The Dog and the Dragon-Earth part of the Cosmere!?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but no. There are dogs other places in the Cosmere, and Sanderson has said that Scadrial (Mistborn planet) is basically an Earth analogue. Anything on Earth is on Scadrial. And we know Wit has been to Scadrial. 

Also, no version of Earth exists in the Cosmere. It's actually a pretty good test if a book is in the Cosmere. 

33 minutes ago, AustereGodOfColors! said:

Oh thank you so much for this! I am pretty new to the fandom. 

*Facepalm* Oh yeah! Wolf-hounds on Scadrial. 

I was wondering why no one was talking about this (lol!)

Yeah, a bunch of Earth creatures exist in the cosmere, just because they do. Like a lot of fantasy. Scadrial, Nalthis, half of Yolen, and Sel are all rather Earth-like. 

Roshar is one of the more divergent planets in ecology. 

And also, yeah, Brandon said that Earth is not in the cosmere and never will be. This is such a strong factor that even books written to be in the cosmere were removed due to including Earth, like Rithmatist. 

The original planet in the Cosmere, Yolen, had parts that were essentially identical to Earth. And since Scadrial (and maybe other planets?) we're modelled after Yolen, we can see earthlife in the Cosmere.

I suppose it's also possible that Yolish life somehow migrated to other planets, like perhaps Ashyn.

Yeah, there's no earth in the Cosmere. But it would be so cool if there was! I love fantasy books that are future versions of the earth.

The dog thing is from Scadrial and Yolen probably. Hoid makes a lot of other references throughout the Cosmere to animals/technologies that may seem like they're from earth, but really they're just from planets similar to earth. 

8 minutes ago, The Sibling said:

Yeah, there's no earth in the Cosmere. But it would be so cool if there was! I love fantasy books that are future versions of the earth.

The dog thing is from Scadrial and Yolen probably. Hoid makes a lot of other references throughout the Cosmere to animals/technologies that may seem like they're from earth, but really they're just from planets similar to earth. 

Iirc, Brandon said he wanted to avoid it as that has kind of just become a trope. But I may be wrong. Wheel of Time, Lord of the Rings, Shannara, Inheritance Cycle (iirc), amongst others. 

I like it when done well (absolutely adore how Xenoblade does it), but it is pretty trope-y. 

One reason I know he did it is just, the cosmere is a specific star cluster, to put Earth randomly in it doesn't really work as it would mess a lot up.