I'm just curious - what are Lightwards?

Lightwards is an Epic from the "What happened in Oregon" RP. His character can best be discribed as a megalomaniac, delusional necromancer. As most major Epics in the RP he has a ponyfied form, Kobold King´s current avatar. His greatest feat up to this point is to join forces with an insane clown/loony toon/Roadrunner (Epic) and a her whovian boyfriend(/pet?) (not Epic) to fight an Epic who might as well be a living trollface.

Edited by Edgedancer

Lightwards is an Epic from the "What happened in Oregon" RP. His character can best be discribed as a megalomaniac, delusional necromancer. As most major Epics in the RP he has a ponyfied form, Kobold King´s current avatar. His greatest feat up to this point is to join forces with an insane clown/loony toon/Roadrunner (Epic) and a her whovian boyfriend(/pet?) (not Epic) to fight an Epic who might as well be a living trollface.

Well said.

So...

The other day, I watched an episode of the show. And I thought it was kind of cheesy how much of an emphasis the ponies placed on friendship, to the point of actually defeating villains with the unadulterated power of "love" and "friendship."

But then I realized that ponies are herd animals, and that it makes sense that their culture would be strongly based around forming stable group dynamics. And it makes sense that their magic, such as the Elements of Harmony, would be designed with these traits in mind, just like how our computer systems are built with human psychology in mind.

So while an alien anthropological study is probably not what Ms. Lauren Faust had in mind, it actually makes sense from a serious, even realistic perspective. And now I find myself creating elaborate timelines in which the ponies inhabit a parallel universe in which the prehistoric horse Mesohippus became the dominant species instead of primates, just as the Shards of Discord and Friendship came to settle upon the planet.

Such is the power of My Little Pony. Friendship is inter-species understanding and accurate depictions of non-human beings.

In addition to your well thought out reasoning, Kobold King, I would also much rather my future children watch a show with good friendship lessons than some of the other options out there.

But I still like it myself.  And I get the songs in my head...a lot. :D

Mistborn trilogy spoilers:

If Sazed gets his own God Metal alongside lerasium and atium... would that make it an element of Harmony?

For all we know, one of them is made out of this unnamed metal already!  Wonder which of the Mane 6 has it? 

What if the reason Celestia and Luna wear those neck/breast armor plate things is because they are combining Feruchemy and Allomancy to live for thousands of years?

And since Twilight doesn't wear the armor thing that's why the creators of the show said she isn't immortal and won't have to watch her friends die.

This merits further thought. I'll be in the thinking spot.

Edited by Quiver

What if the reason Celestia and Luna wear those neck/breast armor plate things is because they are combining Feruchemy and Allomancy to live for thousands of years?

And since Twilight doesn't wear the armor thing that's why the creators of the show said she isn't immortal and won't have to watch her friends die.

This merits further thought. I'll be in the thinking spot.

That makes a not insignificant amount of sense.

Also, can we all agree now that the Cutie Mark Crusaders are the precursors to the Seventeenth Shard, and that Apple Bloom is the recipient of the Letter?

That makes a not insignificant amount of sense.

Also, can we all agree now that the Cutie Mark Crusaders are the precursors to the Seventeenth Shard, and that Apple Bloom is the recipient of the Letter?

I think that's pretty definitive, yes.