[Cosmere spoilers]Shallan's ultimate fate

yahas

Slight Warning: This contains some info from things Brandon has revealed about White Sand

I remember a while back, there was a WoB which indicated that Shallan would go through multiple apprenticeships, of which under Jasnah was just one. In Words of Radiance, we see her apprentice herself to con-artist (Tyn). I remember there was some speculation that Shallan may end up apprenticing with Hoid, especially because of the "Lightweaving" thing.

I've thought about it a bit, and I've come to the conclusion that Shallan will actually apprentice herself with Khriss (the character from the unpublished White Sand who is apparently the most knowledgeable about the Cosmere) instead of Hoid.

Why? Well, there's enough circumstantial evidence for this from things Brandon has revealed about Khriss. Khriss, like Shallan is a natural scientist; she may be the writer of the Ars Arcanum (and hence, she's interested in scientifying magic) and given that White Sand is probably set way before Stormlight, she's clearly been at it for much longer. It just seems like the right kind of fit to me, especially since Shallan has been hanging out with Iyatil et al, who are all worldhoppers themselves, and since she has access to Shadesmar, which we know Hoid uses somehow for worldhopping.

What do you guys thing?

Edit: Made less spoiler-y

Edited by yahas

I think you should be very careful with giving away ANY knowledge about White Sand. As long as it's not published, the official policy here is to discuss it only in pms.

I think that maybe certain words shouldn't be shortened in certain ways. Upvote for the laugh.

When did Brandon say Kriss is the most knowledgeable?

I just finished white sand and it doesn't seem like she's going to be much of a world hopper unless kenton will be worldhopping with her.

Edited by Taravangian

It was during the WoR tour:

Question

Is Hoid the most knowledgeable about what's going on in the cosmere?

Brandon Sanderson

No, Khriss is the most aware by a long shot. Nazh knows a lot as well. Hoid might know more than Nazh but he is pretty in the know as well so it's close.

(source)

Also two comments, White Sand really is not supposed to be discussed here on the forums and White Sand has Khriss at the very start of her arc, she's had plenty of time to grow and change.

• Chaos locked this topic