Having a Bad Day? Stop here for a Good Rant!

traceria

Forget the alethi culture, some of us want to see her hands! :ph34r:

Well she could wear a glove for the photo shoot, unless she wants to maximize sex appeal. :wacko::P

I am officially picturing the Alethi Cosmopolitan magazine, complete with cover photos of women with finger-less gloves.

Oh absolutely but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate her hands on top of her personality. :P

You can't just ask for hand pictures, though. I mean, advising her to go skinny-dipping? That's perfectly fine! Talking about her grilling burger patties on her abs while in a bikini? That's perfectly normal and totally not weird discourse! But you shouldn't encourage her to objectify herself on the Internet. :o

Oh absolutely but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate her hands on top of her personality. :P

You can't just ask for hand pictures, though. I mean, advising her to go skinny-dipping? That's perfectly fine! Talking about her grilling burger patties on her abs while in a bikini? That's perfectly normal and totally not weird discourse! But you shouldn't encourage her to objectify herself on the Internet. :o

I could push some cultural boundaries and take pictures of myself knitting—creating useful art—with an uncovered safehand. :ph34r:

How are you sure it wasn't her other hand (what's the technical term??) and the picture was just flipped? :P

...Well that's a comforting thought.

But let's hope the Rosharans never discover simple image flipping tools. They could easily create dirty pictures of anyone they wanted! :o

Just be glad you weren't there when she actually posted a picture of her hand. It's a black blot of shame on the entire Oregon RP. :wacko::P

I already got into an argument with my brother over how Harry handled Draco's nervous breakdown. (I say he should've tried to help the poor guy; he says he'd have shot him if he were in Harry's shoes. I think that's mean.) So posting pictures of my uncovered safehand might be the least brazen thing I've done today. <_<

I already got into an argument with my brother over how Harry handled Draco's nervous breakdown. (I say he should've tried to help the poor guy; he says he'd have shot him if he were in Harry's shoes. I think that's mean.) So posting pictures of my uncovered safehand might be the least brazen thing I've done today. <_<

I don't get people who see solving problems via shooting as a universally macho and pragmatic way to solve problems. -_-

I'm no pacifist, but I do believe non-violent means of conflict resolution should always be pursued first and foremost.

Edited by Kobold King

I don't get people who see solving problems via shooting as a universally macho and pragmatic way to solve problems. -_-

I'm not pacifist, but I do believe non-violent means of conflict resolution should always be pursued first and foremost.

Me neither. And I get it--Harry was in danger. In a similar situation, the bystander who tries to help might wind up being attacked just like Harry was. But the thing is, Harry had another option. He could have called for help, gotten a teacher, done SOMETHING, and I think it would have made him more heroic had he tried to help his enemy. People involved in situations like that don't always have time to try another option, but the way my brother approaches this makes me worry he'll react too quickly one day and wind up doing something he regrets for the rest of his life. :wacko: Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Me neither. And I get it--Harry was in danger. In a similar situation, the bystander who tries to help might wind up being attacked just like Harry was. But the thing is, Harry had another option. He could have called for help, gotten a teacher, done SOMETHING, and I think it would have made him more heroic had he tried to help his enemy. People involved in situations like that don't always have time to try another option, but the way my brother approaches this makes me worry he'll react too quickly one day and wind up doing something he regrets for the rest of his life. :wacko:

I suspect your brother's under the influence of a powerful and potent drug:

52cba0eada61470bc96e51d88c8f792f.jpg

That's what it usually is, when men bring up guns and talk about why a character should have been shot in a particular scene. Sometimes rational points are made; sometimes, it's just a veiled way of bragging about how hardcore they are. :mellow:

I suspect your brother's under the influence of a powerful and potent drug:

52cba0eada61470bc96e51d88c8f792f.jpg

That's what it usually is, when men bring up guns and talk about why a character should have been shot in a particular scene. Sometimes rational points are made; sometimes, it's just a veiled way of bragging about how hardcore they are. :mellow:

Most likely, yes. -_- Now he's saying Harry's use of a mysterious Dark curse in a mysterious book with a mysterious description was "no more irresponsible" than what Draco did. He survived a Cruciatus Curse once before. He was MOBILE after Cruciatus. Harry had no idea what Sectumsempra did, and Draco could have easily bled out before help arrived. Draco didn't do anything good, but that hardly excuses the actions of Harry, who had multiple immobilizing spells mastered.

Colours, this TEFL course is frying my brain. I'm ahead of schedule but the grind is worse than Monster Hunter drop rates Q_Q Back ache, mind frazzle, brain deflation, starting to feel as air-headed as windspren (badumtsh)

To the young man in the Oldsmobile who drove 15 miles under the speed limit, refused to let me pass, and flipped me off when I finally managed it: I hope you're not doing that to attract women, because no one in their right mind would date someone who does that. As for me, I hope you try that routine on a cop who is having a very bad day and is in the mood to dish out a little karma. :ph34r:

Saw Inside Out. One of the worst films I've seen all year.

...oh, the movie was fine; I'm still considering what I think of it.

But the cinema didn't turn off its lights, the picture only took up a fraction of the screen, and kids kept talking throughout the movie. Worst cinemas experience I've had since the original Thor.

Saw Inside Out. One of the worst films I've seen all year.

...oh, the movie was fine; I'm still considering what I think of it.

But the cinema didn't turn off its lights, the picture only took up a fraction of the screen, and kids kept talking throughout the movie. Worst cinemas experience I've had since the original Thor.

Seriously? That's really unprofessional.

Mind if I ask what happened with the original Thor?