Nightblood classification

Argenti

Question

8 answers to this question

29 minutes ago, Argenti said:

Would you say Nightblood is a big longsword or a short greatsword (for dnd terms) it falls right in the middle.

From Coppermind: Based on Vasher and Vivenna's statements, Nightblood could be around fifty-three all the way to sixty inches (135 cm - 152 cm) long overall, with a blade length somewhere between forty-three to forty-six inches.

Info from google/wiki. A long sword is on average 100–140 cm (39–55 in) (bigger than average, which would be fitted for larger Returned), great swords are between 160 cm and 180 cm. But it's more or less like Claymore (120–140 cm (47–55 in)), and Brandon himself said it's the closest to Claymore:

Spoiler

Thadamin

How many Cutting edges does Nightblood have? I'm just trying to find out what Nightblood looks like exactly, Warbreaker is a little sparse on an exact description.

Brandon Sanderson

Nightblood is a long, straight sword, edged on both sides.

morsk

If Nightblood was a Dark Souls weapon, which class would it be? Straight Sword, Greatsword, Ultra Greatsword? I think of it like the Claymore.

Brandon Sanderson

Claymore might be close. Though the dark souls ones might be a tad bigger than he is.

/r/books AMA 2015 (June 11, 2015)

For Returned he would be like a long sword, for normal humans like a Claymore.

Edited by alder24

30 minutes ago, Argenti said:

Would you say Nightblood is a big longsword or a short greatsword (for dnd terms) it falls right in the middle.

WoB:

Spoiler

Thadamin

How many Cutting edges does Nightblood have? I'm just trying to find out what Nightblood looks like exactly, Warbreaker is a little sparse on an exact description.

Brandon Sanderson

morsk

If Nightblood was a Dark Souls weapon, which class would it be? Straight Sword, Greatsword, Ultra Greatsword? I think of it like the Claymore.

Brandon Sanderson

Claymore might be close. Though the dark souls ones might be a tad bigger than he is.

Hope that helps

Edit: Ninja'd by @alder24

Edited by Treamayne
Ninja'd

Just now, Treamayne said:

WoB:

Hide contents

Thadamin

Brandon Sanderson

morsk

Brandon Sanderson

Hope that helps

1 minute ago, alder24 said:

From Coppermind: Based on Vasher and Vivenna's statements, Nightblood could be around fifty-three all the way to sixty inches (135 cm - 152 cm) long overall, with a blade length somewhere between forty-three to forty-six inches.

Info from google/wiki. A long sword is on average 100–140 cm (39–55 in) (bigger than average, which would be fitted for larger Returned), great swords are between 160 cm and 180 cm. But it's more or less like Claymore (120–140 cm (47–55 in)), and Brandon himself said it's the closest to Claymore:

Reveal hidden contents

Thadamin

Brandon Sanderson

morsk

Brandon Sanderson

/r/books AMA 2015 (June 11, 2015)

For Returned he would be like a long sword, for normal humans like a Claymore.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Treamayne said:

No Worries. A Zweihander might also fit the bill (thanks Forged in Fire).

I think that's too big. Those are even above 2m long. 

2 hours ago, Argenti said:

Similar question what do you think is Nightblood's alignment?

It's a sword that destroys evil, he isn't evil himself. He's a good boy opposing evil. Chaotic good of course. Very chaotic.

8 minutes ago, alder24 said:

It's a sword that destroys evil, he isn't evil himself. He's a good boy opposing evil. Chaotic good of course. Very chaotic.

I was thinking chaotic neutral, because he doesn't really know what good and evil is. Definitely Chaos tho

7 hours ago, Argenti said:

Similar question what do you think is Nightblood's alignment?

4 hours ago, alder24 said:

I think that's too big. Those are even above 2m long. 

Anarchist (Selfish):

Spoiler

Anarchist (Selfish)
This type of character likes to indulge himself in everything. He is the insurgent, con-artist, gambler and high roller. The uncommitted freebooter who is more likely to be a crime-fighter because he enjoys the thrill of danger and excitement, or fame, than any cause. This character will at least consider doing anything, if the price is right, or the challenge alluring enough. These characters are intrigued by power, glory and wealth. Like a moth drawn to a flame, the anarchist is attracted to the lure of the impossible, dangerous, and the underdog. Life has meaning, but his has the greatest meaning.
Laws and rules infringe on personal freedom and were meant to be broken. He will not hesitate at using strong-arm techniques, breaking and entering, theft, harassment, destruction of private property, and so on. This can also include acting as j udge, jury, and executioner. These characters are usually the daring vigilantes or anti-heroes who feel the end justifies the means. The anarchist aligned person is always looking for the best deal and self-gratification. He will work with good, selfish or evil to attain his goals. The anarchist is continually teetering between good and evil, rebelling against and bending the law to fit his needs. Mercenaries and thieves often fall into this category.

Nature:Celebrant

• The Celebrant takes joy in her cause. Whether the character’s passion is battle, religion, foiling her rivals,  or reading fine literature, it gives the Celebrant the strength to withstand adversity. Given the chance, the Celebrant will indulge in her passion as deeply as possible. Unlike the Fanatic (p. 91), the Celebrant pursues her cause not out of duty, but out of enthusiasm. Crusaders, hippies, political activists, and art enthusiasts are Celebrant Archetypes

Demeanor: Eye of the Storm

• Despite your calm appearance, chaos and havoc seems to follow you. From burning cities to emotional upheaval, death and destruction circle you like albatrosses. For you, unlife is a never-ending trial with uncertainty around every corner. Gang leaders, political figures, and other influential individuals exemplify the Eye of the Storm Archetype.

Nature is what you are in the dark while demeanor is the personality you present to the public.

As you can tell, I'm not much on D&D - those are from my preferred games (Palladium and OWoD).