Having a Bad Day? Stop here for a Good Rant!

traceria

I know, but if it turns into an argument, they'll just deny ever having promised such a thing. And I don't know if anyone on Facebook would want to help me or if they could….

It doesn't really matter what they deny or claim. Like Edgedancer said, they can't actually stop you. Ultimately they're just bullies--it sounds like the worst they can do is sulk and pout at you until something else catches their ire and they forget all about you.

Getting a lecture would suck but from what you told us I don't think another lecture really matters. This is buisness, they are litterally incapable of stoping you from doing this (at least without comitting a crime) and you're about to move out anyway... so what's there to lose?

Just adjust the privacy settings so they can't see that post.

And if they do find out, use it as blackmail to get them to pay for a pug :ph34r:

Cmon Twi. Be independent. You got this. :)

It doesn't really matter what they deny or claim. Like Edgedancer said, they can't actually stop you. Ultimately they're just bullies--it sounds like the worst they can do is sulk and pout at you until something else catches their ire and they forget all about you.

Plus once you're living away from them you don't have to deal with their sulkiness daily, and they would (?) probably forget about it.

I guess the worst they could do is passive aggressively buy me a pug and hold it over me, in which case I could just use the crowd funding money to pay for medical expenses and/or toys….:ph34r: 

Hey, who cares if its passive aggressive if you walk out with a pug at the end of it? :P

*hug*

Yeah, that's true. :P 

So if I were to do this, I'd need to word the description pretty carefully in case my parents did wind up seeing it. I was originally going to go with something like "I struggle with semi-frequent bouts of depression and I'm moving out soon. I need a pug :-(." Even though that's true, I don't think my parents would react well. I know I'll be independent and all, but I still don't want to poke the bear. 

Thoughts? 

Hmmm

"Twis pug fund!

Hi y'all

You know how much I loves pugs, how great they are with xyz and those sad days when nothing but an adorable pug face can cheer you up. Well, I'm moving out of home and that means saying goodbye to Mollie And (?). I don't have a lot of money, could you pretty please do a girl a favour and help me buy my own pug? I will love you forever and repay you with baked goods and endless happiness"

Ok, that's maybe a little over the top. :ph34r: Like, blame it on yor own poorness, not your parent's.

Hmmm

"Twis pug fund!

Hi y'all

You know how much I loves pugs, how great they are with xyz and those sad days when nothing but an adorable pug face can cheer you up. Well, I'm moving out of home and that means saying goodbye to Mollie And (?). I don't have a lot of money, could you pretty please do a girl a favour and help me buy my own pug? I will love you forever and repay you with baked goods and endless happiness"

Ok, that's maybe a little over the top. :ph34r: Like, blame it on yor own poorness, not your parent's.

Maybe….

"Danielle's Pug Fund 

"Hi, everyone! As you might know, I'll be moving out soon, which means I'll have to say goodbye to Bruno and Mollie. If you know me, you probably also know how much I love pugs, as evidenced by the number of pug pictures I've posted. Pugs are awesome for those days when nothing but a smushy little face can cheer you up. Since I don't have a ton of money I'll also be paying for the move and other expenses, would you like to help me out? I'll repay you in baked goods and endless hugs." 

"Donate X and name the puppy! Donate XX and I'll murder you in Oregon! Let's reach XXX, and I can buy a pug and upload videos of his reaction to the Stormlight Archive!"

Well, I was considering a no-budget adaptation of Way of Kings performed by sock puppets, with a pug playing the chasmfiend….:ph34r: 

Maybe….

"Danielle's Pug Fund 

"Hi, everyone! As you might know, I'll be moving out soon, which means I'll have to say goodbye to Bruno and Mollie. If you know me, you probably also know how much I love pugs, as evidenced by the number of pug pictures I've posted. Pugs are awesome for those days when nothing but a smushy little face can cheer you up. Since I don't have a ton of money I'll also be paying for the move and other expenses, would you like to help me out? I'll repay you in baked goods and endless hugs." 

I think that looks good. You could post a thread on General Discussion for awareness, perhaps? Maybe even post a video of yourself with a pug. That ought to net you some good forum publicity.

For your Pug Fund: Do not use Kickstarter, I'm fairly certain that's against the usage policy.

IndieGoGo may be better, but GoFundMe seems to be the platform best suited for this kind of thing. My main concern, though, is outlined above.

Another, more private method would be to open up a PayPal account. Get a new e-mail just for that, people here or on other social sites who want to donate can PM you, get the e-mail, and just send you the money. This could also be used for other reasons, eBay, Amazon, etc. and I think would be easier to set up.

And, there are no filthy usage policies!*

*Warning, PayPal still has filthy usage policies.

For your Pug Fund: Do not use Kickstarter, I'm fairly certain that's against the usage policy.

IndieGoGo may be better, but GoFundMe seems to be the platform best suited for this kind of thing. My main concern, though, is outlined above.

Another, more private method would be to open up a PayPal account. Get a new e-mail just for that, people here or on other social sites who want to donate can PM you, get the e-mail, and just send you the money. This could also be used for other reasons, eBay, Amazon, etc. and I think would be easier to set up.

And, there are no filthy usage policies!*

*Warning, PayPal still has filthy usage policies.

Reading PayPal user policies now. 

Edit: Also checked out GoFundMe, which looks like it would allow for something like this. There's a whole section where people ask for money to help with vet bills and whatnot, but I'll keep reading just to make sure this isn't too out of line. 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

On a cheery note, Twi, after your performance in the Hunger Games: Sanderson Elimination game on General Brandon Discussion, I think most members will be too scared of you not to buy you a pug. :ph34r:

It appears that way. :ph34r: 

On an equally cheery but far less bloodthirsty note, I asked GoFundMe if I would be allowed to run a campaign to buy a dog, and set a comparatively low campaign goal of several hundred dollars. The rep said yes to both. ^_^

On an equally cheery but far less bloodthirsty note, I asked GoFundMe if I would be allowed to run a campaign to buy a dog, and set a comparatively low campaign goal of several hundred dollars. The rep said yes to both. ^_^

And you didn't even have to polish the blood off your axe to intimidate them? Awesome! :D

Yay!!! :D

I'd just like to say thanks to all the awesome people who were nice enough to reply to a post I made when I was feeling whiny and depressed. It's nice to know you guys are there, if not physically.

Just a clarification- it wasn't that I just want to do things to be as good as others, it's just that I felt overshadowed. Like everything I did that I was proud of was lame comparatively, even though I know I've done some pretty cool stuff.

What I mean is that you're all awesome, as I know I say that a lot but it's because it's true and I so wish I could meet you in real life so I could hug the dickens out of you.

You're all amazing. Go out there and be fantastic.

And Twi, good luck getting a pug! And Mollie is adorable. (^w^)

If you make the fund Twi could you either advertise in the Questions thread or just send me a PM? I don't check this thread as obssesively as the WHIO threads so otherwise I might miss it :P

Well, my mom just apologized….for misunderstanding. Not for acting the way she did—she made sure to explain that she really was upset because she really did think I was trying to make a statement. 

Dear Mom: "I'm sorry, but" is not an apology. If I did that to you, I would never hear the end of it. I would still be hearing about what an awful person I was for not giving you a real apology, if you happened to need something to throw in my face. 

Kind of depressing thing below the spoiler….

Seriously, you can turn back now.

I'm going to leave as soon as I have the chance. If I get the job I'm interviewing for on Thursday, I'm going to move out as soon as I can, and apply for jobs in places other than Spokane once I have some more experience. If I do apply for a job in Spokane, it'll be three to five years down the road. 

And I'm just overwhelmed by this feeling that once I cut ties geographically, I'm going to be completely alone. I've had trouble making friends in the past. Not on here—it's easier for me to communicate when I'm writing something down. But in person, I always worry that I'm sending the wrong signals with body language and whatnot, and that I respond wrong to every single social cue. I've had people act like they wanted to be my friends, but I've never pursued the friendship any further because I was either afraid of what my parents would say or because I was afraid I'd screw things up. So now I'm sitting here, and I'm thinking that once they all move away, I'm going to spend my days alone. Holidays alone. Birthdays alone. I've rebuffed everyone who ever wanted to be my friend, and now they've told their friends and I've blacklisted myself. And even if I haven't, I will eventually. I just keep feeling like it's just a matter of time.

Twi, you are the nicest person on this site. If you are like that, I'm Odium.