The Shin have the Plate and Blades!

Kelek

Possible theory here as to the location of missing plate and blades. The Shin are hiding them. I had to expand on my thoughts put in a different thread, because I felt they had some credibility.

1. Look at what they say about Szeth. When he dies, they will "recover it"

-The Shin are a people who look down on soldiers, yet they know how to do something with the blades. No explanation is given on how they will recover the blade, but I think there is more to this. Szeth will be keeping his blade for a while(just my opinion), since he is a main POV. But definitely something is going on here, or is this a red herring?

2. They have an aversion to warfare. Who better to hide them. They won't be used.

- The "Cultivation is in Shinovar" theory really holds weight here. What better gift to cultivate life than to rid warring countries of a weapon this powerful and save them for when they are needed upcoming Desolation.

3. Szeth found his own blade in Shinovar where none were supposed to be. (could relate to his being Truthless)

- If this is false, then my theory is completely blown, but here's to hoping I am right!

Let the discussion begin!

this is exactly the kind of thing Brandon would do, have the people everybody 'knows' are harmless be secretly badass mofos who have 10 times more Shardblades then the rest of the word combined. Clearly the stone shamans are badass mofos as they are apparently capable of recovering a SB from somebody badass enough to kill Szeth.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree. I think the Shin forged the original Shardblades from unmined metal - that's why it is so valuable to them. Since they forged them they are able to recover them when a shardbearer dies if no one else claims the blade. Dalinar can only account for 100 blades in the world but sees over 300 in his vision. The Shin probably have the other 200.

I agree. I think the Shin forged the original Shardblades from unmined metal - that's why it is so valuable to them. Since they forged them they are able to recover them when a shardbearer dies if no one else claims the blade. Dalinar can only account for 100 blades in the world but sees over 300 in his vision. The Shin probably have the other 200.

Actually, there are closer to 1600 Shardblades somewhere. Remember, the Recreance vision only showed two orders.

Well, if Szeth is to be believed, Windrunners don't do well with plate. But that may have to do with him having KR powers, but not actually being one. If he's right, then this might extend to the orders on either side, who also use pressure or gravity powers, which would knock the total number of plate sets down by about 450. No telling on the blades, though. There could have been an order or two who didn't use them for some reason.

Well, if Szeth is to be believed, Windrunners don't do well with plate. But that may have to do with him having KR powers, but not actually being one. If he's right, then this might extend to the orders on either side, who also use pressure or gravity powers, which would knock the total number of plate sets down by about 450. No telling on the blades, though. There could have been an order or two who didn't use them for some reason.

But both times we've seen full Windrunners, they've had Plate. And I think all Radiants had the Blades and Plate, even if their focus was elsewhere. The Shards functioned as a symbol, like the mistcloak or a jedi lightsaber.

• 2 months later...

I think the thing with Szeth probably has to do with it being difficult (impossible?) to lash someone wearing plate and Szeth does most of his awesome tricks by lashing himself. Presumably Windrunner Plate used to be able to be affected by the one wearing it (maybe everyone, as they probably didn't fight eachother much :P) so yea I think it's basically because he's not actually a KR.

I personally think Szeth's problem is that he couldn't get his plate to distinguish his lashings from hostile lashings, and plate is designed to protect the wearer from lashings. He does note that his lashings do not work directly on someone in shardplate.

I personally think Szeth's problem is that he couldn't get his plate to distinguish his lashings from hostile lashings, and plate is designed to protect the wearer from lashings. He does note that his lashings do not work directly on someone in shardplate.

Probably another thing proceeding from the DisHonering of the Plate at the Recreance (as evidenced by the missing glow).

• Chaos locked this topic