People you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley

Voidus

On 1/9/2019 at 11:27 AM, erbiL ohcnaG said:

I'd like to point out that pointing is rude and that we should all stop pointing. It's making our points uncomfortable.

In this case do you detest upvotes? Up is a direction and these arrows do pointpoint in a direction called up. I do believe this is why they are called upvoted

48 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:
  Reveal hidden contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

I assumed the joke in that was obvious...

The mods don't like it even if you are joking.

• 2 weeks later...

A year had passed since Voidus had been released. Since Sudiov started suppressing the powers of DA members. Since Mac had snapped, gaining access to the magic of the Void. 

Since Mac had failed.

He had one job, and- No. Now was not the time for pity. He can pity himself afterwards. Right now he had a mission. Albeit a tiny one, but it was still a job.

The Department of Counter Intelligence had been reformed after Sudiov got out. Their main focus right now was on Sudiov. And they may have a way to fight against him.

Walking around a pile of gravel, Mac looked into the lab to see Maq hard at work, smashing rocks with spikes. 

Mac tipped his hat at him then continued walking. Storms, why did I do that? He's blind for Ruin's sake. He shifted a folder to his left arm as he opened the Door to one of Voidus' labs. No luck. He had been searching for him all morning. Unfortunately Voidus could be difficult to find. So difficult that a disappearance of 16 years wasn't out of the norm.It didn't excuse his slopyness, but- Again with the failure. Can't think about that right now. Where is he? I suppose that I might as well check with his secretary. 

Mac made his way out of his lab and knocked on Voidus' secretary's office. Mac never knew why he had one, but it was useful when you couldn't find Voidus. Ringing the bell, he tentatively asked, "Could you please let Voidus know that I would like to meet with him?"

He walked over to a chair and sat down, then reached into his pocket and pulled out a cadmium spike that granted Allomatic cadmium.

He slid it into the bind point, downed a vial of Cadmium, and then began burning it.

While contacting the secretary would get you a meeting with Voidus, it could often take a while.

Three weeks later the office door opened, and Voidus stepped into the office, his eyes even more sunken than usual and suit in disarray. He shot a questioning glance towards his secretary, Bill, before noticing the other person in the office.

"Mac. You're back on your feet already?"

The process of having large sections of his spiritweb torn from his body couldn't have been easy to recover from, and to have gone as far as Snapping into Voidmaking powers was likely even less pleasant.

Voidus' eyes flickered over to a wall for a moment, peering through it towards something in the far distance he let out a soft groan. He watched a faint path of darkness begin to expand down the corridor of one of the Alleys, another attack from Sudiov. With a moments concentration he sent a second patch of darkness to the same area, watching as the two struggled briefly before they both withdrew.

"I've been a little... distracted recently." Voidus admitted. "But I can spare a moment."

"Mac. You're back on your feet already?" 

Mac grimaced, remembering his recovery. 

“It was tough, but I am here. Spirit web reconstruction is not a fun process, but I was able make it through. It helps that I have an associate who is able to see spirit webs.”

I've been a little... distracted recently." Voidus admitted. "But I can spare a moment."

”Thank you. This first part shouldn’t take long, the second part may take a bit longer.” He took a step forward to hand Voidus the folder. 

“The DADoCIR&D department wanted to create a possible weapon to help defeat Sudiov, usually we wouldn’t ask for permission, but you may dislike this experiment due to the substances involved.” He pointed to the first page of the folder, on which was a picture of drop bear, a plus sign, and a pineapple. Hopefully he wouldn’t be destroyed for his  heresy. 

“The second thing is a bit more personal. About a year ago I snapped into Voidmaking. 

I still have no idea how to use that power. Can you teach me how to use it?”

@Voidus

Edited by MacThorstenson

Voidus froze as he took a glance at the folder, staring at it for a moment before looking back at Mac. The room began to grow darker as he continued to stare before finally speaking.

"If this was anyone else I'd assume this was a joke, and not one that I find amusing. But this. Fine, but you keep this contained under the highest security we can manage. If I ever see this uncontained then you won't be the only casualty."

Voidus leaned back in his chair as he finished, the room growing light again and set the folder to one side.

"As for your other request, that's understandable. I'd intended to wait until you'd made a full recovery before we started speaking of this, but it seems I underestimated your tenacity. Very well, no time like the present. Well I mean technically most points in time are relatively similar and there are instants before and after the present that are nigh-identical. Come on, we'll need somewhere a little more isolated than this. We can use Alley ╔═╦═╦╬══."

Mac.png.011c22ac17b9bd10643b2bf8a00c64df.png

"If this was anyone else I'd assume this was a joke, and not one that I find amusing. But this. Fine, but you keep this contained under the highest security we can manage. If I ever see this uncontained then you won't be the only casualty."

Mac grimaced as the darkness filled the hallway. "Understood. This wont even begin production until we are sure we need it. But we want to make sure we are prepared in case of the unfortunate eventuality that we need a super weapon."

"As for your other request, that's understandable. I'd intended to wait until you'd made a full recovery before we started speaking of this, but it seems I underestimated your tenacity. Very well, no time like the present. Well I mean technically most points in time are relatively similar and there are instants before and after the present that are nigh-identical. Come on, we'll need somewhere a little more isolated than this. We can use Alley ╔═╦═╦╬══."

"Ok, shall I meet you there?"

@Voidus

Edited by MacThorstenson

The man who had forgotten his own name strode down the busy thoroughfare of Alley 3.1415, nodding to denizens he recognized. He took a left, then a right, then a left again, went down some stairs, through a busy lab and came back out into Alley 3.1415.  

He had known where to go since this... whenever he had been woken up from stasis in Alley 0.QXD. A faceless person had handed him a small vial containing an F-copper spike, along with a small coppermind loaded with directions calibrated to the exact dimensional fequency he needed to pick up the item.

He arrived at a french door mounted directly to a gutter. He opened it and stepped out of a file cabinet in the Archives section. 

He closed the cabinet and breathed in. The familiar smell of rotting flesh hit his nostrils, along with hints of formaldehyde and burnt paper. If his directions were correct, the item he needed was in the next cabinet over. He yanked a drawer open and lifted a small box out and opened it. Inside was a blood spattered manila folder, a spike vial and a cookie. He grabbed the envolope and the cookie, leavig the vial for another unfortunate soul.

He tapped Fortune and started yanking drawers open. Eventually he found one that contianed a gateway leading to his office. He jumped in.

• 3 weeks later...

Johnny Nolastname stumbled through the door and tumbled into the office. “Ow! Specking clumsy feet.... Specking confusing city....”

True to Malu’s word, you couldn’t miss the giant glowing tower he needed to get to. What Malu didn’t mention was that the city was made of alleys. Dark alleys, well-lit alleys, dirty alleys, clean alleys, but all alleys. Turned out navigating the city was easier said than done when you’re a kid with a taser and a backpack and nothing else. 

He looked up, and chills ran down his spine. This was no doubt the most horrifying office he’d ever seen in his life. He didn’t even want to take the time to properly look at it before he turned around and bolted for the door.