Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

Just now, Exotic Almond said:

"Tal? Oops sorry, you have keys right? That's what Sunny was trying to do with me at first but, then we came here instead and then I went outside. Oh! I need to tell you how outside was! It was great! It was warm and green and comfy! Thanks for telling me about outside!"

"I'm glad," Tal said warmly. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a tiny key, just the right size for an otter. "Go up the green stairs, then the blue stairs. If you walk past the hall that smells like lavender, your room will be on the left. It has lots of windows to show you outside, and a wonderful balcony."

2 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

"I'm glad," Tal said warmly. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a tiny key, just the right size for an otter. "Go up the green stairs, then the blue stairs. If you walk past the hall that smells like lavender, your room will be on the left. It has lots of windows to show you outside, and a wonderful balcony."

"Oooh Pretty! Thank you Tal!" Then Almond whispers "The Being guy scares me. Do you think he's good or bad? He was kinda rude when he first showed up."

2 minutes ago, Exotic Almond said:

"Oooh Pretty! Thank you Tal!" Then Almond whispers "The Being guy scares me. Do you think he's good or bad? He was kinda rude when he first showed up."

"We're figuring that out," Tal whispered back. "What did he do?"

2 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

"He called people entities. That's getting rid of people's individuality and that's rude! Amy said so so it must be true!"

6 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

3 minutes ago, Exotic Almond said:

"He called people entities. That's getting rid of people's individuality and that's rude! Amy said so so it must be true!"

She breathed again, and was recovered enough mentally to step away from Pic and add quietly, "He also said something about an 'awakening' and being an ancient being. And he was cagey about where he was from."

4 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She breathed again, and was recovered enough mentally to step away from Pic and add quietly, "He also said something about an 'awakening' and being an ancient being. And he was cagey about where he was from."

"Where I come from. Your friend Elan, it is a dimension connected to his universe. We have met."

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Where I come from. Your friend Elan, it is a dimension connected to his universe. We have met."

"Oh, you have?" Tal nodded thoughtfully. "Do you know where he is?"

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

“Good.” She looked down at her closed fist with his shirt and released it. “Sorry. I just heard my…”

He nods and doesn’t press the subject. 

49 minutes ago, shortcake said:

Lundyn hugs him and climbs onto his shoulder.

Pic helps her up, and soon she is hanging onto his back. 

11 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

5 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

3 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Pics attention narrows to the Being once more. His humming increases in volume. 

7 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

3 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

"I do not. I have not seen him in much time, since we fled that universe."

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Mm..." Tal glanced at Trevor, Aventine, Pic, and Almond. "He should be here. Is he? Can one of you look around for him?"

@Spark of Hope @Cash67 @Exotic Almond

2 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

She's fine. I've just been trying to give her a little confidence boost. We both know she needs one. 

"I doubt your idea of a 'confidence boost' is anything close to what she needs."

15 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

She breathed and took a step away.

10 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

"Mm..." Tal glanced at Trevor, Aventine, Pic, and Almond. "He should be here. Is he? Can one of you look around for him?"

6 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Oh, I am sure he is well on his own. Elan is quite resilient." 

“Regardless, he can verify whether he knows you or not, and by extent, whether you’re trustworthy or not. He was in his room. I’ll go check on him.” She left and went up to his room.

20 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

18 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

15 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Oh, I am sure he is well on his own. Elan is quite resilient." 

6 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“Regardless, he can verify whether he knows you or not, and by extent, whether you’re trustworthy or not. He was in his room. I’ll go check on him.” She left and went up to his room.

Pic carries Lundyn on his shoulders and follows her to Elan's room. "I'll join as well," he hummed. 

@shortcake

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"I doubt your idea of a 'confidence boost' is anything close to what she needs."

Oh come on. At least I'm trying. Unlike you. You left her again. 

But to some degree I guess you're right. It was apparently not what she needed. 

She won't talk. She's just staring at me.

39 minutes ago, Exotic Almond said:

"Guys! Don't leave me alone with the scary man!" Almond hurriedly follows everyone else.

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

54 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Pic carries Lundyn on his shoulders and follows her to Elan's room. "I'll join as well," he hummed. 

@shortcake

As soon as everyone leaves, Tal and The Being are alone. "Very well. So be it." He says. He lashes out with his arm, not needing to move the rest of his body as it stretches out and wraps around his arm. The oily black liquid that forms The Being's arm, colder than ice, spreads out over Tal's arm in an iron hold. 

"Your soul will be the catalyst."

@Edema Rue

Now would be a good time to scream.

Edited by Ancient Elantrian

4 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

As soon as everyone leaves, Tal and The Being are alone. "Very well. So be it." He says. He lashes out with his arm, not needing to move the rest of his body as it stretches out and wraps around his arm. The oily black liquid that forms The Being's arm, colder than ice, spreads out over Tal's arm in an iron hold. 

"Your soul will be the catalyst."

@Edema Rue

You forgot about the sentient bird!

Trevor screed and clawed at the Being’s face, his wings obscuring its vision.

10 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Trevor screed and clawed at the Being’s face, his wings obscuring its vision.

He doesn't see with eyes...

Immediately a burst of the oily stuff, Essence of Infinity it is called, came out of The Being's face, enveloping Trevor. It began infecting him, attempting to consume his matter and turn it into more Essence.

4 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Immediately a burst of the oily stuff, Essence of Infinity it is called, came out of The Being's face, enveloping Trevor. It began infecting him, attempting to consume his matter and turn it into more Essence.

Trevor screed more, but the Being felt a strange block from his soul.

This one is taken. Stop interfering with me.

3 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Trevor screed more, but the Being felt a strange block from his soul.

This one is taken. Stop interfering with me.

The Being hesitated, only for a second. An energy suddenly flowed through him and he began, very very very slowly, to eat away at the soul's block.

All shall return.

2 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The Being hesitated, only for a second. An energy suddenly flowed through him and he began, very very very slowly, to eat away at the soul's block.

All shall return.

Less of a block, more of there’s not really a soul there…

Spoiler

This will spoil my idea for a villain if you read it.

Spoiler

Last warning

Spoiler

Let’s say Trevor isn’t the real “Trevor”…

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

Can you like make him run away maybe?

Cuz... well, if you don't...

My dude is the manifestation of all power contained in an entire dimension.

And will consume his body whether or not there's a soul.

The room around The Being began to turn into Essence, melting into him. He didn't grow, however, it just flowed in and seemed to disappear. 

3 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The room around The Being began to turn into Essence, melting into him. He didn't grow, however, it just flowed in and seemed to disappear. 

Yea…

With effort, Trevor broke free, but his language was even more broken.

Sorry. Tried, he sent to Tal. ( @Edema Rue)

3 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

With effort, Trevor broke free, but his language was even more broken.

Sorry. Tried, he sent to Tal. ( @Edema Rue)

The Being growled, a horrible, metallic screech. "You, little one, will DIE SOMEDAY." He hissed, his accented voice harsh and poignant. At that point the entire floor was made of Essence and Tal was nearly completely enveloped.

Ever gonna reach my room?