Chromium

atium

lerasium

harmonium

stick

heart of innocent bystander

Baking steps:

1. Make spike out of chosen metal.

2. Stab spike through heart of innocent bystander.

3. Find a stick that repeatedly says "I am a stick."

4. Mix the spike and stick with the cookie dough.

5. Bake for required amount of time.

6. Serve while hot.

Maleril pulled the spike from his leg and held it at arm's length, admiring the bright beam that shone forth.  Tungsten's hemalurgic properties hadn't seemed useful at the time when he'd discovered them, but now they were coming in handy.  In fact, the spike glowed more brightly than a lantern, even though it had only been in his leg for a few hours; he must have hit a particularly strong bind point.  He longed for Ruin's guidance, helping him to find the most potent spots for a spike, but he knew that it would divert him from his task.

Despite the spike's luminescence, Maleril still had to be careful not to trip over any objects lying on the ground, hidden by the darkness.  He couldn't afford to make a sound, not when he was this close to his goal.

Suddenly, his foot snagged on something: a thin copper wire, whose ends stretched into the darkness.  He had no idea of what it could be for, but he figured that it must lead somewhere, so he began to follow the wire's winding path.

Soon, the wire met with another, and another, and another, until Maleril found himself walking over a web of tangled copper, gold, and zinc.  As he continued through the enveloping blackness, he started to notice blood stains on the ground: just small at first, but they grew larger the farther he walked.

Maleril grew increasingly confused; he had come here to conduct Hemalurgic research, not spend three hours in the midst of a metal mess!  He knew, however, the his sources had led him here for a reason, and that he must find out what was going on.  In that spirit, Maleril bent down to pick up a gold wire that was lying across his path.

He was greeted by a sharp crack followed by a tingling sensation that spread across his hand.  Of course!  This must be the “electricity” about which he had heard rumors.  He didn't particularly enjoy the feeling, but he knew that great power might await him, so he held onto the cord.

Nothing else seemed to happen, so Maleril dropped the cord and sat down to think.  He had to find a connection between this power and Hemalurgy!  So, the natural thing to do was to wrap the wire around a spike of tin in his left arm, which held a valuable store of hearing.

He heard the same crackle as before, but a thousand times louder.  It was the only thing that he heard, drowning out the sound of dripping water.  But he could hear something in the crackle.  It was the sound of a thousand wires pulsing around him, all leading to the same spot.

I say we create a new division for hemalurgic spikes cookies used to steal and bestow biochromatic breath.

It would also be useful because we can discover if humans from planets other than nalthis possess breath.

And because with this we can make very, very good cookies. Since while you eat one you may attain a new heightening, the flavor of the cookie is bound of be unprecedentedly exquisite.

I say we create a new division for hemalurgic spikes cookies used to steal and bestow biochromatic breath.

It would also be useful because we can discover if humans from planets other than nalthis possess breath.

And because with this we can make very, very good cookies. Since while you eat one you may attain a new heightening, the flavor of the cookie is bound of be unprecedentedly exquisite.

They don't. Or rather, they have a soul but they couldn't use it to Awaken even if they became an Awakener.

Would anybody be up for formally starting a Dark Alley related RP?  I think that it might be fun to focus on role-playing and add a bit more structure to the DA.  (In fact, this might actually be a good opportunity to flesh out the Dark Alley a bit more, (spike cookie pun not intended))  If anyone is interested in this, please respond, and we can start a thread.

Can I join in on stabbing people through the chest with spikes- er, cookies?

Only if you take part in the various hemalurgic experiments going on down here. If you want you can help me find some more nicrocyl. I've been running tests on its properties since...those voices....contacted me. Not so sure if it's just the result of my exceedingly jacked up spirit Web or...something else... Edited by Alomantisist

Only if you take part in the various hemalurgic experiments going on down here. If you want you can help me find some more nicrocyl. I've been running tests on its properties since...those voices....contacted me. Not so sure if it's just the result of my exceedingly jacked up spirit Web or...something else...

Just your Spiritweb. Don't mind the mind-invading mistwraith slug.

Would anybody be up for formally starting a Dark Alley related RP?  I think that it might be fun to focus on role-playing and add a bit more structure to the DA.  (In fact, this might actually be a good opportunity to flesh out the Dark Alley a bit more, (spike cookie pun not intended))  If anyone is interested in this, please respond, and we can start a thread.

Our lack of structure IS our structure. Our intangibility is what makes us so formidable. You can't seize that which is incorporeal. 

However an RP does sound entertaining. It will certainly be different from other RPs.

You have my go ahead on the project, not that it means anything. Everyone knows words are simply the daydreams of our eyes anyhow.

Only if you take part in the various hemalurgic experiments going on down here. If you want you can help me find some more nicrocyl. I've been running tests on its properties since...those voices....contacted me. Not so sure if it's just the result of my exceedingly jacked up spirit Web or...something else...

Oh that was your spirit web. After all those cookies you had, it was really quite easy for me to telepath to you.

• 3 weeks later...