Add on story! And… Add!

Ok, let’s start an add on story! The rules: 

Make your part of the story as long as you want, but try not to do multiple scenes. 

It can be one line! It does not have to be long.

Do not include anything suggestive or inappropriate.

Don’t make any completely outlandish turns, unless they work well, but di so carefully.

If you add on, make sure you have read all the story up to that point.

Don’t end the story abruptly.

On that note, I’ll go first. It might be long, but I’m doing that to start it. There will be typos.

Bard crept along the tree branch. This was a narrow one. He thought. He been doing this for years, and he could balance skillfully on the branches, but even then, ones like the branch he was on still made him nervous. It was only a foot wide. Most ones that people walked were serveral feet. Even a yard or two wide. 
Bard continued forward and down with the branch. He was getting close to the camp. Dangerously close. But he kept going. I’ve done this before. In, out, and a little boost from my pops. 
He spotted the first one. Approaching Kiabs was never difficult. They didn’t put guards or watchers. It was getting away that was challenging. He looked past the Kiab. There were about thirty of them. They were spindly, slightly off in body shape compared to a human, short creatures with nasty habits. 
As he scanned, he saw what he was looking for. Their chest. And as always the not to bright creatures had put it on the outside of their camp. 
The camp was on the top of a huge tree trunk. His own branch led to it. He came to the chest, and opened it. There! Yes! Thank the trees! It’s here! He took out the thin chain. At the end of it was a key. He didn’t know what that was for, but he knew his buyers really wanted it. 
Then the horn blew. 
Darn trees. He didn’t even bother to look as the kiabs all started. They spotted him and began the chase. Just as he expected. They had some sense Bars knew. Too many people underestimated them. They backed him to a branch too thin. He wouldn’t be able to go out far on it. 
He back away until he heard creaking. He looked around. The kiabs had already moved to surrounding branches. 
so he did what he always did. He jumped off. 
And Immediately he used his pops. He had first learned then when a mysterious man without pinky fingers had passed by him as he travelled they stuck together for a little bit, long enough to to teach bard this trick, then he disappeared. 
Bard could make tiny explosions. And he used them to fly. He called them pops. He jumped off the branch, and put a foot outward as if onto something. Right under his boot, he popped. It propelled him as if he had jumped off a solid branch. He continued this process, running through the air. As he got to far branch, he looked back. The kiabs were confused. As they always were.

Reminder: make this as short or as long as you want. Mine was kinda long cause I wanted to start it off solidly.

Please add!

Edited by ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

A bark from another one of these Kiabs made him confused. Kiabs were supposed to be dumb, unintellegent, and not the sharpest tool in the shed. Bard's pops sent him propelling through the trees, and then a loud warcry was heard. 

Bard turned around to investigate, and found himself staring into the viscious eyes of a Kiab. But no. This one seemed more intellegent, more dominant, more... human. It gave another bark, and the Kiabs did the impossible.

They picked up pebbles and threw them. All of the kiabs. That kiab was smart. 

And he needed to be eliminated. 

The kiab suddenly rushed at Bard. Surprised. He decided to get a better position. He jumped of the branch aiming for one a few yards away.
He fell. 
His pop didn’t pop. It felt like his arm was sticking through a wall, and he on one side, and his pop was on the other. He siding have much time to think about this problem because he hit smack on his face against a wide branch that had been below him. 
Darn tree. 
But that teee was much preferable to falling all the way down. Bard almost wanted to see how far he would have fallen, but the first rule of the forest, never look down. 
His face hurt. He felt dizzy as he slowly got up to his feet, his vision blurred. He blinked and realized there were figures rescuing him. Then he realized they were kiabs. 
Darn trees. 
He tried to run, but he feel again. He felt himself  get him on his head with a stick. 
And so this is how I’ll die. Kiabs. 
then he realized that no other hits came. Instead, he felt ropes being ties a round his ankles, then his wrists too. Another stick came and that was the last thing he remembered.

• 4 weeks later...

Then bard thought desperately. Ah the the key. That was probably it. He went to take it out, but he found it wasn’t there. Perfect. His apprentice must be doing his job for once. He saw his figure move away. He was almost out. The another kiab pointed at him and shouted. DARN TREES! They were always so close.

After another shout from one of the kiabs, the smart kiab ordered the others again, and pretty soon the bards apprentice was being pelted with rocks. His apprentice weathered it pretty well and almost escaped, before a particularly large rock was thrown and clonked him on the head. He fell face flat on the branch, and a small object fell out of his pocket. The Key! the bard thought. The key fell down almost 15 feet and landed on a small inch-wide branch with no other branches large enough to stand on around it. "Darn this whole Forest" he yelled out into the air in frustration.

As the kiabs were distracted, he foused on getting out if his bonds. This was something he could do. He got out of them quickly and stood up. He turned and faced the large kiab. It snarled. Intelligently. Too intelligently. Disturbing. And worrying. Very worrying. The bard leaped form the branch as a group of kiabs struck out for him.

He tried his pops again, but they still seemed to not work, like something here kept them distant. Well, the bard could just do this the old-fashioned way. He leaped tree to tree, branch to branch. Luckily most of the kiabs were confused from the bard breaking out. They were just kiabs after all, most of them were just as dumb as ever. As he got farther away, he felt his pops coming back to him. He tried them again and they finally worked! Delighted, he used his pops to try to go back to the key and his apprentice. but as he got closer, he felt his pops slipping beyond that strange veil again. What in the Trees? This time though, he was able to land on a branch and not hit his head.

He grabbed the key, then went to his apprentice. The shadowy figure was fading. As to be expected. The kiabs had left him when they realized they couldn’t touch him. The bard reached into the shade. He felt pain. It grew then grew, until he felt the small diamon, which he grabbed and put in his shirt next to the key. His apprentice spoke to him mentally. Good? I and ready to take the next step. Become material. Use the… what’s the word you use? Pops. I am ready! Not quite yet. The bard  communicated back. we need to ask the master. So he sped away.

As he headed back, the veil was still over his pops. If this ended up being a reoccurring thing that would greatly affect him on the missions. But his mind actually wasn't on the pops, it was on the smart kiab. That was very worrying, the way it looked at him, almost like it could think like a person. If other kiabs started to be like that, They would become infinitely more dangerous. He decided to not tell anyone about it yet. After he gave the key to his buyers, he would have to come back and end the life of that kiab.

The bard continued on his way until he stood on a branch and feinted.

when he woke up, he stared at the horrifying sight. Bodies upon bodies of people. Piles of them. But he had seen bodies. He had seen piles of bodies. That was not what made chills run down his spine in terror. In the vast area of the bodies, their were no trees. Hundreds of yards. Nothing, except ash. Ash. Ash. The high ones were supposed to manage that. No…should be allowed to happen. With renewed vigor, terror, and urgency he went toward his master as fast as he could.

Edited by ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

He continued onward, the image of ash vivid in his mind. He tried to block it out, he tried to not think, but it was too horrible a sight. He only started feeling calm once he reached the place where his master dwelled. He opened a door into a large, hollowed-out tree, He then turned to the left and passed the door guard, a large Thrinthian man, they didn't speak the same language but he seemed like a nice enough fella. They nodded to each other and the bard went down the spiral staircase into his master's room.

Through the door, the bard heard. "We can't keep going on with this" a high-pitched voice said " The people are getting worried, and even suspicious of everyone. If we continue, we're gonna get caught." "You don't need to worry." A lower voice said." We will be able to finish the job by the end of the month, and we'll have exactly what we need.

“But what about the new ones. They are not natural! We cannot keep resisting!” At that there was a large bang of a chair falling. The bard stepped back, as a person he had never seen came storming out without even a glance to the bard. The bard hesitatlybdtep in the room.

His master was in the room, but he was standing up and his clothes were all messy. "Ah, Ah yes. What news do you have about the key?" He asked. He suddenly seemed very formal. "I got it right here," the bard said. He held out the key. He knew better than to question the master. Though he did wonder what in the world they were talking about, that wasn't his job. "You know," he said in a conniving tone. " I think it's about time I let you in on a secret" He took the key but kept looking straight at him with a grin.

“Are…Program… is not the only one if it’s kind. You know that, but there has been a recent stir among us.” He seemed hesitant as he continued. “They do not follow the natural laws, which is dangerous. Very dangerous. And I know what you think. The high ones… cannot contain them.”

The bard got visions of the desolation he had seen earlier and shivered. “I saw some aftermath I believe.”

The master nodded. “ that was only one of their apprentices. There is the master. He is… very very powerful.” The his voice lowered to a barely audible whisper.

“He is Fire.”

A thousand images flashed through his mind. He immediately thought of the people he had once known. Jake, Viyla, Kolos. All victims. The bard knew it with all his heart. Fire was death. And if the master was fire, then the master was death. Cruel, pointless, death that had taken so many things away. "If he is fire, then his flame shall be put out. And as violently as possible." The bard said, overcome with anger. "Good", his master said. "Take your bonus for the key from the door guard. I trust you shall accomplish your mission?" "Yes," the bard said, and started walking up the stairs. 

The bard left fuming. He went out of the room, then out of the tree. He went a little bit, then sat down. His life was good. No, my life has been good. By the trees, my life will not be any longer. Fire. That was not good at all. But there was one thing else. The kiab. A smart kiab. That bothered him. Yes, kiabs were very dangerous, but even with one being smart, they still could be kept. That was not the problem. When he was next to the kiab, he couldn’t use his powers. That was scary. Very scary. But he could survive without powers he wasn’t too useless. But the fact that a kiab could negate powers… that would mean that the kiab… had powers. That made him terrified. He thought back, this seemed familiar… The Bard gasped. He fell down shaking. The full power of the One came soon him. No. It stopped suddenly, but the bard continued shaking. No. Nonono- He ran back into the masters room. Master— He looked horiffied at the body lying on the ground. This cannot be happening.The bard ran. He kept running. Thankfully, his pops were working, and he made good speed. After what felt like hours of flying through the trees, he stopped and rested. He get a buzzing increasing in his pocket and he pulled out his apprentice. As he pulled him out, he immediately grew into his shadowy form. But something was off. He spoke in monotone.

The one is back. 
He builds his army. 
The same as before. 
He has his servants.

He cannot be destroyed, 
Except by the sword whose master is Master of Fire.

He shall have a chance.

A chance. 
A chance. 
A chance. 
A…Chance…

The bard looked to his aprentice as he slumped or ground. He stood over him and said, “I give you the status of Retriever. You are now beyond apprentice.  But I cannot give you form only the high ones can do that.” Then as an afterthought, And they may be the only ones who can keep us all alive.

And so the bard headed to the high ones.

Edited by ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ