Has anyone created an up to date cosmere timeline?

Gus

I've been looking for an up-to-date cosmere timeline that will put the books in context with events like the desolations or the lord rulers ascension in relation to when the books took place (if this is even possible). 

Thanks

Welcome to the Forums

2 hours ago, Gus said:

I've been looking for an up-to-date cosmere timeline that will put the books in context with events like the desolations or the lord rulers ascension in relation to when the books took place (if this is even possible).

Thanks

1 hour ago, Green Hoodie Mistborn said:

There's also a reading order thread here that mentions spoiler considerations for first-time read-throughs. 

Also, keep in mind that some of the chronology is "slushy" and still subject to revision if needed by future books. WoB (snipped for length):

Spoiler

Argent

We've always understood Elantris to be one of the earliest books in the Cosmere, but we see Kaise as Codenames in The Lost Metal, one of the latest books. Has the timeline contracted significantly, or are we just looking at the typical Shadesmar time dilation tricks?

Brandon Sanderson

So, here's thing, Argent. I'm not going to be able to give you strict timelines until I write Elantris 2 and 3. So my plan, originally, which might have been a bad plan, was Elantris 2 to take place some ten or fifteen years after Elantris 1. ... I've promised you guys a timeline. Once we've released that, we don't want to retcon it, does that make sense? So that's why we're waiting to release it.

12 hours ago, Gus said:

Thanks

There was a recent topic trying to do just that, here, full Cosmere spoilers: