Okay, kaladin is easier to understand, Dalinar's self improvement arc is cool, and Jasanah wouldn't have died if not for Shallen. Additionally, Shallon's order, lightweavers, are super overrated, and Shallen and Adolin seem so scuffed together (imo).

Happy?

1 hour ago, Aeoliae said:

Okay, kaladin is easier to understand, Dalinar's self improvement arc is cool, and Jasanah wouldn't have died if not for Shallen. Additionally, Shallon's order, lightweavers, are super overrated, and Shallen and Adolin seem so scuffed together (imo).

Happy?

No, I’m not particularly happy about your opinion. Jasnah dying because of Shallan is a moot point, but I won’t say why because of potential spoilers. I agree that Kaladin is easier to understand and Dalinar’s arc is cool, but neither of those things make them better than Shallan. I also agree that Adolin and Shallan’s relationship is weird at times, but it’s getting better imo. 

58 minutes ago, Shallan’s-Squire said:

No, I’m not particularly happy about your opinion. Jasnah dying because of Shallan is a moot point, but I won’t say why because of potential spoilers. I agree that Kaladin is easier to understand and Dalinar’s arc is cool, but neither of those things make them better than Shallan. I also agree that Adolin and Shallan’s relationship is weird at times, but it’s getting better imo. 

Shallen is a more complex character, and way harder to understand, and as such most don't really connect well, which means they don't like them. Although Shallen flashback scenes can be boring

3 hours ago, Shallan’s-Squire said:

Hi. I’m new here, I think Shallan is the best, and I’m ready to defend that opinion. Bring it on

Welcome to the Shard! I'd have to disagree with Shallan being the best, but I won't fight you about it. Who's your least favorite character?

13 minutes ago, Frissyn said:

Welcome to the Shard! I'd have to disagree with Shallan being the best, but I won't fight you about it. Who's your least favorite character?

Thanks! Least favorite like I wish they didn’t exist, or least favorite as in Im glad they are part of the story, but I want to see them get wrecked by the good guys? I think Moash is one of my least favorite. I like him as a character, but I hate him as a person, and I hope Kaladin gets to kill him

1 hour ago, Edema Ruh said:

My reasons are too emotional to be explained in simple and logical words. 

Hmmm. Well here’s one reason I love Shallan. She didn’t need the stormfather to save her in her darkest moment, or get freed from a weird stone to realize she could do good. She didn’t need to go to the nightwatcher to overcome her past, or have her entire civilization wiped out before she turned to the good side. Shallan has done plenty of terrible things, but I believe she has truly been a good person through it all, and she chooses to be good even though she sometimes has good reason not to. She blocks out a lot of her past, but that allows her to be happy and support others while being tormented inside. She never gave up, and she just keeps going as long as she can, that’s why she’s a winner

30 minutes ago, Shallan’s-Squire said:

Thanks! Least favorite like I wish they didn’t exist, or least favorite as in Im glad they are part of the story, but I want to see them get wrecked by the good guys? I think Moash is one of my least favorite. I like him as a character, but I hate him as a person, and I hope Kaladin gets to kill him

Yelig-nar is the most hated character and I may or may not be why.

23 minutes ago, Shallan’s-Squire said:

Hmmm. Well here’s one reason I love Shallan. She didn’t need the stormfather to save her in her darkest moment, or get freed from a weird stone to realize she could do good. She didn’t need to go to the nightwatcher to overcome her past, or have her entire civilization wiped out before she turned to the good side. Shallan has done plenty of terrible things, but I believe she has truly been a good person through it all, and she chooses to be good even though she sometimes has good reason not to. She blocks out a lot of her past, but that allows her to be happy and support others while being tormented inside. She never gave up, and she just keeps going as long as she can, that’s why she’s a winner

I don't know. I still think kaladin is best, since he struggles every day but still keeps fighting. And he has the best scenes. And he is very cool

6 hours ago, Shallan’s-Squire said:

Hi. I’m new here, I think Shallan is the best, and I’m ready to defend that opinion. Bring it on

Hey, its great to have you. I also love Shallan and think she has one of the best arcs and am excited to see what’s next, but truth be told I would rather be one of Lift’s squire’s just to be there for the chaos 

While my favorite character has been Kaladin from start to finish, I have gradually grown to enjoy all of the cast. (I know, my love is cheap.) Shallan is a harder character to read, and I'm not the biggest fan of reading about espionage, but that doesn't take away from the fact that she is a good person. Anyways, welcome to the Shard :) 

1 hour ago, Shalika said:

Hello there! I'm new here too. I just wish I could skip Shallan chapters. 

this would be the place to ask for that

12 hours ago, Fieri said:

While my favorite character has been Kaladin from start to finish, I have gradually grown to enjoy all of the cast. (I know, my love is cheap.) Shallan is a harder character to read, and I'm not the biggest fan of reading about espionage, but that doesn't take away from the fact that she is a good person. Anyways, welcome to the Shard :) 

Yeah that's most peoples' favorite character. And for good reason.

On 8/24/2023 at 11:54 PM, Silver Phantom said:

Hey, its great to have you. I also love Shallan and think she has one of the best arcs and am excited to see what’s next, but truth be told I would rather be one of Lift’s squire’s just to be there for the chaos 

Lift having squires is like moash turning good. Impossible.