New here

v1n

Hello all. New to the forum, have definitely lurked a few threads before. Currently on my first read through that I started at the beginning of this year:

1. The Final Empire
  2. The Well of Ascension
  3. Hero of Ages
  4. The Eleventh Metal
  5. The Alloy of Law
  6. Allomancer Jak and the Pits of Eltania
  7. Shadows of Self
  8. The Bands of Mourning
  9. Mistborn: A Secret History
  10. The Lost Metal
  11. Elantris
  12. The Hope of Elantris
  13. The Emperor's Soul               <--------- I am here
  14. Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell
  15. Sixth of the Dusk
  16. White Sand Omnibus (Volumes 1-3)
  17. Arcanum Unbounded essays
  18. Warbreaker
  19. The Way of Kings
  20. Words of Radiance
  21. Edgedancer
  22. Oathbringer
  23. Dawnshard
  24. Rhythm of War
  25. Knights of Wind and Truth
  26. The Sunlit Man
  27. Tress of the Emerald Sea
  28. Yumi and the Nightmare Painter

• 6 months later...
Posted (edited)

Whoopsie, I didn't turn on notifications for replies so I never came back to this. I've actually been avoiding all Cosmere related stuff to fully avoid spoilers until I'm done. Here's my updated place:

1. The Final Empire
  2. The Well of Ascension
  3. Hero of Ages
  4. The Eleventh Metal
  5. The Alloy of Law
  7. Shadows of Self
  8. The Bands of Mourning
  10. The Lost Metal
  11. Elantris
  12. The Hope of Elantris
  13. The Emperor's Soul
  15. Sixth of the Dusk
  16. Warbreaker
  17. The Way of Kings
  18. Words of Radiance
  19. Edgedancer
  20. Oathbringer
  21. Dawnshard
  22. Rhythm of War
  23. Tress of the Emerald Sea
  24. Yumi and the Nightmare Painter               <--- I am here
  25. The Sunlit Man
  26. White Sand Omnibus
  27. Wind and Truth

@The Honorable One that's a tough one... Probably a tie between Words of Radiance and The Final Empire.

Edited by v1n

9 hours ago, v1n said:

Whoopsie, I didn't turn on notifications for replies so I never came back to this. I've actually been avoiding all Cosmere related stuff to fully avoid spoilers until I'm done. Here's my updated place:

1. The Final Empire
  2. The Well of Ascension
  3. Hero of Ages
  4. The Eleventh Metal
  5. The Alloy of Law
  7. Shadows of Self
  8. The Bands of Mourning
  10. The Lost Metal
  11. Elantris
  12. The Hope of Elantris
  13. The Emperor's Soul
  15. Sixth of the Dusk
  16. Warbreaker
  17. The Way of Kings
  18. Words of Radiance
  19. Edgedancer
  20. Oathbringer
  21. Dawnshard
  22. Rhythm of War
  23. Tress of the Emerald Sea
  24. Yumi and the Nightmare Painter               <--- I am here
  25. The Sunlit Man
  26. White Sand Omnibus
  27. Wind and Truth

@The Honorable One that's a tough one... Probably a tie between Words of Radiance and The Final Empire.

Ooh, you’re moving pretty quick! What have you thought of everything you’ve read in the last few months?

7 hours ago, The cheeseman said:

Welcome! Which of the Stormlight books is your favorite? Who's you favorite character from the series?

Thank you! Ooo, I think for Stormlight specifically, I'd maybe rank them this way:

1. Words of Radiance
  2. Oathbringer
  3. The Way of Kings
  4. Rhythm of War
  5. Edgedancer
  6. Dawnshard

Favorite character might be Jasnah.

Spoiler

I remember being very distraught about her and my brother managed to convince me she was a throw away side character lmao

6 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

Ooh, you’re moving pretty quick! What have you thought of everything you’ve read in the last few months?

Yeah I've been pretty dedicated to it! The last handful of months have been just Stormlight. I love them so much. I actually re-read The FInal Empire back in October and was surprised at how much I like Stormlight more now - I was sure it wouldn't compare to Mistborn. Not that I dislike Mistborn now, but omg Stormlight is so good. And I LOVED Tress, such a great one. I can't wait to finish Sunlit Man and I'll probably start pouring into some theory forum threads.

8 hours ago, v1n said:

Thank you! Ooo, I think for Stormlight specifically, I'd maybe rank them this way:

1. Words of Radiance
  2. Oathbringer
  3. The Way of Kings
  4. Rhythm of War
  5. Edgedancer
  6. Dawnshard

Favorite character might be Jasnah.

Reveal hidden contents

I remember being very distraught about her and my brother managed to convince me she was a throw away side character lmao

Yeah I've been pretty dedicated to it! The last handful of months have been just Stormlight. I love them so much. I actually re-read The FInal Empire back in October and was surprised at how much I like Stormlight more now - I was sure it wouldn't compare to Mistborn. Not that I dislike Mistborn now, but omg Stormlight is so good. And I LOVED Tress, such a great one. I can't wait to finish Sunlit Man and I'll probably start pouring into some theory forum threads.

Sunlit is awesome, probably one of my favorite Brandon books ever, I’m excited to see what you think! I bawled my eyes out over it, but I cry over books a lot.

2 hours ago, justice magician said:

Welcome to the Shard!! Do you have a favorite kind of bagel?

Of course, I always go for pumpernickel. If there's a spread, I'll go for lox spread.

1 hour ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:

Welcome! If you could bring any 2 Brandon Sanderson characters (excluding WoT) back to life in a room for an hour, who would you bring back?

Ohhhh lord. Only for an hour? Okay I'm assuming this means they need to be dead, so...

Spoiler

I'll go with Wayne and Hoid, even though their not both dead, because I want those two to interract.

2 minutes ago, v1n said:

Of course, I always go for pumpernickel. If there's a spread, I'll go for lox spread.

Ohhhh lord. Only for an hour? Okay I'm assuming this means they need to be dead, so...

Reveal hidden contents

I'll go with Wayne and Hoid, even though their not both dead, because I want those two to interract.

Nice! Sounds really tasty!

29 minutes ago, v1n said:

Hide contents

I’ve never had pumpernickel, what is it?

Great choice!

Spoiler

I bet Wayne would annoy the heck out of Hoid and Hoid would just start viciously insulting Wayne and it’d be hilarious. Then I figure they’d both want more than just an hour lol.

3 hours ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:

I’ve never had pumpernickel, what is it?

It's a style of bread!

2 hours ago, Aredor said:

Hello! Welcome to the Shard!

Congratulations on getting so much of the Cosmere done. What would you say is your favorite standalone?

Thank you thank you! I just finished half of Yumi last night, so I'm aiming to be through very soon.

I think my favorite standalone is Tress of the Emerald Sea, then Warbreaker pretty close behind.