to your current state. If something serious is going down and you're not sure what else to do, I'd recommend contacting someone you trust. If it's something more typical like doing a 10k or a marathon and you're shaking and exhausted, that's totally fine, I'm erring on the side of caution (and probably Trusk'our is as well).

16 hours ago, Trusk'our said:

Agreed. If you need time, don't sweat it. If you need help in some way, don't be afraid to ask- nobody will judge you.

My mind was just rushing. I'm fine I just had a bunch of excess energy. I promise im fine but thanks for the support!!