S. Stormy

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, RaeTheRaven said:

I wanna say that this is something that was said to Dalinar. But I'm not sure by whom. 

It was said to dalinar. By whom... I'm pretty sure it was Amaram. I just read WoR, and picked a quote from it at random. I am like 95% that it was Amaram to Dalinar at one of the feasts.

16 hours ago, The stormfather said:

It was said to dalinar. By whom... I'm pretty sure it was Amaram. I just read WoR, and picked a quote from it at random. I am like 95% that it was Amaram to Dalinar at one of the feasts.

I thought it was Adolin or someone when they were deciding that Adolin would talk to Eshonai instead of Dalinar because he's more important and they needed to keep him safe.

3 hours ago, The Sibling said:

I thought it was Adolin or someone when they were deciding that Adolin would talk to Eshonai instead of Dalinar because he's more important and they needed to keep him safe.

Huh. Adolin or Elhokar.

I thought it was Elhokar proving that Dalinar should be the High king.

On 10/17/2023 at 9:11 AM, The Sibling said:

On 10/18/2023 at 3:54 PM, The stormfather said:

It was in WoR, because I was reading it and flipped to a page and copied a quote. It was being said to dalinar, and Amaram's name was on the page, so I assumed it was him talking although it could have been Adolin or Elhokar or Sadeas or someone.

WoR Ch 51

Spoiler

“Impossible,” Dalinar said, “I won’t risk my son on—”

“Father!” Adolin snapped. “This is not subject to discussion!”

The room fell silent. Dalinar lowered his hand from the map. Adolin stuck out his jaw, meeting his father’s eyes. Storms, it was difficult to deny Dalinar Kholin. Did his father realize the presence he had, the way he moved people about by sheer force of expectation?

Nobody contradicted him. Dalinar did what he wanted. Fortunately, these days those motives had a noble purpose. But in many ways he was the same man he had been twenty years ago, when he’d conquered a kingdom. He was the Blackthorn, and he got what he wanted.

Except today.

“You are too important,” Adolin said, pointing. “Deny that. Deny that your visions are vital. Deny that if you die, Alethkar would fall apart. Deny that every single person in this room is less important than you are.”

Dalinar drew in a deep breath, then exhaled slowly. “It shouldn’t be so. The kingdom needs to be strong enough to survive the loss of one man, no matter who.”

“Well, it’s not there yet,” Adolin said.

I think part of the difficulty is people are paraphrasing rather than quoting. 

Here's a new one:

“I took care of them, Father,” she whispered. “Everyone has a job, and that’s mine. I take care of the children.”

16 minutes ago, Treamayne said:

WoR Ch 51

Hide contents

“Impossible,” Dalinar said, “I won’t risk my son on—”

“Father!” Adolin snapped. “This is not subject to discussion!”

The room fell silent. Dalinar lowered his hand from the map. Adolin stuck out his jaw, meeting his father’s eyes. Storms, it was difficult to deny Dalinar Kholin. Did his father realize the presence he had, the way he moved people about by sheer force of expectation?

Nobody contradicted him. Dalinar did what he wanted. Fortunately, these days those motives had a noble purpose. But in many ways he was the same man he had been twenty years ago, when he’d conquered a kingdom. He was the Blackthorn, and he got what he wanted.

Except today.

“You are too important,” Adolin said, pointing. “Deny that. Deny that your visions are vital. Deny that if you die, Alethkar would fall apart. Deny that every single person in this room is less important than you are.”

Dalinar drew in a deep breath, then exhaled slowly. “It shouldn’t be so. The kingdom needs to be strong enough to survive the loss of one man, no matter who.”

“Well, it’s not there yet,” Adolin said.

I think part of the difficulty is people are paraphrasing rather than quoting. 

Here's a new one:

matisse.